Chefelf.com Night Life: Episode 3 predictions - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Episode 3 predictions cloudy the future is...

#1 Guest_HK-47_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:20 AM

So? What's gonna happen? I believe that ep 3 has all the potential to be so much worse than ep1 and 2 together. Why? George has to explain Anakins fall, both logically, and more importantly, emotionally, and of course tie everything together. I smell a fat, greasy, burning turkey approaching...

1. Darth Vaders first sentence is a cheesy one-liner: "Let the galaxy tremble before the might of DARTH VADER, LORD OF THE SITH!!"
2. Horrible Anakin-Padme-ObiWan love triangle hastens Anakins fall to the dark side.
3. Senator Binks survives, later to be liberally inserted into the OT DVD eds.
4. Yoda engages in a brutal, bonebreaking wrestling match with Dooku, "...it seems we cannot determine this battle by our skill with the lightsaber..."
5. The number of times you'll hear the word "poodoo".

The board is yours, please continue...

Mucho respect to chefelf, you've provided me with hours of enjoyment. biggrin.gif

#2 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:I love playing baseball, fishing, spending work day ripping on the SW prequels, hanging out with my wife, going to church, working out, writing music, producing music, watching movies, going for long walks (with wife), hanging out with friends.

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:03 AM

here's my take...

1. Anakin fights everyone and oddly enough defeats all (except obi)
2. Palpatine suddenly gets that odd skin complexion.
3. Jar Jar is oddly absent from the movie.
4. Padme has the twins, then dies (within the first 30 minutes)
5. Obiwan is blamed for her death
6. obiwan fights Anakin for the remaining hour.
7. Anakin loses, then with 30 seconds of the film left, we see Darth Vader
8. the hunt for George Lucas commences.

also- with all the backlash regarding Lucas' dialog, episode III is made
without a single word of dialog. Georges' first silent movie. And It actually helps!!

This post has been edited by Esco: 15 April 2004 - 10:04 AM

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:56 PM

ROFL if Vader really does say that shit, I will cringe and have a heart attack, then shoot the screen with a Desert Eagle.

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:25 AM

the only way to save the series now is to have;
1.anikan falling into the molten pit, suffering, in pain -explicetley shot for maximum enjoyment
2.anikan and amidla doing it - once again, esplicitley shot for maximum enjoyment, infact amidala can start without him
3.christopher lee adlibing his lines
4.seeing at least one built set!

#5 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:59 AM

1. Yoda kills Dooku on Dagobah?
2. Anakin goes blind for most of the episode thus does not notice the pregnacny of his wife?
3. Obi-Wan's hair manages to go completely grey by the end of the episode?
4. Palpatine is still not outted as the Sith Lord? (betcha they forget to do this)

Must stop now. The pain this exercise causes is to great. I'm really going to start believing very strongly in karma, because Lucas has a galactic sized kick in the nuts owing to him.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#6 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2004 - 01:04 AM

Perhaps George could get us all back on side if he began the third movie with the following scene:

Jar Jar Binks is about to cross a seemingly deserted Coruscant street late at night. It looks clear and he steps out on the street....

WHAM!

Unfortunately for Jar Jar Binks, he didn't see the air speeder that was coming from the other direction.

... then proceed with the rest of the film.

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:59 PM

that would barely scrape the surface... however perhaps some sort of R-rated vivisection would be in order.

some more religous and political references are probably going to manifest in this film as well, so some product placement would not be too out of the question now.

yoda should get laid at some point, to help explain why he's such a usless peice of shit so far, but cool later... 900 year old virgins can't think straight.

#8 User is offline   Radu094 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 19 2004, 09:59 PM)
yoda should get laid at some point, to help explain why he's such a usless peice of shit so far, but cool later... 900 year old virgins can't think straight.

LOL.. I though there was something diferent with the guy in the OT.

Hmm... let's see:

Ep1. A Pod race
Ep2. A cool Robot-Factory/Conveyor-Belt
Ep3. A Space Invaders clone ?

can't you see... the prequels are an intro to the greatest arcade game ever!
I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

#9 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:10 AM

Did anyone have the unfortunate experience of reading those shitty novels by Kevin J. Anderson? For those of you who don't know, Kevin J. Anderson is the most stupid, amateur, childish writer EVER. George Lucas looks like Timothy Zahn by comparison. This man is a fool!

