#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

Check out my preview of The Sims 2 at The Lockergnome Game Invasion Channel:

The Sims 2: Coming Soon
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 05 August 2004 - 04:58 PM

Ah, I love The Sims... at least, I did until I got bored of actually playing the game and spent all my time designing ever more weird and wonderful houses.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#3 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:58 AM

I think it would be more appropriate if, instead of getting pregnant, the Sims were infected with debilitating Sexually Transmitted Infections. I believe there is already an engine for this in the old game; Sims that have affairs can both simply turn into zombies! Zombyism is the gift that keeps on giving. This will accurately simulate that having sex outside of wedlock is how STIs got started to begin with. Its like God is punishing them for their indiscretion!

Then again, having to take care of an ugly, uncaring child for the rest of your life is a worst punishment than I can imagine. Can you still get kids carted away to Military school, or killed by DCYF?

#4 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:03 AM

Hmm. Either I can live my own life, or live vicariously through a sim.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#5 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:04 AM

Can men fall in love, and have sex in Simcity 2É

(Instead of a question mark, i get this symbol, É.

Anybody know what that meansÉ)

This post has been edited by Jordan: 06 August 2004 - 07:05 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#6 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:14 AM

I don't know about SimCity, but I do know that in the Sims 1 (and from all I've heard, in the Sims 2) -- just as in real life! -- men and women can fall in love and have sex with members of either gender.

#7 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:39 AM

There's no gay marraige though.

#8 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:57 AM

I think I read somewhere that it might be allowed in the European version... or maybe that was just gay sex.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#9 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Aug 6 2004, 11:57 AM)
I think I read somewhere that it might be allowed in the European version... or maybe that was just gay sex.

There's no sex in The Sims. I'm confused.

#10 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Stongbah @ Aug 6 2004, 07:16 PM)
There's no sex in The Sims.  I'm confused.

I take it you didn't get the Livin' it Up expansion pack? (Livin' Large in the US.) You could buy a pink vibrating bed in which your sims could, ahem, 'play around'. Of course you didn't actually see anything, but...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size