Chefelf.com Night Life: New version of RotJ leaked online - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

New version of RotJ leaked online Oh, God, it's worse than I thought...

#1 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:33 AM

According to an article at Cinescape, a copy of the revamped RotJ from the upcoming DVD set has found its way onto the Internet.

Several message forums of video and STAR WARS websites have confirmed that Sebastian Shaw has been removed from the "ghost trio" at the end of JEDI and replaced by Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. As well, a scene showing the citizens of Naboo, consisting of both humans and Gungans, celebrating the death of the Emperor has been included in the montage of locations after the destruction of the second Death Star.

Time to pool our money and hire a contract killer, perhaps?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#2 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:41 AM

Just tell me, where can I find this... Lucas? ph34r.gif

#3 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:31 AM

I seriously can't believe lucas did that, not only is it totally unnecessary, it's also an insult to sebastian shaw who passed away a number of years ago.

It gets worse though, anyone heard the new dialogue for the re-shot vader-emporer scene with ian mcdiarmid in ESB for the DVD's? It really is bad!

#4 User is offline   Rorykins Icon

• Rhode Island's Favorite Son
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:I'm unwise.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:43 AM

These are truly the dark times, friends.

#5 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:I love playing baseball, fishing, spending work day ripping on the SW prequels, hanging out with my wife, going to church, working out, writing music, producing music, watching movies, going for long walks (with wife), hanging out with friends.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:34 AM

here's the link to the video file for the scene with Christiansen replacing Shaw.
video link

#6 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Garth Vader @ Jul 29 2004, 03:31 PM)
It gets worse though, anyone heard the new dialogue for the re-shot vader-emporer scene with ian mcdiarmid in ESB for the DVD's? It really is bad!

Nope. Go on, tell us the worst...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:39 AM

Oh that's just great. I see he gets to keep his vader legs. I mean, is his waist like four feet off the ground or what?

(btw, the SW site lists Anikan's height at 1.75 meters and Vader's at 2.2 I believe.)

Helena's right. Let us have it.

#8 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:05 PM

Chefelf, if you don't want to see these films, we'll understand. I know many of us would love to see a Reasons to Hate list for the new DVD editions but I don't think you should feel compelled to watch something I wouldn't watch myself.

#9 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:15 PM

*Groans*

I'm not going to watch this. Star War episode III is the last movie that I'm going to pay for and that's it! I just can't believe what's happening to Star Wars in only a few short years... it went from being the greatest series of all times... to this load of turd/

I never thought I'd see the day, never thought I'd see the day... :angry: :angry: yell.gif

This post has been edited by Paladin: 29 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

#10 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:25 PM

Jesus Christ. You people exaggerate. It's not THAT bad. The movies, visually, look stunning. The new Emperor/Vader scene is actually pretty good. The only thing I still have a problem with is Han stepping on Jabbas tail, Greedo shooting first, and Lukes gay scream in ESB. Besides that, I'm fine with everything else........even Hayden being added into the end.

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:59 PM

Dear Mr. Guest

please do not impugn homosexuality by associating same with that ESB "improvement."

So Lucas has set his films to stun. fine. I would appreciate you filling us in on where to view said wonderful emperor scene, so that we may change our ways. laugh.gif

#12 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:I love playing baseball, fishing, spending work day ripping on the SW prequels, hanging out with my wife, going to church, working out, writing music, producing music, watching movies, going for long walks (with wife), hanging out with friends.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:00 PM

Guest, show yourself!!!! Dont hide behind the dreaded Guest moniker.

anyways, I can consider myself a special edition basher, but for some reason I want to see these changes. Why you ask? I'm not quite sure myself. But I guess it would have to be morbid curiosity, if anything. That new footage of Hayden Christiansen's face being photoshoped in ROTJ is actually so bad, that it makes me laugh. The faces he puts on are priceless! He does this quasi-smile thing then instantly goes into a serious glare. Acting 101 from Hayden.

#13 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:05 PM

Despondent and all others interested,
here is the infamous Vader/ Palpatine redo.
Palpy's new rant

and here is Boba Fett's newfound accent

Boba down under

This post has been edited by Esco: 29 July 2004 - 02:05 PM

#14 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, we have a new enemy all right. Wait. No, it's the same enemy.

thanks for the links. If Palpy tells vader about Luke, I guess the screen crawl where vader is looking for Luke will be changed too. Damn Fool.

#15 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Esco @ Jul 29 2004, 08:05 PM)
Despondent and all others interested,
here is the infamous Vader/ Palpatine redo.
Palpy's new rant

and here is Boba Fett's newfound accent

Boba down under

Those were hideous. And the video... Anakin's cheesy grin... aaaargh! yell.gif

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size