Anyway, in his stupid, stupid, stupid novels (did I mention that they were stupid?), he included a fully working proto-type Death Star. Now, really? You don't build proto-types for things that are the size of small moons...

but anyway, I thought if George Lucas knew about this, we might well see this stupid thing flying around the place like a speeder bike out of control, with Jar Jar Binks at the helm (having become the Emperor's unwitting henchman), sitting beside GENERAL GRIEVOUS.

I mean, he's already used the Death Star in two movies - what's another one?

If I sound cynical, I am. With Episode III, I am expecting the worse.

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Apr 27 2004, 10:10 AM)
If I sound cynical, I am.  With Episode III, I am expecting the worse.

then you shall receive it- IN ABUNDANCE

#11 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:43 PM

Eh I didn't think Anderson's novels were that bad. And he did introduce Kyp Durron who is a very cool character. I thought the first one was pretty good (though the idea of a Sun Crusher that can literally destroy solar systems is very far-fetched, even for star wars), but the other 2 weren't great, though I really didn't think they were horrible. I would say the best SW books, other than Zahn's, are the X-wing novels by Michael Stackpole involving Rogue Squadron (WEDGE!!!) and a few of the New Jedi Order books were very good, though the series itself was extremely disjointed. Oh, and what's funny is, I thought both Rogue Planet by Greg Bear and Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover (who I believe is doing the Episode III novelization), which are both novels set in the prequels era, the first dealing with Anakin and obi-Wan and the second with Mace Windu, were excellent. Rogue Planet does much more to develop Anakin's Dark Side than the movie, and Shatterpoint actually shows Mace Windu as the awesome Jedi character Lucas probably wanted him to be. It's pathetic that the books must do this where the movies can't.

#12 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:04 PM

Anderson's novels signal the beginning of the end for me. I loved the Zahn trilogy (though the Force-negating, Kryptonite-esque stone things were a little dumb). The other novels were quite interesting. Dave Wolverton's "Courtship of Princess Leia" novel was just hilarious. I get the impression that he was just kinda pushing the limits with what he could get away with in that novel. Threepio was quite witty and I recall laughing out loud at a few of his one liners. The whole Princess Leia falling for Fabio thing was just brilliant. I salute Dave Wolverton for his work on that book.

Anderson's books didn't quite thrill me as much. The plot about the thing that could destroy a sun was kinda lame... just one-upping the whole Death Star thing. The plots seemed much more like comic book plots than book plots. Plus the twins just annoyed me.

Also, Leia should have had a bigger role in ALL the books. In the movies she was this strong character who did great things and lead the rebellion, etc. In the books she was just this fragile, pregnant woman who was too lazy to explore her powers in the Force. I don't like what they did with "Lady Vader" at all.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:41 AM

Agreed. I loved Dave Wolverton trying to push the envelope. He put in quite a lot of stuff that I thought would be hard to get past the publisher...

Han's line of "Kiss my wookie!" for example. Good fun.

Anderson's novels however feel like the kind of thing I would write if I was eight. The alien flying the death star around as if it was a fighter jet, shouting "Whoa! I missed the planet but I hit the moon!" and Admiral Daala, the genius commander who loses a Star Destroyer every book. The only reason why she is a genius is because Kevin said so. Back it up, Kevin - if you were a good author, we would figure that she was a genius through her doing brilliant things.

And the Jedi Academy? Yuck, it's just like Episode II (and a lot like Harry Potter).

As for the problem with Leia and the kids, I think it's a problem of kids in general. If a character has kids, they are suddenly tied down with so much responsibility that the author can only do a handle of things with the character - whereas before, the sky was the limit. As far as continuing sagas go, turning a character into a parent is effectively killing them off. They can no longer participate in the story.

#14 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Apr 27 2004, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Apr 27 2004, 10:10 AM)
If I sound cynical, I am.  With Episode III, I am expecting the worse.

then you shall receive it- IN ABUNDANCE

Rocky Horror quote! Whoo Hoo!
Rocky Horror quote! Whoo Hoo!

<I like Rocky Horror>
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:07 PM

[I] - I saw a planet sized city.

- Hmmm. Distracting CGI characters and wooden actors there are there.

- They were fighting.

- It is Episode III, you see.

- Episode III? Will it suck?

- Difficult to care. Always terrible the prequels are.

- I've gotta see it for myself.

- Decide you must, if you will watch it. If you see it, have a few laughs you would. But you would ruin all of your childhood memories.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size