Chefelf.com Night Life: What annoys you most about the PT? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

What annoys you most about the PT? Have a good rant, you'll feel better.

Poll: What annoys you most about the PT?

What annoys you most about the PT?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:05 AM

The ultimate question! Feel free to state your reasons.

For me it's a close-run thing, but I have to say that 'elected queens' comes top of my list. Maybe it's because I'm British and a politics student, but not even Jar Jar can evoke the same feeling of murderous rage in me as the idea of a fourteen-year-old President who calls herself a Queen.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#2 User is offline   Commoner Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:29 AM

GAAAH!!! They are all so valid, it's so hard to choose, but I think, overall, it's the Anakin portrayal that bothers the most as he is the character which "supposedly" links all of the films together (gee, George, I thought at one time you said it was the droids...)

Jar Jar is incidental, but not forgivable.

There is a story though but so badly pulled together and off-handedly given.

Can't stand the elected Queen thing, but I would prefer a better Anakin character.

This is the thing, it's all of these which really drag this trilogy down...

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:41 PM

as I look to the background of this forum and see blue I can't help but think, "is that a star wars set?"

i chose ani the whini but the CGI really does 'shit, as they say, me to tears!'

#4 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:58 PM

I said the villains. If the villains had been doping their job and being evil instead of dicking around there might have been an excuse for Anakin's whining and the fall of the republic and various other things.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#5 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:00 PM

Can I choose all of them? Honestly, I cannot say which annoys me most. In general, my reason is because it is an eye-candy without any sort of flavour. No feelings, that's why.

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:12 PM

It's what connects us, and binds us.

They don't feel like star wars movies.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size