• (5 Pages)
  • +

Dream a little dream of you, apparently

#31 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

The last dream I can clearly remember involved me meeting Seanbaby outside a gas station in a hicktown. Then I took a picture with him and he did that pose he did in that picture with Mr. T. Quite odd.

#32 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:10 AM

I liked Barends comment about dreams being a way to test how you would react in a given situation. I remember I had a dream wherein I had a gun pointed at the villan, and said don't move or I'll shoot. He moved, I shot. It's nice to know that about myself.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#33 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:20 AM

Official Notice to Chefelf Forum Members: Please don't take this the wrong way, but get the hell out of my dreams!

Last night I had the dream about avatars AGAIN, except this time it was just the avatars representing the Australian posters. You're all lovely, but invading my REM sleep is starting to freak me out!

(I totally used to have dreams about being forced to drive the car when I was a little kid. It always scared the crap out of me.)

#34 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:26 AM

Sorry for disturbing your sleep.

I tend to still have bad dreams about driving, except now that I can drive, I find that the car doesn't respond to my movements.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#35 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:45 AM

The earliest nightmare I can remember is that I was sitting in the kitchen, minding my own business, when a giant lobster with a butterknife starts trying to kill me. It was terrifying.

If dreams really did have hidden meanings, I wonder what THAT dream meant! ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 23 August 2004 - 09:46 AM

#36 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:52 AM

Just saw this -

Official Notice to Chefelf Forum Members: Please don't take this the wrong way, but get the hell out of my dreams!

Last night I had the dream about avatars AGAIN, except this time it was just the avatars representing the Australian posters. You're all lovely, but invading my REM sleep is starting to freak me out!

I the behalf of my country, of which I am secretly the real leader, I'd like to offer this sincere apology*. Sorry, Jen. wink.gif

And to my fellow Australians...

First, Chefelf's forums..
next, Jen's dreams...
And then, the world!

*which you'd never hear from that silly man who thinks he's in charge.

#37 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:33 AM

I think I actually had Heccubus in part of my dream last night. I was watching something in a movie theater, and when I looked to my left there he was sitting just a few seats away...at least I think it was...I've only seen the couple of pictures of him posted here, but it looked damn close! Also, in case you're wondering, I don't know what the movie was, all I know is that there was a preview for something with Bruce Campbell in it. It was...odd. blink.gif

The rest of it is a much stranger; it involved a big bridge near where I live, having to walk across it, the bridge suddenly becoming extraordinarily steep and then having to climb it (with much difficulty) like a ladder with a whole bunch of indistinguishable people behind me (and also helping me now and then so that I wouldn't fall from the now-deadly height), then sliding down from the top like it was one big sliding board. Only, once I got to the bottom I was slung into the air, and there were these weird, partially built stilt-like things that I had to grab onto before I landed in the bayou - which had then suddenly turned to sand under where I was hanging from. I don't think I remember anything after that. All I know is that in it, much like in a few other dreams I've had, I'm trying to reach my house, but I have to cross one of the bridges around my town to get there. Then sometimes there's a place where the bridge breaks off and I have to find some other way to cross the dirty, alligator and snake infested bayou.

On a side note: Holy shit! I remembered most of a dream! Sure, it wasn't a story dream, but still!
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#38 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:32 PM

I had a dream about playing this game supposidly about Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but it had absolutly nothing to do with the movie. It was really cool though, I remember being King Arthur fighting asteroids on the Moon with flaming arrows.

#39 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:38 PM

I have to ask... was Sime the Green Knight in it?

#40 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:37 PM

a few quick points...

1. in jens dreams.... first we get the sugar, then we get the money, then we get the (k)women.

2. am i the only one whos had dreams with opening and closing credits.

#41 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:13 PM

i have dreams every few years about Aliens™ and Jurassic Park™. Dunno why. Very favorite movies but they both at one point terrified me. Maybe that's why. Aliens terrifed me the first time I watched it. When I saw Jurassic park, I was young and there was a man that looked exactly like Wayne Knight sitting behind me in teh theatre. That in itself was freaky.

