Chefelf.com Night Life: I am a genius - Chefelf.com Night Life

Jump to content

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

I am a genius Rogue One plot predicted 11 years ago

#1 User is offline   azerty Icon

  • Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Posts: 152
  • Joined: 22-September 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Valencia VLC
  • Country:Nothing Selected

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:49 AM

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

Post #18, page 2 "Final Countdown"


In keeping with my theory that sequels in an episodic saga should follow each other quickly in time, and also have individual climaxes that wrap up their own story, here is how the movie that precedes Star Wars should end: Those rebel spies have benn trying to get plans to the Death Star, and have been having lots of adventures and close scrapes along the way. In the end, they manage to beam the plans to a ship waiting in orbit, thus foiling their enemies and they think that they have just saved the day. It tells it's own adventure, with the goal achieved, while simultaneously leading into the next film, (Star Wars).
0

#2 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

  • Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Posts: 3,380
  • Joined: 01-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In Your Dreams
  • Interests:I like stuff.
  • Country:Canada

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

View Postazerty, on 24 December 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

Post #18, page 2 "Final Countdown"


In keeping with my theory that sequels in an episodic saga should follow each other quickly in time, and also have individual climaxes that wrap up their own story, here is how the movie that precedes Star Wars should end: Those rebel spies have benn trying to get plans to the Death Star, and have been having lots of adventures and close scrapes along the way. In the end, they manage to beam the plans to a ship waiting in orbit, thus foiling their enemies and they think that they have just saved the day. It tells it's own adventure, with the goal achieved, while simultaneously leading into the next film, (Star Wars).


Ha ha I had forgotten about this post.

Too bad you hadn't the chance to sell it to Disney. You were on to the nut of the idea, and it was a good one.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).
0

#3 User is offline   Jordan Icon

  • Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,160
  • Joined: 31-October 03
  • Location:Mars
  • Interests:I have none.
  • Country:Ethiopia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

View Postcivilian_number_two, on 01 February 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Ha ha I had forgotten about this post.

Too bad you hadn't the chance to sell it to Disney. You were on to the nut of the idea, and it was a good one.


Civ #2 it's been years! Good to see one of your posts again, even if it was short.

I haven't seen Rogue One and probably won't. I did watch the latest in the main saga and thought it was mediocre. I was sad to see the main villain was a literal example of Dracco in Leather Pants. It's the laziest of all the villain / tragic hero story lines. After watching Game of Thrones, I now think it's impossible for modern fantasy / sci-fi writers to create good villains. And, if they do (in the case of Prince Joffery) they murder them off half way through the story instead of exploring the character in a meaningful sense. Bad guy deaths rarely serve a purpose in modern fantasy realm, other than sate blood lust in the audience. "fuck yea, he deserved it".

This post has been edited by Jordan: 09 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum
0

#4 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

  • Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Posts: 3,380
  • Joined: 01-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In Your Dreams
  • Interests:I like stuff.
  • Country:Canada

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostJordan, on 09 April 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Civ #2 it's been years! Good to see one of your posts again, even if it was short.

I haven't seen Rogue One and probably won't. I did watch the latest in the main saga and thought it was mediocre. I was sad to see the main villain was a literal example of Dracco in Leather Pants. It's the laziest of all the villain / tragic hero story lines. After watching Game of Thrones, I now think it's impossible for modern fantasy / sci-fi writers to create good villains. And, if they do (in the case of Prince Joffery) they murder them off half way through the story instead of exploring the character in a meaningful sense. Bad guy deaths rarely serve a purpose in modern fantasy realm, other than sate blood lust in the audience. "fuck yea, he deserved it".



Jordan!

Yeah Rogue One is a lot more interesting than Force Awakens, for some of the reasons you mention. Kylo Ren is boring as hell and the whole movie was just a not-subtle reboot rather than a sequel. Rogue One on the other hand is all about different characters, a new plot (it's entirely a war movie this time), some Star Wars lore (there is a force-user), and jokes that actually work. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a good movie to a person who didn't like Star Wars at all, but it's a good Star Wars movie.

I'm not anticipating the upcoming chapters, but at least I am not dreading them like I did with the prequels.

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 18 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  • Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size