Chefelf.com Night Life: What IS the legal driving age on Tatooine? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

What IS the legal driving age on Tatooine? yet another problem...

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:07 PM

I was at work doing what I always do at work (thinking of reasons to hate the prequels and wishing I had the courage to ask for a raise) and I realized many problems with the pod races.

How did Anakin get registered to compete? He only flew before once and in that race he didnt have a Jedi to help get him registered.

Are the Jedi at all bothered about sending a child into the jaws of likely death?

Is his mother?

Is Watto (supposedly his owner)?

Does Jabba the Hutt have any decency?

"Booota! Shot in the new racers!"

"Well Jabba, we have here a six year old kid, a guy with one arm, some alien with no eyes and a shrubbery."

"Perfect! This will be the best race ever!"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:25 AM

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I'll see what I can dig up from my memory. I read once that Tatooine is in a state of fair 'anarchy' meaning that there isn't any real government or laws or regulation. I'm sure that the Hutts do try to maintain order to some degree, but I don' think they're all that hot on the matter.

Anyhow, they did say once in a Star Wars trivia book that Anakin would normally have been debarred from entering the race on any 'civilized' planet, but Tatooine allows more or less anybody to get in the race. That's what I read anyway.

As for Jabba having any decency... lemme say this: you got yourself a massive slug creature that owns slaves, throws rare screaming bugs to their dead to supress his boredom, throws non-compliant dancing girls to be eaten by a giant monster, eats live frog things for snacks... do you think this gross load of turd even cares about the lives of some pod racers?

Also, Anakin DID enter several races before. They more or less implied it when they spoke about the matter... only that Anakin never even FINISHED a race before, let alone win! What kind of fool would bet everything on that?

#3 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 05 September 2004 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, you don't get the impression that child protection laws are particularly stringent on Tatooine. Which is what you'd expect from a planet where slavery and other organised crime is rampant.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#4 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:27 AM

yes, quite. its a nasty old place to be sure. and fancy not even having a decent bureau de change!

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:47 PM

Even in the lack of decency mentioned in Jabba it still dosnt account for Watto saying "Here, have thins insanely expensive piece of equipment." Oh, that's right, he built it... or something... Well I guess that answers all my questions.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#6 User is offline   Xombie Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:43 AM

SIX YEAR OLD:"Mommy, I met a couple of men who have been really nice to me and who keep telling me I'm really special. Can I go away weith them forever?"

CRACK-ADDICTED MOTHER:"If that's what you want."

SYO: "YIPPPEEEE!....oh, and can I race a car in the Indianapolis 500 so they can make money by betting on me?"

CAM:"If that's what you want."

SYO:"YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!"

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size