Chefelf.com Night Life: P. Diddy unveils diamond-encrusted iPod+hp - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (4 Pages)
  • +

P. Diddy unveils diamond-encrusted iPod+hp Tuesday, August 31, 2004

#31 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:45 AM

No, it's a great word: truly evocative. They're wild cats, on the prowl, etc.

Now for the connotations: Cougars are not women from 30 - 50 dating significantly younger men. Cougars are *hot* women from 30 - 50 dating significantly younger men. They are lively, they are career-oriented, they are more than the men deserve. They are not looking for a commitment, which is what attracts the men, and they are not timid about sex, which doesn't hurt, either.

Mrs Robinson throught the first act of THE GRADUATE is a Cougar. Mrs Robinson in the third act is an older woman.

Now for the scolding: Jordan, say what? You chasing Cougars, G? Fool, them bitches be MY age! Tore up!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#32 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:41 PM

I too think cougar is a great term, for all the reasons outlined by Civil. MILF is too American Pie and stupid since it only makes sense if the lady has kids.

I don't hit on women in there +30's. Maybe once in a blue moon. It's expensive you know, going to restaurants to drink. Roxy is a good night club for that though. They play a lot of 80's music which attracts the older crowd.

Usually older women who hang out at Night Clubs are real whores. My buddy took one home with him after a night out at the Cellar. She was all over him from the get go.

She was some 4'11 thai lady. Long nails and long hair. She freaked me out with her tight tight tigh jeans. I was afraid a button would snap off and take my eye out.

My friend told me that she drove them to Stanley Park and did it in the ride. That's dirty. This is the same guy who screwed a marry women. I then told him he had aids. He freaked out! I scared the shit out of him, so he got tested and nada. Good times.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#33 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:58 PM

I think Cougars is a hilarious term, but here's my beef: Jordan, if the women hanging out at these clubs are "real whores," what are the guys who hang out there looking for the exact same thing?

#34 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:24 PM

I think Jordan needs to watch a little Bliss. That would put him better in touch with his feminine side and get him to sympathize with the natural yearnings of "cougars".
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#35 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

You did not understand me, Jen.

Cougars who hang out at night clubs designed for people in their early 20's are the whores, majority of the time.

I don't know how night clubs work in the states, but here most of them cater to people 19-26 years of age.

Some clubs, like the Roxy, cater to older crowds. Usually depends on what type of music is played.

From my experience, when older women (or men) hang out at young peoples clubs- they do it for a reason. And that reason is not to dance, get drunk, or socialize.

I find that the older crowds (30+) hang out at lounges and restaurants. Night clubs in Vancouver are seen as younger persons hang out.

I base this all on qualitative evidence. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

Note: I'm not a bar star. I can't even recall when I last went. But last summer I was the king of clubbing. I realized I had a problem when bouncers started to know my name.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 03 September 2004 - 01:37 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#36 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:40 PM

That would put him better in touch with his feminine side and get him to sympathize with the natural yearnings of "cougars".

Hey, If I was an older lady I'd be flattered if some young buck called me a cougar. I don't see them as sex objects. Far from it. I see them as out going women which happen to age very very well.

#37 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:00 PM

Jordan -- I think I do understand you, and I think you said it very well when you said, "From my experience, when older women (or men) hang out at young peoples clubs- they do it for a reason. And that reason is not to dance, get drunk, or socialize." I agree with you! I think a lot of men AND women go to bars and nightclubs to pick someone up. I just think it's disingenous to single those women out as "whores,", as if they were doing dances in scarlet veils outside the temple ...

#38 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:06 PM

Older men at young people spots are whores too. Not always but most of the time. Maybe whore is not the greatest term. They are looking for action with youngins. What's that called?

This post has been edited by Jordan: 03 September 2004 - 02:07 PM

#39 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:59 AM

I thought the whole idea of clubbing was based about hooking in.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#40 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 4 2004, 03:06 AM)
Older men at young people spots are whores too. Not always but most of the time. Maybe whore is not the greatest term. They are looking for action with youngins. What's that called?

Michael Jackson.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#41 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 3 2004, 01:31 PM)
From my experience, when older women (or men) hang out at young peoples clubs- they do it for a reason. And that reason is not to dance, get drunk, or socialize.

I find that the older crowds (30+) hang out at lounges and restaurants. Night clubs in Vancouver are seen as younger persons hang out.

You got that right. Except for the bit about how older folks don't want to dance or get drunk or socialize. They want to do those things, sure. They also want to have sex with the younger people. It's sad, too, since the younger people are generally clods who like crappy music and who don't know how to drink. these older folks seem to get the idea that by acting all smoove they'll suddenly be young again. It's like they actually believe that those were the best days of their lives.

As for me, I wouldn't go into a night club in Vancouver if it were my job.* I'd rather meet my friends in a restaurant, and like you say, it's not a bad place to meet other people your own age, assuming you're in your thirties.

One thing you don't have right, Jordan, is your turn-about. Come on! You think older women chasing young guys are whores! You spoke very disparagingly of AIDS Mary, the Thai b-mo' who went home with your friend. Didn't sound like you hold her in the same category with Michael Douglas and Jack Nicholson. Jen calls you out on it, and you switch from sanctimonious to liberal. Why bother?

PS: She's only a cougar if you think she's hot, remember. Sharon Stone was a cougar when she went after Leonardo di Caprio. If you call her a whore you probably don't think she's hot.

*Like, let's say I had to travel back in time and kill a young woman before she had a baby who would grow up to kill me, if I saw her duck into a club I'd wait out on the street for her to leave, rather than to go in and try to find her her among a bunch of drunk undergrads trying to be clever, and then come out smelling like smoke. Never you mind.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#42 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:58 AM

One thing you don't have right, Jordan, is your turn-about. Come on! You think older women chasing young guys are whores! You spoke very disparagingly of AIDS Mary, the Thai b-mo' who went home with your friend. Didn't sound like you hold her in the same category with Michael Douglas and Jack Nicholson. Jen calls you out on it, and you switch from sanctimonious to liberal. Why bother?

I thought Jen was upset over the 'whore' remark towards older women. I then told her that men can be whores too. Which is true.

The Thai b-mo looked like a hooker. She had long nails, tight tight jeans, lots of make up. She struck me as a very shaddy women. She slept with my friend on two occasions. Once in a car in stanely park, and once at her apartment with another girl.

If I had sex with her, I'd probably consider getting tested for AIDS too. I think you would as well.

#43 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:00 PM

If you call her a whore you probably don't think she's hot

She had a scary sexual appeal. Even though she stood 4'11, roughly.

#44 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:16 PM

Didn't sound like you hold her in the same category with Michael Douglas and Jack Nicholson.

Bloody hell you people are so cut and dry here "if she is a whore than Michael Nicholson and hollywood blah blah are whores too". For the most part the older women I see sharking about in clubs I attend are whores.

I think guy's lurking about in clubs trying to get laid are whores too. ALl my pals fall in that category. It's not offensive to them, they don't care. They actually like being called man-whores.

I regret bringing it up. People read my comments in a way I never would imagine.

#45 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:39 PM

We are humans, ergo we are stupid.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size