Chefelf.com Night Life: Much Love For Chefelf Here - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Much Love For Chefelf Here When AOTC lovers attack!

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:43 AM

True, but the only prequel lovers we've had here are unintelligent idiots who just sling a string of obscenities at us and leave. I don't have the time of day for that.

It's interesting, isn't it? I wonder if our family-oriented Lucas would like the fact that he's generated an enormous world-wide community of extremely shallow people with filthy mouths who can't even string a comprehensible sentence together. Because from everything I've seen, that is his fan base.

#17 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:52 AM

I don't know, seeing as how just about all the prequel lovers' age seems to consist of a single digit, it seems Lucas is pretty family oriented.

#18 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:54 AM

Then what kind of family values is he promoting exactly? wink.gif

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:00 AM

Unfortunatly not chips, for chips are good.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Aug 18 2004, 11:43 AM)
It's interesting, isn't it? I wonder if our family-oriented Lucas would like the fact that he's generated an enormous world-wide community of extremely shallow people with filthy mouths who can't even string a comprehensible sentence together. Because from everything I've seen, that is his fan base.

Well, the same can be said of many groups. Certainly Lucas can't be blamed for people reacting that way. People just tend to resort to mudslinging when people don't share there opinions. It's unfortunate. I have gotten a few Prequel fan emails that were actually really well worded and had great arguments. I totally respect thsoe people. Unfortunately the vast majority (probably 95%) of the objection emails I got consisted of nothing by obsenities and personal attacks. Pretty weak.

As for that post... I've registered for that forum but my validation email never came. I sent for a password verfication email and that hasn't come either (it's been about 4 hours). I wonder what the deal is. I'd like to talk with these people. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#21 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:52 PM

Hey listen, I will admit, I'm one of those who sent an email to Chef saying I disagreed with some of his reasons. I used to, and still do, to a lesser extent, enjoy Episode II, and I can even sit through Episode I on TV. I do not think these are the worst movies ever made. But I also accept most of Chef's reasons, because hey, they're true! So much of the stuff in the prequels is crap, and he points it out, and I totally agree with him. So, what I do when I watch the prequels is just watch the stuff for what it is. I watch the Jango-Obi-Wan fight as just that, a fight, with no emotional impact, but with just cool music and some cool effects. Same goes for the arena battle. The only scene I can say is really good in either of the prequels is the end of Episode II, I still love that scene, even though I really have grown to find the rest of the movie ridiculous. But I originally disagreed with Chef, and he invited me here because I did it intelligently (and also because I really didn't like Episode I).

Another thing, a person's first reaction when seeing lists like this will be to call the guy an idiot, because he's really intruding on their territory, and their love. When I read 50 reasons Why ROTJ sucks, that's basically what I thought. But after that, I went back and read each reason, and I understand him. He's not an idiot, many of his points are valid. And I've grown to respect him, though I still strongly disagree with him, and now when I read his Reasons, I can laugh (because they are well-written) and admit many of the movie's faults while still loving it. I don't see why other people can't grow and do the same.

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:28 PM

Where are all the intelligent Prequel fans?

hanging out with the enviromentally concious petrolium company CEOs, the republicans who believe in freedom of speech, and mechanics who din't find 3 other things wrong with your car during a tire change.

#23 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:19 AM

Hey, Vwing, congrats on your new avatar! Welcome to the LOTR avatar club smile.gif

And coming back to the Prequel fans. I was once thinking of writing a post about it. My reason was pretty lame, so I decided not to do it, but I might as well chip in to this discussion.

It is just because I saw a film called Dirty Dancing 2. Now, you do remember that 80s flick with Partick Swayze that everyone was crazy about? And everyone I knew, who watched DD1 slammed DD2 and called it names. It is all because they loved DD1 so much. I never saw DD1 and therefore despite the cheesy dialogues and horrible plot (or the lack of it), idiotic conclusion and the sheer silliness of the whole stuff I enjoyed DD2. I loved the dancing, and I sort of fancied the guy and the girl was nice.

And I thought, perhaps that is what is wrong with me - I lack the freshness of the first viewing in case of SW. I compare it with the original, and it will never live up to that. And come on- what is the most important thing for Lucas in it - CGI of course. So he makes a film with breathtaking CGI and those who hadn't seen OT go wow! Just like in DD1 - it was the dancing that was the most important factor, not the plot.

But as I said - my perception is tainted, I will never enjoy Prequels (I never had, so I was with Chefelf from the very beginning. In fact, I found his site beucase I was running a search on "Hate The Phantom Manace", to see if any other people thought alike about this flick). But it dawned on me that other people can - although I will never understand how.

#24 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:25 AM

Wow! I did the same thing. I couldn't stand all the praise that was being heaped on this rubbish and the insane number of people I met (and argued with) who thought these things were fantastic.

One can only hear someone say that Attack of the Clones is better than The Empire Strikes Back so many times before completely losing it.

I had to know there were other sane people at there and that's when I started looking for things on the internet.

Words cannot describe the blessed relief I had when I found Chefelf's reasons...

#25 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:19 AM

Vwing, I'm glad you emailed me and glad that your viewpoint is seen here on the Forums. You've always had good input on all available sujects. smile.gif

JYAMG, I'm glad the list helped... I get that a lot. wink.gif

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#26 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:I love playing baseball, fishing, spending work day ripping on the SW prequels, hanging out with my wife, going to church, working out, writing music, producing music, watching movies, going for long walks (with wife), hanging out with friends.

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:37 AM

Chefelf, I can definitely see why people might find your lists therapeutic.
I do.

#27 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:48 PM

Vwing, thanks for posting there... I've been TRYING to sign up but my validation emails and password requests never come. Anyone know how to contact the admin? I've tried looking through the FAQ, etc. but can't really find any info. sad.gif

#28 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:54 PM

I finally read it. Parts of it, anyway.
L. O. L.

#29 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:26 AM

Well... I hope some of them mosey on over here. I'm always game for some good healthy debate on the subject. I think this Star Wars forum has some of the best, most focused Star Wars discussion on the Internet. The only thing it lacks is input from those people who really enjoyed the Prequels. The only posts we've really gotten on that subject were when we had guest posting enabled and people would occassionally just flame me or others using random strings of four letter words.

i know what you mean, i find flames and close minded "youre an idiot" type bashes pointless to the extreme. i actually came over from theforce.net (thanks to vwing). there are some good debates over there, but also a lot of 'who would win in a fight between darth maul and superman?' type crap. i like it though. the atmosphere over here is certainly different though, no 'im right your wrong' types. anyway, i thought id come over here and argue from the other side, even if it is against hopeless odds!

#30 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Aug 21 2004, 09:26 AM)
i know what you mean, i find flames and close minded "youre an idiot" type bashes pointless to the extreme. i actually came over from theforce.net (thanks to vwing). there are some good debates over there, but also a lot of 'who would win in a fight between darth maul and superman?' type crap. i like it though. the atmosphere over here is certainly different though, no 'im right your wrong' types. anyway, i thought id come over here and argue from the other side, even if it is against hopeless odds!

I appreciate your courage, certainly. cool.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size