• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Leia VS Amidala One for the boys

#46 User is offline   DistantAngel Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:33 AM

I'm afraid I too have to go with Leia, on all counts.

Looking at the actresses for a moment (I'll get on to the characters in a moment), Carrie Fisher always looked like someone you might actually know - someone you might even have had a chance with. She wasn't goddess-like gorgeous, but she was certainly attractive, very much so - and she did give you the feeling that she really existed - that someone who looked like that really could live in your neighbourhood.

Natalie Portman, on the other hand is from Mars. There is a hyper-reality to her that just screams out at you; "you will never meet anyone like this, let alone have a shot at dating them". I mean, like Carrie Fisher, Portman is very attractive, but she's just a little too much ... she's the kind of person that exudes that feeling that the poster on your wall is as close as you're ever going to get.

From what I've seen in interviews, the characters of Leia and Amidala are very similar to the personalities of the actresses playing them. As some have said already, Leia/Carrie is that feisty, ballsy kind of woman who really wouldn't take shit from anyone. By contrast, Amidala/Natalie is a complete drip. Anybody who'd fall for that "I like sand" twaddle deserves to be married to the emperor's shiny-helmeted little monkey boy. Amidala deserves Anakin. Leia very definitely deserves Han. It would never work the other way around.

Carrie is believable as a princess; Natalie is not. The authority just isn't there. Leia is capable of leadership, of fighting a war, but without sacrificing a single human quality. Amidala is more a puppet, someone who's found themselves in a job they really can't do, and any success they may enjoy is more accidental or down to others. When it comes to being a leader, a ruler of a nation, Amidala is George W Bush to Leia's Abraham Lincoln.

But, let's be honest, the real question here is about sex. Who would I rather shag? Leia every time. Amidala is too pompous, too prim, too proper. We've all seen that gold bikini and we all thought the same thing (at least once); did Jabba supply her with that, or is that hers? My money's on the latter smile.gif Amidala is clearly a lights off, socks on kind of girl ... Leia, judging by her affinity for rogues like Han, is quite definitely a handcuffs fan ...

Sorry ... lost my train of thought ...

#47 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:16 PM

biggrin.gif

#48 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 23 July 2004 - 12:42 AM

Civilian-

"Hang on; what? they got married?

That's great! Good for them; hope it works out."

I got that, just so ya know. Hahaha

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size