• +

F Scott Fitzgerald nude photos of

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:50 AM

Ah I love a good misleading description. Actually I was just wondering if anyone else likes his work. I've been trying to read it and his novels seem to come down to two themes: Egotism and over-description. I'm really trying to enjoy the writings of the lost generation but I don't know if I properly understand Hemmingway and Fitzgerald. Maybe Woolf and Pound and Stein will make sense to me.

By the way isn't it time there was a forum for book discussion?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:52 AM

Haven't read them myself, and I don't have the time to at the moment, sorry.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#3 User is offline   carlmarksguy Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Location:SKEZZY THE CLAIM-SGUMPING CLAM LIVES IN WATER! SILLY! SUN OF BICH!
  • Interests:Baroque music. Raccoco Internal Decorum. NINTENDO FUMTHER MUCKING ETNERTANMENT SYSTEM! (In any order).

Post icon  Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:58 AM

I'M HERE TO UN-DECEP[T THE MESSEGE SUBJECTLINE
LameComics.com ...NOT EVEN JUST A CLEVER NAME!

Featuring Fight Fighter II and Seamonster and Overweight Martian

#4 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:47 PM

More like

!

#5 User is offline   carlmarksguy Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Location:SKEZZY THE CLAIM-SGUMPING CLAM LIVES IN WATER! SILLY! SUN OF BICH!
  • Interests:Baroque music. Raccoco Internal Decorum. NINTENDO FUMTHER MUCKING ETNERTANMENT SYSTEM! (In any order).

Post icon  Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:11 PM

TWO NAKED F SCOTT FITZGERALDS IN DISCUSSION
LameComics.com ...NOT EVEN JUST A CLEVER NAME!

Featuring Fight Fighter II and Seamonster and Overweight Martian

#6 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:10 PM

Well that cinches it, Lanceandeskimo is now the only place on the internet for nude photos of F Scott Fitzgerald... I think we should start sending out emails, preferably in badly translated english.

WWW.LANCEANDESKIMO.COM

TOTALLY NAKED photos are of F SCOTT FITZGERALD! Barely legal!

SEE America's greatest writer in way YOU never think POSSIBLE.

"I cant not  believe he can do two at once!!!"

Why going anywhere else when you can see TOTALLY NAKED F SCOTT FITZGERALD photos of right here? WWW.LANCEANDESKIMO.COM

IS TOTALLY FREE!

Many naked F Scott Fitzgerald site say they free are. But we TRULY and REALLY free.

You tell your friends!

But seriously, we need a literary discussion forum and I need to know just what people see in this guy. Other then the nude photos of course.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#7 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:54 AM

I'm going to conjecture that nobody will argue with you about how he's good because nobody here has read him. Oh, sure, we've all "read" the Great Gatsby, but in a sort of skimming, "I think there's an eye in it" kind of way.

Personally, when I want to know what the damn hell a writer was talking about (and I never ever know, since I take everything written at face value, and don't understand symbolism), I go to sparknotes.com.

#8 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:10 PM

It's not so much what he was talking about, it's what he was writing about. All his books are about rich arrogant people who have scarcely any emotions and absolutely no point to their life. I am currently in the middle of This side of Paradise (and I also tried to read Tender is the Night) and I can predict the courses both books will take. Amory is going to flirt with a lot of women and whine about how life is so dreadful. The woman in Tender is the Night will do the same only with males. Neither will exhibit even a hint of redeeming quality or enough evil to be at all interesting.

It's like reading two novels about Haydyn Christian!!!

Virginia Woolf is the same way. I read two chapters of "Mrs. Dalloway" and I still have no clue what the book was about. All I've gathered is that Septimus may or may not be an important character who is insane and that Mrs. Dalloway is old and thought she saw the queen one day. This does not a good narrative make. Hemingways work I can understand but he writes as if he's reporting on events that happened a few days ago in a far off place. I could read the newspaper if I wanted that.

If I don't find anything of interest in This side of Paradise soon I'm going to trade it in for some decent writing, like Yeats or Wilde or Dickens

#9 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:03 AM

It's not so much what he was talking about, it's what he was writing about.

Oh, you KNOW what I mean. It's not like I've attended dinner parties with Virginia Woolf or anything.

#10 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:38 AM

I have. She stole my seat, the bitch :angry:
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#11 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:57 PM

That sentence came out rather poorly. I liked his writing very well and it's understandable but the problem is he's not writing about anything particularly interesting. Of course that's forgivable, style over substance and all. Still, if you get a chance you can read Mrs. Dalloway online and you really should try. I'm well into chapter two and all I can gather is that Mrs. Dalloway thinks she saw the queen of England one day and that old Mr. Septimus might be crazy. Also, I don't much like his wife.

#12 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Aug 14 2004, 12:10 AM)
But seriously, we need a literary discussion forum and I need to know just what people see in this guy. Other then the nude photos of course.

Well, I'm not sure how much traffic it would get but if you guys really think there should be one, I'd be happy to start one up. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#13 User is offline   Antares Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Snowboarding, playing paintball, making mixtapes, kissing girls, falling down on rollerblades, reading, riding rollercoasters, hanging out at Wal-Mart, collecting DVDs, getting shot in Halo, driving my 1997 mustang, and saving for my 2005 mustang<br><br>Favorite Accusation: Punk!

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

You should read Dracula. Contrary to what Yahtzee says, it's an interesting book, if you're prepared to read something completely unlike any of the movies. There are just so many completely different characters I wonder how Bram Stoker came up with them all. It's in the format of a collection of diaries and letters, but reads like a regular narrative. I can't put it down: unsure.gif <-See? I'm reading it! This is a scary part!

#14 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:55 AM

I have never seen a Dracula movie, but I remember reading the book when I was 8 or so. I quite liked it. Glad to hear that was the actual proper book with the letters and the like. It's been so long, that I thought perhaps I had just read a smaller version for kids. I can't remember it striking me as particularly gorey, and the fact that it was in my primary school library was a bit suss.

#15 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

Yesterday, Paul, Laura, Lefty, Papa and Mama Redcloud and I had a good time with saying: "Bleuh! I vant to sock your blooood!"

Also we tried to think of where that came from, since no screen vampire has ever said it. Why does everyone know that line?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size