Chefelf.com Night Life: Old Republic Ethics - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Old Republic Ethics Just what exactly are they?

#166 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2004 - 10:57 AM

Aha! Was that quote from YOU, Jordan?

I know Helena's already said it but I feel like saying it again anyway...

The Original Trilogy made out quite clearly that Anakin was once a good man. And if he wasn't, then his redemption at the end of Return of the Jedi will feel pretty silly... either that, or they'll have to change the ending.....

Vader - Ah, Luke... you silly do-gooder. Trying to save me...

Luke - But... ah... I thought.. there was some good in you...

Vader - Well you were wrong! When you catch up with her in the next life, you can tell your sister you were WRONG!

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 26 August 2004 - 10:58 AM

#167 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 11:25 AM

I guess you're right, he has to start off as a good guy. But one thing I've found out during that OT is that nothing is suprising. There are no "oh my goodness" scenes.

I thought it would be cool to show Anakin flip out and go ape over something small. It would've been shocking to see. After his mother died and he killed the village (off screen) I was not shocked at all, it's what I expected.

Maybe if he lost a game of Pazzack and cut the oppenents head off, now that would be cool.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#168 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

Jordan, Paul Bettany/Malcolm McDowell in GANGSTER NO 1 is gay.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#169 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:11 AM

Um... this forum has been real inactive during the past few days. It feels like a ghost town. Where is everybody? Where are the entertaining rants? sad.gif

#170 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:00 AM

Jordan, Paul Bettany/Malcolm McDowell in GANGSTER NO 1 is gay.

See, I knew it. They portrayed it in a real subtle way. His jealousy could have been passed off on the fact that he was a complete psyhcopath who was bothered by everything.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#171 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:06 AM

My God, I agree with jariten on something

heh heh. well, it had to happen sooner or later tongue.gif

Where are the entertaining rants?

dont worry. im currantly at work on a new thread. its called "AotC is great and anyone who disagrees can suck my gungan energy balls"

#172 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:09 AM

See you on the battlefield then.

#173 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 27 August 2004 - 10:48 AM

presumably because we need to see an uncontrolled burst of anger from anakin thats totally fueled by passion/anguish/confusion/misery/grief etc. which seems to be a hallmarl of the darkside (what Anakin does is exactly what Luke does in episode 6, what Palpatine wants him to do. Remember where Vader is on the floor begging and Luke has totally lost control), as opposed to the much much more restrained Jedi. the power that obi wan kept bottled up needed to find vent in something really explosive and im not sure anything less trivial wouldve cut it.

The problem with this outbust of anger is that we never see it. We only hearf about it through Anakin's whiny bitchfest about Obi-Wan being to blame for every damn thing!!!

Plus, the killing of a the "innocent" Sandpeople is such a copout. We never see hear or know that the Sandpeople have this family structure. Tobe honest the Sandpeople have been portrayed throughout the series as being animalistic, savages that kill and rob desert travellers. Where is the sympathy the audience is supposed to have for them. or the revulsion we are supposed to feel at Anakin.
The audience could care not a whit that a bunch of Sand people got killed!!

Why should we the audience be shocked at this outburst when Amidala doesn;'t seem to mind. i mean Amaidala treats Anakins genocide, like a wife consoling her husband ater he told his boss at work to shove it.

I think Amidala's character would be the type that would simply be shocked at abhorrent after hearing that her lover is a mass murderer. No, she simpky consoles him and tells him essentially he's only human, and that murdering innocent people is just a character flaw.

How effective can this outburst be???!!

#174 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:31 PM

Jesus, guys, this movie gets worse and worse the more I don't see it.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#175 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:27 AM

I'm more doing this for some of our more ingenius and welcome new friends (I'm casting my gaze upon you, Mad Rabbit ) So I hope the rest of you old timers don't get annoyed. I'm trying to find the best this forum has to offer and post those old topics to bring them up.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size