Chefelf.com Night Life: Spider-man 2 - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Spider-man 2

#16 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:32 PM

Well, hey. I liked it. Saw my nephews the other day and went to see it again (for they had not.) I wasn't bored stupid. I really like Otto. I got a little tired of Aunt May's imitation of the pepperidge farm voice-over actor, however. WHY did it take peter 2 years to realize you don't wash whites with colors? My sister countered, "that happened to me once when I was trying to save money."
product placement aside, I like maker's mark. JJJ was really good, and I enjoyed his scenes a lot more. Ghost figures, cackling voices are part of the fantasy I suppose. I liked how the arms smiled like raptor heads in JP. I was puzzled how Spidey's vision is better WITHOUT his costume on. But really now; is it *prequel* bad?

#17 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:41 PM

People are always singing the praise of the X Men movies... I don't really understand why. Not only do the X Men movies totally fuck with the canon, but they are rather lacking plot wise. Its been a while since I saw X Men 2, but I felt it was sort of... anticlimactic. And really, getting rid of the colorful uniforms... whats with that?! Don't get me wrong; they're good movies, but spiderman just seems better.

The Spiderman movies really seem to capture the tone of Spiderman. You've got your ordinary guy doing extraordinary things, you've got an awkward relationship thing, you've got money troubles, and you've got either wealthy or very intelligent men becoming supervillains. What more do you want?

#18 User is offline   Shawnathan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:01 AM

I just saw 'Spider Man 2' yesterday and I have NEVER been able to get into a movie in a drive-in movie theater like this before!

There was a scene where they snuck 'Evil Dead' in Spider-Man 2 just a tad. It totally suprised me. I'm a huge fan of Evil Dead.

I think I may know why Sam Raimi was hired to direct Spider Man. If you have seen 'Dark Man' also done by Sam Raimi in 1990. Toward the end of 'Dark man' The main character is swinging from a rope tied to a helicopter, which is flying aimlessly in-between buildings many stories high. Which is done VERY well by Sam. I would bet that scene in 'Dark Man' would explain why Sam Raimi was hired to direct Spider Man. Well it's just guess. smile.gif
--Idiotic Inc. "Teaching Cheerleaders to use birth control since 2004"
--They Call Him Rick: I'm telling you, it's not that bad

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size