• (4 Pages)
  • +

GAME! new game discussion

#16 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:06 PM

I just uploaded a newer version which fixes most of the bugs people have pointed out. This game is probably one of the more complexly coded ones I've ever done, so I was expecting a lot of errors anyway.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#17 User is offline   Stalky Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:29 PM

Now I have to work out how to get rid of Barry's corpse.

Damnit.

#18 User is offline   Cheesehead Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:I have absolutely no long-term or short-term memory to speak of. Remarkably, I achieved this without the aid of drugs, and I would be rather proud of myself if I could only remember where I left my pants. <br><br>I enjoy reading and sleeping, and i think dairy products are wonderful. My ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely of fudge, while making lots of money from my awful attempts at writing. My dream is to explore the the whole world and see every bit of it, exept for South Africa beacuse I'm scared of tapeworms.....

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

This is a Great game! With a capital g as you may have noticed.

I’m now on Thursday but I can’t figure out a final solution to how to stop the zombie/captain from chasing me around the ship.

#19 User is offline   Brezza Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:50 PM

I'm stuck here as well. I thought you had to lure him into the airlock but I can only get him as far as the generator. Then he gives up and goes off and eats his brain flakes while watching repeats, or what ever it is zombies do when not plucking head fruit.

Very scary, an improvement on 5 days.

#20 User is offline   Stalky Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:51 PM

SkinnedAlive helped me on that bit too dry.gif

You need a towel rack and a shadow.

Now...how the heck do you stop getting sucked into space on friday?

#21 User is offline   Cheesehead Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:I have absolutely no long-term or short-term memory to speak of. Remarkably, I achieved this without the aid of drugs, and I would be rather proud of myself if I could only remember where I left my pants. <br><br>I enjoy reading and sleeping, and i think dairy products are wonderful. My ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely of fudge, while making lots of money from my awful attempts at writing. My dream is to explore the the whole world and see every bit of it, exept for South Africa beacuse I'm scared of tapeworms.....

Post icon  Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:11 PM

I have the towel rack but I don’t know where to find a shadow.

Could you clarify what exactly I’m supposed to do and where this shadow is?

#22 User is offline   Cheesehead Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:00 PM

I have spent the last 3 hours looking for this mystical shadow you speak of and i have found no trace of it or any other way to defeat the mighty zombie/captain.

I really need some help here so if anyone knows what to do tell me and I would be forever in your debt.

#23 Guest_Layabout_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 July 2004 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Stalky @ Jul 22 2004, 05:51 PM)
SkinnedAlive helped me on that bit too dry.gif

You need a towel rack and a shadow.

Now...how the heck do you stop getting sucked into space on friday?

It's so easy you'll kick yourself when you figure it out.

So I won't tell you!

smile.gif

#24 User is offline   SkinnedAlive Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:43 AM

Cheesehead: Core.

This post has been edited by SkinnedAlive: 23 July 2004 - 06:27 AM

#25 Guest_Nick S_*

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:52 AM

I'm stuck after having sent off a message, now wandering around on wednesday with a sticky lunch. Told engineer guy about the goo on the lunch, now wondering what to do.

#26 User is offline   SkinnedAlive Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:26 AM

Concentrate on the dispenser.

#27 Guest_Nick S_*

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for lending me a "hand" (nudge nudge wink wink), but now that I've unjammed the thing the only thing I can think of is finding the thing where the garbage is processed into food, and I've looked for that already.

#28 User is offline   Stalky Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:57 AM

Think about the remaining crew members and who would be interested in looking at a human hand...

Cheesehead: Go to the reactor core as soon as you leave the brig. It should be clear from there.

#29 Guest_Nick S_*

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:38 AM

Right...I'm starting to feel really thick here...now I can't find anything in the captain's quarters that would hint at the code...I tried counting his books/trophies but that didn't seem to give a good code. I'm fairly convinced it must be that, though, since there are six series of items on the shelves.

#30 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:30 AM

That was a fun game. I didn't like it quite as much as 5 Days a Stranger, but it was still good.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size