• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Dream a little dream of you, apparently

#1 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:44 AM

So after staying up until the wee hours painting my living room wall with my roommate, I tumbled my weary self into bed for a refreshing sleep ... A sleep that was filled with dreams populated by various members of the chefelf forums, as represented by their avatars. Don't remember what happened, don't remember who ... The combination of acrylic paint fumes and internet access is a dangerous thing!

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:59 AM

As long as it wasn't scary (being attacked by miscellaneous forum avatars could very well be).

I guess that was bound to happen with the recent surge of people posting avatar-based comics and the such.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:08 AM

No, it wasn't scary at all! Odd, yes -- all the people in my dream were represented exactly as they are on the forums, which is to say, as two-dimensional perfect squares with slightly distorted aspect ratios. So, the fact that little square faces kept talking to me was weird, but they were all really nice about it!

So thank you, Forum members, for being so civil and friendly in the board context that you remained that way in my subconscious!

#4 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:36 AM

Were there two Whoppers in your dream?

#5 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:16 AM

That is freaky. But dreams really can be like that sometimes.

#6 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

Whoppers galore! It was a little freaky, I have to admit.

#7 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:23 PM

So...was I represented by the Smileygram? Because I can see communicating with an enormous smiling pentagram being somewhat disturbing.

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:40 PM

That's hilarious! Only if you could control your sub-concious, I'd like to know what happened in the dream.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#9 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:I love playing baseball, fishing, spending work day ripping on the SW prequels, hanging out with my wife, going to church, working out, writing music, producing music, watching movies, going for long walks (with wife), hanging out with friends.

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:18 PM

The million dollar question in my opinion, would be: was Jordan a man or
Kate Hudson in your dream, Jen?

#10 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

If ONLY I could remember any details about the dream! I'm sure they would be as salacious (b. crumb) and/or Freudian as anyone could hope. But alas, I don't remember what avatars I saw, nor do I remember why I saw them or what they were doing. I just awoke with an unsettling feeling of, "Hey, I was totally just dreaming about a world populated by Chefelf Forum people, as represented by their avatars! Weird!"

You all know the feeling I'm talking about.

#11 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I awoke from a dream the other night, and all I know was that it involved ghosts in some manner. It wasn't a nightmare (I like ghosts), but all I could remember was that ghosts were involved in some way, shape or form. And a picnic. I distinctly remember a picnic.

#12 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:53 AM

On the other hand, I can remember exactly what happened in a dream last week, but if I actually told you anymore than it involved tents and my aunt's back garden, you'll think me single and very, very desperate... dry.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:50 AM

Dreams can be truly messed up things. I often find that in dreams, locations that are nowhere near each other in real life are mixed and spliced together. I've had a chat with Joseph Stalin in one dream - he was in black and white while the train we were on was in full colour... because I've only seen black and white pictures of him. He was a lot nicer in the dream than he was in real life for some strange reason.

In one dream, I had a very heated argument with a librarian because in this dream, I was angry that the library didn't sell batteries... BATTERIES, I TELL YOU!
Unbelievable...

I had another dream where I had to go back to high school and in this dream, I basically went through one day of high school. It was horrible... and it felt so real that when I woke up, I thought I was going into my second day of repeating high school. After a few seconds of being conscious however, I suddenly realised that it had just been a dream. I was estatic!

#14 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:49 AM

I had this dream once where I was on the top level of a city, and to get to the center you had to walk across a tightrope to an island suspended in the center. I was freaking out(the drop was huge)and couldn't bring myself to do it. Which I thought was strange, because I knew I'd done it before but couldn't remember the details. Two days later I burst out laughing when I finally remembered that I hadn't indeed done it before, but in the dream I was getting the city confused with the Goron City in Ocarina of Time.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#15 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

Heh. I have a terrible ear ache, so last night I took some of dad's happy pills from when he broke his arm so I could sleep. I remember all of my dreams. The first was about Reiner, the second about a hot vampire guy who was trying to breka into a hotel room I was in and eat me, and the last...I was an angsty goth whining because my mum wouldn't let me pierce my lip. The last one was definately the most disturbing. blink.gif
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size