Chefelf.com Night Life: Slowdown in 'chatter' worries officials - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Slowdown in 'chatter' worries officials Saturday, August 7, 2004

#1 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:37 PM

Slowdown in 'chatter' worries officials
Saturday, August 7, 2004

(CNN) -- A drop in so-called "chatter" among suspected terrorists is troubling some counterterrorism officials, who noticed a reduction in intercepted communications before the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, government sources said.

Diminished communication prompted the concern because the counterterror experts don't know why suspected terrorists would be talking less. But they noted that similar reductions have happened several other times during the past few years.

http://www.cnn.com/2...wrap/index.html

Ok, actually I dont think this qualifies as crappy news since it is actually the *lack* of crappy news. I mean cmon, I remember a similar headline on CNN a couple of months ago that said "Rise in chatter worries officials".

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:27 AM

Ok, being a terrorist is just way too easy. They start talking more and people piss their pants. They start talking less and people shit their pants. The only thing they havn't done is to try to keep the chatter level constant and see if that will scare people. Which I'm sure it would given that the Bush administration can turn anything done by a suspected terrorist into a reason to turn on the sirens. Can you imagine if the terrorist alert system were linked to actual sirens and shit? Why noone would ever get a moment's rest.

And I'd like to know what this terrorist chatter consists of, because I'm still of the impression that it's basically exactly like normal conversations in AOL instant messanger.

"This just in, President Bush has cracked a terrorist code all by himself(with help from a ring he found in a cracker jack box.) a reputed guy who once knew a guy who is rumored to have dated Osama Bin Laden's third cousin twice removed was heard to have said "ROFLMAO @ U LOL U R SO DUMB I AM L33T3R THAN U" President Bush is relatively certain that this is a promise to blow up the democratic national convention. The reputed terrorist has been summarily exectuted but president Bush still ordered the military to shut down the democratic convention just to be on the safe side. In other news, due to the s tatus of super duper red alert imposed on the nation George Bush has been declared president for life."

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:10 AM

What do terrorist chatter about? Pop music? Boys? Going to the mall?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#4 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:19 AM

youre a comic genius nate

add: people look at my funny when they see me laughing at a computer screen

This post has been edited by jyd: 07 August 2004 - 10:20 AM

#5 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:27 PM

I think of chatter, I think of something like this:
"blablablaflibbernoopdewadawadabloopblipbloop"

so maybe they all just got bored.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#6 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:06 PM

I think of this:

"HEYbatterbatterbatterHEYbatterbatterbatter WE WANT A PITCHER NOT A BELLY ITCHER! WE WANT A CATCHER NOT A BELLY SCRATCHER!"

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:23 AM

And this just in, according to intercepted chatter terrorists seem to think that Christina Aguilera is hotter than Britney Spears. Told of the news president Bush, who was pulling his bicycle out of a ditch, vowed to raise the terrorist alert level and kill a lot of people.

In other news it appears that unemployment numbers are down finally. President Bush was notified of this news as he tried to get back onto his bike. His response was, curiously enough, vowing to raise the terrorist alert level and kill a bunch of people!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#8 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:51 AM

Laura: Also, "Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy out! First and home, play's at first and home. Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy out!"

#9 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:23 PM

Jen, it sounds like you're used to hearing that one.

#10 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:50 PM

K1ngwarren: Hey, shut up! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Jen: 09 August 2004 - 07:51 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size