Chefelf.com Night Life: Bush a Big Winner at World Stupidity Awards - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Bush a Big Winner at World Stupidity Awards Sunday, July 25, 2004

#1 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

U.S. President George W. Bush a big winner at World Stupidity Awards
Sunday, July 25, 2004

MONTREAL (CP) - The November elections may still be ahead of him but U.S. President George W. Bush came out a big winner Friday - at the World Stupidity Awards.

Bush was a dominating presence at the second edition of the awards presented at the Just for Laughs comedy festival. Host Lewis Black, whose biting satire is a highlight of TV's The Daily Show, took pride in the recognition the United States received at the awards, saying: "we are the gold standard."

"What was interesting about that is that the decision was made overwhelmingly by Americans who voted," said Albert Nerenberg, of the Main Organization Revealing Obvious Numbskulls which runs the awards.

http://www.canada.co...75-b77df40ac1a7

Now is it really fair that he won this? I mean he *clearly* has a natural advantage (not to mention his use of performance-enhancing nose candy in the 80s).

#2 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:17 PM

All his contemporaries say he's bright, even Clinton. I would not write him off as an idiot, he's not.

He might fumble his speech, but the guy knows what he's doing.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#3 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:26 PM

...And we KNOW we can trust Clinton on these things.

#4 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

Its debatable. Is he a bumbling moron, or is he wrecking his country with an agenda?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jul 25 2004, 04:35 PM)
Its debatable. Is he a bumbling moron, or is he wrecking his country with an agenda?

Either way he's a patriot.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:25 PM

Jordan, I think you'll find that the people who know what they are doing are the ones pulling the strings. From what I've read, it sounds like Bush barely scraped through high school.

#7 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:51 AM

Or was almost failing grade school part of his long-term plan to win this award?
I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:05 AM

Jordan, I think you'll find that the people who know what they are doing are the ones pulling the strings. From what I've read, it sounds like Bush barely scraped through high school. 

I've heard that too. He's just a puppet.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#9 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jul 25 2004, 06:17 PM)
All his contemporaries say he's bright, even Clinton.  I would not write him off as an idiot, he's not.

He might fumble his speech, but the guy knows what he's doing.

If that's so, he's doing an astonishingly good job of hiding it. I can't think of one thing he's said or done that strikes me as even remotely intelligent.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#10 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:24 AM

He finished with a Gentleman's C at Yale.

#11 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:28 AM

Genteman's C? Personally, I have to say that he knows what he's doing, and doesn't particularly care if nobody agrees with him. As long as he keeps the higher ups happy, he'll have a lot of money and keep his pretty space in the spotlight.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#12 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:30 PM

If he doesn't know what he's doing, whoever does is making sure he does know.

When you're the son of a rich oil baron with his fingers in the pockets of millions and sleeping with the ministers of oil producing companies, you can probably get whatever grade you want in college. Although they probably didn't want to give him an A because it would be too obviously a big bribe.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:47 PM

I personally would like to see the transcripts of Bush's school records. I'd imagine a lot of his referals look like this:

"George was given three days suspension because he and another boy beat the holy fuck out of an underclassmen kid who had been sitting at his desk quietely. When asked about why he did this he said that it was a pre-emptive strike."

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#14 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:58 AM

Well, apparantly he couldn't even Bribe his way into a B. Also, I think its really easy to get a C at Yale; I think you just sort of have to show up. Caolan would know more about that, though, seeing how she attended the most prestigious University.

This post has been edited by Rory: 28 July 2004 - 06:58 AM

#15 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:56 AM

I always thought Oxford or Cambridge would have carried more prestige?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size