Chefelf.com Night Life: The Chefelf.Com Night Life 2004 Photo Album - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Chefelf.Com Night Life 2004 Photo Album

#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:40 PM

Rather than mucking up more threads with the slew of photo-posting that we seem to be going through, I think it would be nice if we could have a thread dedicated to posting photos of forum members.
A few rules:
  • The picture must contain the member posting it. No pictures of your friends, family, or pets please. Unless you're in it as well.
  • Nothing rude or offensive. As a general rule of thumb, if you think there's a chance that someone could be offended by the picture's contents, don't post it.
  • No nudies.
  • No Photoshopped/modded pictures, unless it's something small like removing red eye, covering up some unsightly blemishes, or cropping. Don't add googly eyes or vampire teeth, you know? I mean, vampire teeth rule, but....for the sake of keeping things classy, just try to keep the photos as natural as possible.
With that in mind, have fun! At the end of the year, we can all look back on this and smile. Or grimace. It all depends, really. If this goes well, we may just boot up a 2005 photo album as well.

08-15-04 EDIT (Chefelf): I've gone through and manually merged a few threads (double posts, etc.) as well as manually shrinking some of the image sizes. Hopefully I'll have a mod up and running soon so that posting oversized pics won't be too much of an issue.

Also, if you are looking to host pics check out ImageShack for all your hosting needs.

08-16-04 EDIT (Chefelf): A lot of the images getting posted are oversized, which throws off the tables in the forums. Since I'm an anal jackass, I'd like to recommend this tool to all of you before uploading your pics.

Online Image Resizer. This tool will allow you to resize and/or rotate and save your images before uploading them to a hosting service. Hopefully this will help some of you to get your pics to a better size. 500 pixels wide will fit well within this forum. They can be as tall as you'd like.

* Note: if you have an image already uploaded, you can resize it and upload it to the same location (leaving the filename exactly the same). If the filename is exactly same then the photo will automatically be resized here on the forums without having to edit your post. smile.gif

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:19 AM

what about if when we took the photo, we were intending there to be more creatures and storm troopers in the background, but didn't have the technology at the time to do it. and therefore added them in later?

tongue.gif

woops...

forgot to put in a photo...

er... random pic No1

#3 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:00 AM

Haven't tried this before, so I'm not sure if it will work. I was using this pic as an avatar awhile ago, until Jane pointed out that it looked like a hand puppet. Unfortunatly, she was quite right, so I thought I'd post the full pic to proove that it actually is me, and not a puppet.

Huzzah! It worked, but was bigger then I expected. Well, regardless, I am the green knight.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#4 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:04 AM

Okay, I may as well jump on this too. Don't want to be the only Australian to not put a picture here. This is me on what was actually a pretty hot Korean day, getting away from it all, with about two million other people. I love my home away from home.

#5 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:11 AM

That shirt is amazing, JYAMG. I want it.

There's me with my Kung Fu Hamster. He rocks the block's socks.

#6 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Aug 13 2004, 11:00 AM)
Haven't tried this before, so I'm not sure if it will work. I was using this pic as an avatar awhile ago, until Jane pointed out that it looked like a hand puppet. Unfortunatly, she was quite right, so I thought I'd post the full pic to proove that it actually is me, and not a puppet.

Huzzah! It worked, but was bigger then I expected. Well, regardless, I am the green knight.

Ah, much better view there! But I wonder, just where are the Green Knight’s trousers? rolleyes.gif
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#7 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:27 PM

How do you upload pictures like that?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#8 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:17 PM

I'll give you the address that Chyld passed onto me. It's fantastic...

Imageshack

That shirt is amazing, JYAMG. I want it.

It is, isn't it? My brothers gave me that one. I love it.

#9 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

I borrowed my mother's digital camera to try and get some of what I hoped would be semi-decent pictures of myself...then I just decided to screw that idea and took a couple shots of me pulling a couple of silly faces in my much-beloved jester hat.

I can arch each eyebrow independently and I am damn proud of it!

...yeah.

I didn't know how to set the automatic timer, so I just had to prop it up on one of my desk's shelves, rush back and pose in time for the flash (about one and a half seconds), and hope for the best.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
XD

#10 User is offline   electricprune Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Theremin playing, experimental music, cable access tv, amateur photography, indie film, hula hooping, blueberries, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, walking long distances, psychedelic music

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:33 AM

The first was taken at my cousin's wedding a few months ago. I'm wearing my uncle's top hat. The second is me in my spiffy winter coat.

#11 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Aug 15 2004, 08:22 AM)
Ah, much better view there!  But I wonder, just where are the Green Knight’s trousers?  rolleyes.gif

They were hanging low about my waist. Alocohol makes my shirt mysteriously disappear(I have no idea what happens to it, I swear), but fortunatly my pants remain with me...except for that one time...

Here is another pic from that night which shows that I was wearing pants. Theres probably better pics, but they would involve getting the CD.

The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#12 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:50 AM

...Who else is suddenly thinking of the Black Knight scene?

XD

#13 User is offline   electricprune Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Theremin playing, experimental music, cable access tv, amateur photography, indie film, hula hooping, blueberries, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, walking long distances, psychedelic music

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:52 PM

Groovy pics guys! It's cool to see you all showing a little character rather than just the run of the mill head shots. Chef, you look a lot like my cousin, especially in that crazy guitar playing one. Weird.

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (electricprune @ Aug 15 2004, 01:52 PM)
Groovy pics guys! It's cool to see you all showing a little character rather than just the run of the mill head shots. Chef, you look a lot like my cousin, especially in that crazy guitar playing one. Weird.

Maybe we're related. Is he French-Canadian. We all sorta look the same. wink.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#15 User is offline   electricprune Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Aug 15 2004, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (electricprune @ Aug 15 2004, 01:52 PM)
Groovy pics guys!  It's cool to see you all showing a little character rather than just the run of the mill head shots.  Chef, you look a lot like my cousin, especially in that crazy guitar playing one.  Weird.

Maybe we're related. Is he French-Canadian. We all sorta look the same. wink.gif

Yeah, actually he is half French-Canadian heritage wise, but resides in Eastern Connecticut. Anyhow, here's a silly pic taken in Ocean City, MD with my cousins and my uncle. My 'cuz Dan is the dude with the Rochester Cricket Club shirt. I'm wearin' the floppy beach hat. Sorry about the lo-res quality.

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked