Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

FORCEROIDS metabolicichlorines

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Post icon  Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:33 PM

a thought occurs...

if i were living in the star wars galaxy, given the technology available, including cloneing and such...

I would just hunt down people with a halfway decent medichorine count and extact it from them and add it to my own, increasing my count. i would keep doing this then slowly go after bigger and bigger targets...

infact all the bad guys could do this...

i know what you're thinking... (no, you shut up - i do)
but, if that were possible, woouldn't people be already doing that

no, beacuse everyone in the starwars universe about the time of the PT are dumb, and unresorcefull. and everyone of the OT period seem to have forgotten that MCs exist...

--------------------

hmmmmmmmm..........

maybe that's how anikan was conceived... a turkey baister full of MCs.

...just a thought

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:55 PM

I brought up that point before. The Midichlorians aren't even part of the people, they're little microbes so it would be way easy to transfer them. And given cloning technology it would be possible to just make a fuckton of them anyhow.

But no, that would be stupid because then anyone could become a Jedi. Who would think of such a crack assed idea.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:40 AM

I liked it better when 'The Force' was mystical and magical. This whole mediclorean crap is just plain stupid.

#4 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:57 AM

I agree 100%. However, if there were midichlorians, then I'd be all for Barend's idea of exploiting this fact.

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, like the evil queen did to steal Ariel's virtuous voice in the Little Mermaid cartoon. If it wasn't a musical, I guess that plot point wouldn't matter?

#6 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 31 August 2004 - 02:49 PM

I think even most fans of the Prequels agree that 'Midichlorians' is one of the worst ideas in the entire Star Wars series (and that's saying a lot). Apart from the fact that it totally destroys the whole ethereal, 'mystical' aspect of the Force, it also raises all the practical questions that people have mentioned. Are Jedi allowed to give blood? If someone gets a blood transfusion from a Jedi, do they become Force-sensitive, and does it last?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#7 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Aug 31 2004, 02:49 PM)
I think even most fans of the Prequels agree that 'Midichlorians' is one of the worst ideas in the entire Star Wars series (and that's saying a lot). Apart from the fact that it totally destroys the whole ethereal, 'mystical' aspect of the Force, it also raises all the practical questions that people have mentioned. Are Jedi allowed to give blood? If someone gets a blood transfusion from a Jedi, do they become Force-sensitive, and does it last?

That's a very good point. I never thought of that. I just hated midichlorians from the moment they were mentioned but they do present a number of insane problems.
What about this one: Would beings in the Star Wars galaxy mate selectively to produce progeny with high midichlorian counts? Since you can measure it with a simple blood test.... "Oh gee, I'm sorry Bob, you just don't measure up." "Poodooo!!!" biggrin.gif

#8 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:39 PM

While we're on the subject, how come everyone in the Star Wars universe doesn't sit around eating grass? Presumably the technology exists to make everyone in the galaxy capable of holding the microbes in their stomach that help digest cellulose, so why doesn't everyone just go for it?

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:11 PM

got milk?

i felt sick to my stomach when the medievalchlorines were first mentioned... the magic just died right there!

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Aug 31 2004, 09:11 PM)
when the medievalchlorines were first mentioned... the magic just died right there!

Yup. I believe we ALL share that common denominator. sad.gif

#11 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:39 AM

i remember a 60 plus page argument on theforce.net`s TPM board about this just after the film was released. i dont love the concept of them myself, no. the scene where Qui explains them to Anakin is horrible.

#12 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:58 AM

My God, Jariten! ohmy.gif WE AGREE ON SOMETHING! smile.gif

#13 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:08 PM

Yup. I believe we ALL share that common denominator.

When I first saw it, I just didn't accept it. It was all so lame, so stupid that I couldn't concieve just how a bunch of microrganisms could give someone mystical powers.

#14 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:39 PM

I remember reading a joke somewhere about how 'May the Force be with you' should be changed to 'May your midichlorian count be high'. biggrin.gif

Whilst we're on the subject of midichlorians, how about Anakin's 'virgin birth'? Yet another thing that makes me want to scream and throw things whenever I think about it. So now the Force can impregnate people? It's an almost offensively blatant reference to Christianity, which seems all the more out of place in the context of the Jedi's quasi-Buddhist philosophy.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#15 User is offline   Lefty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:26 PM

Empire Strikes Back revisited:

BEFORE:

Yoda: "Luminous beings are we, not these crude hunks of flesh."

AFTER medaclorian-necessitated revision:

Yoda: "There are little things in your cells; they give you super powers."

• (3 Pages)