• (2 Pages)
  • +

Lockergnome Game Invasion Chefelf, Yahtzee, And Myself

#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:54 PM

Well, just thought some of you gamer-types might be interested in checking out Lockergnome's Game Invasion channel. Chefelf, Yahtzee, and myself will all be contributing bits of video-game related news on a daily basis, so you can bet you'll find something of interest to read.

</self-promotion>

#2 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

You jumped on the bandwagon too? This is going to be so fucking awesome.

#3 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

Chris just sent me an email saying that the Game Invasion is finally linked up on the main page! Also he's going to try syndicating content to other sites. Also, I have PHP files to pull up the RSS feeds so if you want you can run the RSS newsfeeds of the Game Invasion on YOUR SITE! smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Aug 1 2004, 11:19 AM)
Also, I have PHP files to pull up the RSS feeds so if you want you can run the RSS newsfeeds of the Game Invasion on YOUR SITE! smile.gif

Gimme. ohmy.gif

#5 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:22 AM

Just started reading, and all there is to say is: jolly good show, y'all!
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#6 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:06 PM

Thank you, sir! smile.gif

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#7 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:06 PM

Heh, gratz, guys. I am mildly envious, but not enough to get in the way of me yelling "Huttah!" in happiness for yas.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:44 AM

I just read an article by chef. It explained how ESPN is moving in on EA sports.

http://channels.lock..._for_1999.phtml

I just like to express how sad that is. EA is a Canadian Company. There HQ is here in Vancouver.

American companies buying out Canadian ones is always depressing.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#9 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

Don't feel sad, Jordan. EA is an evil mega-corporation who has trampled any and every company that's stood in its way. They are the Microsoft of game developers, attempting to have a monopoly on anything. See my article today ( http://channels.lock..._nfl_2005.phtml ) for more details.

Just look what they did to the Star Control series after buying it! They destroyed it!

While I don't want EA to fold, I'd really like to see some competition thrown their way. Otherwise their games are going to keep getting worse and worse if they're not kept in check. See the latest Medal of Honor, all of their sports titles, etc.

They have a lot of good games, but they throw a lot of crap out there too just because they'd destroyed their competition.

#10 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:10 AM

I've never particularly liked EA. But then I've never thought much of sports games...or sports for that matter, but thats another story. As far as I can tell, EA don't do much work on creating games themselves, but rather pay some other company to do it and then stick their names on it.

Has anybody heard of a game called "Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader"? RPG made by Black Isle. Unfortunatly, BI was bought owned by Interplay at the time. BI, you may or may not know, was responsible for Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Fallout and in a way KotOR(as I belive Bioware was a splinter group from BI, though I'm not too certain). Anyway, BI wanted to create a RPG set in a realistic alternate history for Earth, with famous historical figures in differing circumstances. Interplay wanted them to make a Diablo clone. As such, the first half of the game is a brilliant RPG set in an interesting view of Barcelon. The second half is a boring dugeon hack. Such a dissapointment. This is why I tend to distrust the major gaming corporations. They're just there for the quick sell.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#11 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2004 - 02:47 AM

We have a wide variety of customers at the Video store I work at. Movie Stars, Musicians, and most importantly, EA programmers.

I talked with the EA programmer today. He said he did not know if ESPN was dropping prices to take a jab at EA's market. According to him that department is many leagues above his.

What he did say was interesting though. Apparently both Microsoft and ESPN both stated that they would not come out with Sports games this year. And they ended up coming out with sports games.... Consipriacy? Mystery? I will solve this case in time.

The EA programmer also told me that they have some really good titles coming out and that he is not worried about the comeptition for now. And if you're curious what an EA programmer rents from a video store - He got an X-box copy of DRIVER.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 07 September 2004 - 02:48 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#12 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 7 2004, 03:47 AM)
I talked with the EA programmer today.  He said he did not know if ESPN was dropping prices to take a jab at EA's market. According to him that department is many leagues above his.

I see no other reason they'd release games for $19.99 USD when every other game is $49.99 USD. ESPN had a great showing last year, better reviews than a lot of EA titles. What better way to make the gamer's on-the-fence decision easier than offering a better game at 40% the price?

QUOTE (Jordan)
What he did say was interesting though. Apparently both Microsoft and ESPN both stated that they would not come out with Sports games this year.  And they ended up coming out with sports games.... Consipriacy? Mystery? I will solve this case in time.

Not really true. ESPN did, Microsoft didn't. Of course, Microsoft also recently was rumored to have been in talks to buy EA. What would that mean? Well, Microsoft would control the rights to nearly every big-selling game to come out, putting it one step closer to its dominance in the gaming industry similar to its dominance in the PC OS/software industry.

QUOTE (Jordan)
The EA programmer also told me that they have some really good titles coming out and that he is not worried about the comeptition for now.

Of course not. EA is not worried about competition because as soon as any serious competition sprouts up they just buy the company. I wouldn't be scared either.

#13 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:55 AM

I'm not sure ESPN would be bought out by EA. ESPN is the big fish here.

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:47 AM

No, ESPN won't be bought out by EA. However, EA is the big fish... everywhere.

#15 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

I had no clue EA had so much pull in the industry. I know it owns Maxis, so that there is huge- The Sims

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size