Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Leia VS Amidala One for the boys

#31 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:15 PM

between padme and Ani, there was as much chemistry as someone who thinks they're cleaver for knowing H2O is the chemical term for water!!!

Kiera = yum!
the first time i saw her was in the preview for 'bend it like beckham' and her smile alone stole my heart.
double yum!!!

#32 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2004 - 12:14 AM

Maybe Lucas'll put Amidala in a bikini while 9 months pregnant. Then his journey towards the dark side will be complete.

biggrin.gif That imaginary place is a scary place to visit. But damn funny nonetheless.

between padme and Ani, there was as much chemistry as someone who thinks they're cleaver for knowing H2O is the chemical term for water!!!

Man, I've met a lot of weird people in my life. But I have never met anyone who thinks they're a cleaver. cool.gif

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:32 AM

they're out there man, they're out there!

#34 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:08 AM

Ok, this is too big a question and must be broken down.

Award for best actress body goes to Amidala
Award for best character easily goes to Leia
Award for most believable romance goes to Leia, easily once again.
Award for putting up with a bad directer goes to Amidala
Award for best performance with George Lucas involved goes to Leia

Leia wins.

I cannot believe that this frilly dressed creature is related to Leia or Luke.

Leia is stubborn and firey. She even denies her feelings for Han Solo for a full movie and a half and any woman who can believably pretend not to be attracted to 1970s/80s Harrison Ford is a damn fine actress.

Amidala is a wet noodle who will easily bend to Anakin's will and only shows any sort of backbone when its some political nonsense that everyone is advising her not to do. Her romance is the most pathetic thing ever and it basically consists of "The bad guy had posession of you, woman-object. I defeated the bad guy and so you are now my posession." That's it. And she goes with that. Let's try the same basic idea with Anakin and Leia.

Anakin: I must protect you from some kind of evil assassiny guy who is paid by the sith to hire people to kill you, or something.

Leia: Beat it kid and go get a decent hair cut, I'll hold these guys off with my blaster.

Anakin: None of this would have happened if master Obi Wan hadn't held me back and made me kill all those sand people and YEAGH!

Leia: -Tosses him down a garbage shoot-

Now let's look at how terrible the romance would have been between Han and Amidala.

Han: You know you love me

Amidala: Yes master, I do.

Han:... You mean I don't have to like, win you over, or something?

Amidala: No master, you saved me from being killed by hte evil lord vader.

Han: So there's no reason I should have to prove that I'm a decent guy to you or anything and in the process make my character a likeable guy?

Amidala: No master.

Han: Is that a new pair of clothes?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#35 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:38 AM

Han - What do you say? Do you think Amidala and a guy like me....

Luke - What are you, nuts?

Han (gets an 'Oh my god, what was I thinking?' exp​ression on his face) - You're right. Let's get out of here before she gets back.

Han would never dig a girl like Amidala. The chick has no spunk whatsoever.

Award for best actress body goes to Amidala

I don't know. Check the pictures of Leia again. Or do a search on the internet. There's an entire website dedicated to her and that bikini. It'd take you half a second to find it on google.

Han: Is that a new pair of clothes?

biggrin.gif I loved that!

#36 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:27 AM

Haven't googled too much but this image is nice.

and you can buy the poster

#37 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:45 AM

Gee, guys, you really cheered my up by choosing Leia over Amidala ehem, body-wise. I expected every guy here admire her perfectly groomed exterior. Natalie Portman is very high-mainenance chick and a lot of efforts must have been put into her appearance. That some of you prefer Laria is like mind over matter for me. Thanks.

#38 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:33 PM

Han would never dig a girl like Amidala. The chick has no spunk whatsoever

not to mention being his mother-in-law.

-----------------------------------------------

leia is the kind of girl you fall for...
there's chemistry AND sparks... and that just spices it up.
the argument at the begening of ESB is just brilliant, as han sums the whole thing up wonderfully: "yeah? then why are you following me?"

it's so much better than: sand gets up your ass, wanna make out

#39 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:21 PM

Gee, guys, you really cheered my up by choosing Leia over Amidala ehem, body-wise.

The users like myself prefer Leia over Amidala in all catagories. I just couldn't let someone comment that Amidala has the better body and let it slide though - that's all.

"yeah? then why are you following me?"

[is] so much better than: sand gets up your ass, wanna make out?

Too true. Very, very true.

#40 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:24 AM

I don't know I havn't seen the OT in a while and I wasn't really focusing on the bodies of the actors in it, which I think is really a testament to Carrie Fisher that I can barely remember how she looked. Her performance was what mattered, not her body. I can remember what Padme looked like in her ridiculous robes and face paint very easily because, like a former playboy bunny paid to act in an erotic thriller, her body was likely the best part of her performance. For goodness sake has Lucas ever had a crush on someone? Anakin is like 16 at the time and he's after a 26 year old queen. An average guy would look at her, try to walk towards her, trip, and then kill himself. Anakin just walks up to her, tells her that she is now his woman-object and then says he dosnt like sand before kissing her.

The romance is completely nuts. Even in a fantasy there has to be some element of reality. For instance: Two people who havn't seen eachother in a decade do not just up and get married in the middle of a fugging war. Lucas did try to add some realism by adding opposition to their marriage. This manifested in the form of:

Amidala: But Anakin, you're not allowed.

Anakin: Quiet you. We just won't tell them.

Come on! They could have acted like Amidala and Anakin were actually worried that the council would find out. They could have tried to pretend that defying the ancient Jedi traditions meant something to them. Imagine if this crap had been acceptable six hundred years ago.

Juliet: How cam'st thou hither, tell me, and wherefore? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb. And the place death, considering who thou art, if my kinsman find thee here.

Romeo: It's ok. Let's just go get married and not tell them. Also, you're not like sand.

Juliet: Sure, let's rut!

I think just considering Lucas directing a Shakespeare play is the scaryist thought I've ever had.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#41 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jul 22 2004, 08:24 AM)
Come on! They could have acted like Amidala and Anakin were actually worried that the council would find out. They could have tried to pretend that defying the ancient Jedi traditions meant something to them. Imagine if this crap had been acceptable six hundred years ago.

Yet another example of what a psychopath Anakin is. Regardless of what you think of the 'Jedi chastity' rule, you'd expect him to feel at least slightly guilty about breaking his vows and going behind his Master's back, not to mention having an affair with someone he's supposed to be protecting (Professional ethics? What's that?) But no, his one and only concern is with being found out!

As for Amidala, she's not much better - she leads Anakin on and shows no more responsibility than he does. Someone in her position should have more sense. Imagine if the press found out she was shagging her Jedi Padawan bodyguard!
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#42 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:00 AM

Hang on; what? they got married?

That's great! Good for them; hope it works out.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#43 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:06 AM

I personally liked the part when she was trying to ward Anakin's advances off.

Amidala: No Anakin. This could never work. A senator and a Jedi Knight... never. I cannot be with you, Anakin. Now just excuse me while I go and change into some revealing leather lingerie.

Yep, that oughta stop him from thinking about her smooth silky skin that's so very, very different from that horrible coarse sand.

#44 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

How Anakin turned to the dark side...

Anakin: I hate sand. It's so coarse and rough and just irritates the hell out of me... unlike ... this shiny black helmet....

#45 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:50 AM

I bet she gives great helmet

I think the way the romance would have played out alot more realistically if both characters had been drunk...

the stuff that was said only works on drunk girls...

and even then...

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size