I've also had some really weird dreams that seem to be a jumble of crap I've collected over the years, regurgiated back into recent memory. Had one when I was young about visiting relatives (whom I didn't recognize). There was a Gremlin™ there playing with what I would assume was a cousin. They were sticking their tongues out at each other. Then they were opening their mouths as wide as they could. The girl then somehow inverted herself inside out and turned into another gremlin, much to teh delight of everyone watching. My mother was washing dishes and seemed oblivious to it. This was when I was 3 or 4. About two or three years ago, I had a dream where I was in some sort of counter-terrorist/swat team. We were clearing out some sort of irish castle from a group of ninjas or some such. I was shot in the face where my right tear duct is, leaving a nice clean hole into my skull. My best friend and his mother were in the area so they gave me a ride to the hospital in their van. So we go there, all the while I'm fingering this perfectly round wound in my face. The doctor says it's healing fine. So i resume the wound fingering as we all head to the middle of the hospital which has a large arena built into it (im still in a kevlar vest and carrying an M16). We sit and watch as the patients in walkers and wheelchairs battle it out to teh death down below. For teh next day after I woke up, I SWORE i felt something weird where I had been shot in my dream. Prolly psyhcosomatic.

#42 User is offline   Little princess Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:55 PM

Not long ago I had a dream about someone I'd detested for years, someone stupid and ignorant and a bully. In the dream I'm in one of those public toilets you get in parks, dirty and smelly, with a broken door that won't lock. I hear 2 people outside, talking and I'm scared they might open the door, so I'm pulling up my pants as fast as I can and trying not to make any noise. I realise they are talking about this man, who I had previously (in the dream) had a terrific fight with, telling him exactly what he was and how I hated him. These voices were saying that he'd been discovered dead, hanging from a tree, that it looked suspicious etc.
After a while they left and I crept out, it was almost darkand I knew I had to get away in case people thought I'd made him do it and they would have to know what I'd said to him and why. I started to climb up this hill and it got steeper and steeper until it was almost vertical, and I had no idea where I was going.

I'd love to know what it means.

#43 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:13 AM

ok so last night im in a prison, being bullied by that guy who was a corperal in Starship Troopers but demoted himself and caught the brain bug at the end.

im trying to escape by using a spoon to dig through a hole in the wall behind the mirror in my room a la shawshank redemption.

im outside in the courtyard and all the prisoners have to for 'games'. in order to get there though you have to run up this steep slope. it gets steeper and steeper though, until the end its a sheer cliff face. a kid next to me falls off. i make it to the top, but i cant pull myself up.

a piece of paper comes into my dream, which says "of all the prisoners, only 2.5% failed to make it"

#44 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:02 AM

the other night i had a dream that the ethnic comunity had gathered together once and for all to wipeout/enslave the 'white overlords' and were running around in large lynchmob groups with pitchforks and flaming torches and such... and i had fallen asleep in my lounge room with the front door open waking up on the floor just as people entered my house... (amazingly my loungeroom in the dream was exactly geographically accurate) so i reached for my united cutlery copy of narsil and fought some tubby laosian guy with a trident, untill some mexican guy turned the light on and decided that my skin was tanned enough to live. they moved me to some wierd furistic compound/community and moved me in next door to some naked english girl...

nobody died, i didn't go near the naked girl (although our common wall had a big window), and the whole genocide thing seemed really unconfirmed outside being an excuse to move me into the complex...

not the wierdest dream i've had... but almost contraversial.

#45 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:16 AM

Last night I dreamt I went to a Chefelf Convention. It was held in a small room, a lot of you were present, and I was wearing my pyjamas, and shoes. Then somebody made me take a test on Chefelf trivia. I can't remember anything more specific then that.

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size