• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

complaint

#1 User is offline   Caolan Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Redcloud Collective
  • Interests:Making up songs about how someone is a kitten.

Post icon  Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:39 PM

Oops! I shouldn't have said this on a public forum! Instead, I should have sent a nice e-mail.

This post has been edited by Caolan: 28 July 2004 - 07:21 PM

#2 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:12 PM

I say Nate should create a whole new forum section just for Rory and all of his complaints. tongue.gif I don't dislike Rory. He's loveable in his own kind of...annoying way. Can't y'all just drop it? L&E is a part of the Chefelf.com boards now. We get it. We all understand the point trying to be made here. But nobody cares anymore, if anyone even ever did! I'm not trying to say that Rory shouldn't be able to voice his opinion and such, but he has. It's been done, a response has been made. We all don't like to argue as tirelessly as him. I wish you all would just solve it already and be quiet. It doesn't seem to matter how many threads Laura locks, because another one will just be made in its place. dry.gif
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#3 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:26 PM

Thank you for the support Caolan.

And you know what they say about the power to kill loved ones... something about responsibility. Its very profound, I swear.

This post has been edited by Rory: 28 July 2004 - 06:26 PM

#4 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:54 PM

blah blah explaining my decision to lock the other thread

{ I admit that I may have been a bit hasty in locking this particular thread for a couple of reasons.

(a. ) Rory initiated my starting of the thread by arguing with me on IM, and he led me to believe that if I posted he would stop. So I became frustrated when he continued to argue the topic on the board. I was already sick of it and felt that the thread had been going on twice as long.
(b. ) I felt that he was attacking my website, and so I became defensive.

I'm not saying these were the best reasons to exercise my moderator power. However, I stand by my decision. I would close any thread that was a long, unduly argumentative rant by one person which offered no constructive feedback. Nate, I and the rest of the team on L&E and on the other message boards are happy to take user input on how the boards. I did not see that happening in that thread.

Friendly debate is fine. I will not lock a thread because people are simply disagreeing with each other. However, there is a point at which an argument makes the boards a worse place to be. I understand that different people would reach that point at different times, and I apologize if my oversensitive unpleasant-o-meter made you feel like your freedom of speech was being limited.

As I said, I'm open to the possibility that I was overly influenced by my personal investment in the debate in question, and in the future I will endeavor to keep my personal feelings from interfering with my decisions about the board. }

And Done!

This post has been edited by Laura: 28 July 2004 - 08:19 PM

#5 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:08 PM

Laura, I'm once again disappointed that you haven't addressed my concern about this being an annoying and silly topic. Lock it up or I'll make vague threats about murdering people you know. I have the power to make threats, you know. Oh I sure do!

Oh wow; I just checked, and this Caolan character is 24!

Yeesh!

PS: Just so I have this straight, since I'm only a casual obsrver: You and Nate have each said that the L&E board is no more, that Chefelf is now the board that more or less the same group posts on, and that L&E is no more. Further to that, L&E is no more. No one has time, no one has the interest, you've moved on in your lives, fucking grow up everyone will you, words to that effect, yeah?

And Rory's complaint is that you've never said how the L&E board is no more. Am I right?

And Caolan is declaring that he could kill people if he wanted to, and just might if you lock up any more threads? Do I have that right as well?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#6 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:08 PM

I bet this is what the USSR was like. smile.gif

#7 User is offline   Jesus Christ Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:FISHING, CARPENTRY, MARTYRDOM (MORE LIKE MARTYR-DUMB ;))

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Rory @ Jul 28 2004, 07:08 PM)
I bet this is what the USSR was like. smile.gif

IT HAD LESS EMOTICON.
I WEPT.

#8 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:12 PM

Wait, when did they ever formally admit that the lanceandeskimo board is no more? Last I checked, they always use talk like "we moved the board for this reason... blah blah blah." That just sounds like propoganda talk to me. You see the problem is that they insist that THIS is the NEW Lanceandeskimo Message Board, while I contend its really just a flimsy vassal of the Chefelf Forums. Do you understand now Civy?

If they had ever made the simple statement "The lanceandeskimo messageboard is no more," or preferably the more dramatic and equally accurate statement "The Lanceandeskimo Messageboard is DEAD! Long Live The Chef Elf Forums," then I can assure you we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

And watch it buddy; thats my sister you're talking about.

This post has been edited by Rory: 28 July 2004 - 07:16 PM

#9 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:14 PM

IT HAD LESS EMOTICON.

Well they hadn't invented the emoticon back then. They were a deeply backwards people back in the mid to late 80s.

#10 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:22 PM

sad.gif Rory, you're relentless!
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#11 User is offline   Jesus Christ Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:22 PM

NOT THE CASE!

http://groups.google...s.sri-unix.4439

FIRST MAN MENTION EMOTICON!
I WEPT.

#12 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:28 PM

Amber-Nicole, Your Icon Has A Cat In It!

FIRST MAN MENTION EMOTICON!

You've got me there Jesus; I guess that is why you are the son of god.

One last thing before I go for the night; whats up with people thinking threads make the message board a worse place to be? If you don't like a thread, all you have to do is ignore it. If you can't ignore it (like me), all it means is that you are too prideful not to have the last word, or you enjoy a hearty debate. I don't really see whats wrong with either of these things...

#13 User is offline   Jesus Christ Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:30 PM

ITS LIKE WHAT I SAY ABOUT TURN THE OTHER CHEEK. EXCEPT WITH WORDS.
I WEPT.

#14 User is offline   Caolan Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:53 PM

I do wish Civilian Number 2 would examine his gender biases! Ouch!

Also, he was so kind as to look at my birthdate, but he failed to notice that 1) I ain't 24 yet! and 2) I have a birthday coming up. O but we owe sweetness to people whose birthdays are coming up!

ph34r.gif
[the above is me in a burka.]

PS: I initially said A) and cool.gif, not 1 and 2. But look what happens when you say cool.gif!!!! Terrible. But how could I let go of the burka? I HAD to enable emoticons.

This post has been edited by Caolan: 28 July 2004 - 10:57 PM

#15 User is offline   Caolan Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:04 PM

Oh, and PS Rory: Despite my edited post, I still got your back. Bro. wink.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked