• This topic is locked

An official statement

#1 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:21 PM

Certain parties, still seething over the message board change brouhaha from several months back, have requested that we at the L&E team make an official statement regarding the old message board. So in my capacity as an L&E founding father and board admin, I hereby announce that the old message board, while still archived for your perusal, is dead as a doornail, and this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can happen.

Also, certain parties are a big whiner.

Thank you.

#2 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:24 PM

Never mind. Certain parties have informed me that that statement was "not exactly what [they were] going for." I rescind the previous statement.

I would however like to keep on the record the statement about certain parties being a big whiner, and that goes for the big, stupid boat shoes they walked in on.

#3 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:39 PM

I think Laura is missing the point. The point isnt that the OLD forum is dead; the point is that The Lanceandeskimo forum, as an autonomous message board, with its own identity, is gone. There is no Lanceandeskimo forum; there is only something akin to the lanceandeskimo section of the Chef Elf Forums.

If I may use an analogy to illustrate my point:
Imagine The Lanceandeskimo Message board is a country. In version 1.0, it practices a certain form of government; in version 2.0 it undergoes a major change of government, but it is still, in essence, The Lanceandeskimo Forum. In its latest version (the one we use today), it has been taken over by another country. It has ceased to be its own country; it is now part of the nation that is The Chefelf Forums.

Saying that the Lanceandeskimo MessageBoard is still its own message board is very similar to saying that Scotland is its own country. Scotland is a part of england, but not a country unto its self, just as the Lanceandeskimo Message Board is part of the Chef Elf Forums, but not a Message board unto itself (despite what it might be called).

All I ask for is a public admission to this effect from an administrator (preferably Nate, though any administrator will do), and we can all go on with our lives.

#4 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

I discussed this matter with a member of the lanceandeskimo administration, and I would just like to say that s/he was unnecessarily stubborn and hostile about this issue. Not what I've come to expect from the fine folks in lanceandeskimo PR.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Rory @ Jul 27 2004, 12:39 PM)
Saying that the Lanceandeskimo MessageBoard is still its own message board is very similar to saying that Scotland is its own country. Scotland is a part of england, but not a country unto its self, just as the Lanceandeskimo Message Board is part of the Chef Elf Forums, but not a Message board unto itself (despite what it might be called).

Scotland is not its own country. It IS, however, its own land.

LNE does not have its own community. It DOES, however, have its own forum.

What's the problem?

#6 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

I guess I should log in and take credit for my own statement.

#7 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

Well, I guess it is its own forum as much as say The Stars Wars section is its own forum. Essentially, it has taken a step down, from master of its own fate, to slave under the yoke of the Chef Elf Forums, from autonomous entity, to cheap vassal. So whether its gone from a community to a forum, or a forum to a section, its taken a signifigant hit. And I'd just like someone at the top to admit that.

#8 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:25 PM

Unecessary stubbornness and hostility is exactly what we've come to expect from Rory PR. He's better at it than I am. I'm throwing in the towel.

From now on, my official stance on this issue is "No comment."

#9 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

I rarely show hostility, Laura. And its odd that you would seek to emulate the very qualities you seem to dislike the most about me.

And just for the record, the injustice remains. A No Comment response does not right the wrong that was the dissolution of the lanceandeskimo forums(/possibly community).

#10 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:27 PM

Rory, I think I speak for many of us when I say...Shh. We have a headache. smile.gif
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#11 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:06 PM

Certain parties are ridiculous.

The change is well explained in the pinned topic here in this forum. The reason it's not on L&E any more are as follows:

1.) We already had a large percentage of LNE posters here on chefelf.com so we figured we'd utilize the database rather than having them register for a new forum.

2.) L&E doesn't actually produce articles anymore. Seeing that is the case there isn't much to discuss there anymore. So this exists for those who want to discuss past articles, etc.

3.) Enough already about the old forum. Honestly, though.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#12 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:57 PM

Certain parties are unable or unwilling to admit the truth for the betterment of all concerned.

All I am asking is that you admit that the Lanceandeskimo Forums are more or less truly dead... or if you'd prefer, conquered. I'm sure England had a lot of good reasons for conquering, or uniting, if you will, Scotland. Or at least they said they did. (i dont know much about the whole england scotland thing really). The point is that when Scotland became part of England, the English didnt lie to the Scottish and tell them that they still had their own country. All I ask is the same respect. Admit that the lanceandeskimo message, or if you'd prefer, the lanceandeskimo community, is no more.

This post has been edited by Rory: 27 July 2004 - 05:06 PM

#13 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:28 PM

If only Paul were here. He'd know what to say!

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:31 PM

Indeed he would, Ninja Duck.

What do you want us to admit, Rory? Why are you such a screwball?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#15 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, about half the time or more when I respond to something Rory says, he complains I didn't really address his concern.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked