Chefelf.com Night Life: Jedi Knight casting call - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Jedi Knight casting call Pretend it's still cool to be a Jedi

#1 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:04 AM

What actors would you cast in the roles of Jedi Knights (assuming it were still cool to be a Jedi Knight)? Here's a run down of some of my choices (if you can guess which ones aren't serious considerations but just jokes put down for amusement, you win a cookie) -

1) Eric Bana
2) Gerard Butler
3) Val Kilmer
4) Jeff Goldblum
5) Dolph Lundgren
6) Ron Perlman
7) All of the non-Hobbit and non-Saruman players of Lord of the Rings
8) Peter Weller
9) Damien Lewis
10) Thomas Jane
11) Keith David
12) Kurt Russell
13) Tom Selleck
14) Charlton Heston
15) Clancy Brown
16) Peta Wilson

And, at one point, I might have considered offering a light saber to the late Christopher Reeve, but he probably would have turned it down.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:37 AM

Ted Knight
Christopher Knight
Jet-Li
Jed Clampett
Knight Rider
Chefelf

#3 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:36 AM

Why not dream up a cast list for a live-action version of Knights of the Old Republic? (No, it'll never happen, but I can dream...) Since no one has suggested any women so far, I'll go for Kate Backinsale as Bastila. It's about time we saw a female Jedi in a leading role!
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#4 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:11 PM

samuel l jackson

#5 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:16 AM

Samuel L. Jackson has already appeared as Jedi knight Mace Window in two hit movies and is scheduled to appear in another.

#6 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Stongbah @ Dec 31 2004, 12:16 AM)
Samuel L. Jackson has already appeared as Jedi knight Mace Window in two hit movies and is scheduled to appear in another.

(joke)

#7 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:11 PM

I forgot to put down Kevin Sorbo and Oded Fehr.
I am the Fisher King.

#8 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:42 PM

yeah kevin sorb would be sweet as a jedi. maybe he could of played mace windu

#9 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:35 AM

I honestly think Michelle Yeoh would have made a wonderful Jedi. She has the elegance and above all, the maturity, to make a very convincing performance. A fully fledged Jedi should appear calm, graceful and wise ~ and I think Michelle Yeoh could pull this off beautifully.

And she's a beautiful woman too.

#10 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:52 AM

Helena, Peta Wilson was in the first list, so there was at least one woman so far.

Anyway,

yeah, Kate Beckinsale and Michelle Yeoh. Also

Burnaby's own Carrie-Anne Moss
Jennifer Garner
Judy Dench
My mom.

thumbsup.gif
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#11 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:54 PM

Hey there, civ. Haven't seen you around for a while. Is it just a coincidence, or are people starting to drift back to this forum now that certain members have left?

Anyway, you're right about Peta Wilson - I must have misread it as Peter. Michelle Yeoh is an excellent idea as well.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#12 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:19 PM

How about Weird Al Yankovic! tongue.gif

#13 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:32 PM

I'll support Michelle Yeoh, and maybe her sparring partner from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".

Would you all accept Carrie-Anne Moss, Kristanna Loken, Selma Blair and/or Lucy Lawless as Lady Jedi Knights?
I am the Fisher King.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size