• (2 Pages)
  • +

Spider Man 2 ROCKED! Talk about a good film for a change

#1 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:10 PM

I know this is not a STar Wars topic, but it was refreshing to see a film that had huge expectations not only meet them, but knock them out of the park (along with the LotR Trilogy). Great story, action, and showed how to be very funny w/o being forced or corny. Granted, this is not a distinguished list, but hands-down thebest comic film ever.

#2 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:14 AM

Post it in the movie section
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#3 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:58 AM

Spiderman 2 was terrible. Ok, it wasn’t that bad, but it wasn’t as good as everybody made it out to be. I have no idea how either of them made so much money.

I go to action movies to see action - not Peter Parker acting like an emotional twit. That’s the kind of shit I expect to see in a chick flick - which is exactly why I don’t watch those. Seeing all those crappy things happen to Peter was depressing, and there just wasn’t enough violence to make up for it.

Doc Oc was my favorite character from spider man, and he was hardly in the movie. They wasted his awesomeness and killed him off. Boo hiss!

Four thumbs way down. And like I said, its not like it was that bad, but I definitely wasn’t able to sit through it a second time when it came out on HBO.

#4 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:14 AM

I actually liked that movie for not being all about bloody violence. Peter's character, all the problem's he has and the connection to his real life make it much more interesting and (*ahem*) somewhat realistic.
Although it might have been a total über-movie if they'd made a film-noir movie out of it.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 31 March 2006 - 08:25 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#5 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

I thought they should've done something other than the 'giving up his powers' thing. It's been waaay overdone in the comics.

The movie itself was amazing in the theaters, but it didn't port well over to the small screen. I'm not sure what it was, but I figure it was a combination of the huge screen and the huge loudness of it.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#6 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

It doesnt seem like anybody likes any movies around here. Why post about them?
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#7 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:30 PM

Wow, somebodys crabby. I like lots of movies. I was just disappointed by Spiderman 2.

#8 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Chuckster, punkrock, beer, birds.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Private Zod @ Jun 30 2004, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is not a STar Wars topic, but it was refreshing to see a film that had huge expectations not only meet them, but knock them out of the park (along with the LotR Trilogy). Great story, action, and showed how to be very funny w/o being forced or corny. Granted, this is not a distinguished list, but hands-down thebest comic film ever.

Dear me! Did you watch the same Spider-man 2 as I did?

The story was rather crap, the action was OKish but also more or less more of the same. Very funny? When exactly? And 'without being corny'? What!?

#9 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Mar 31 2006, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesnt seem like anybody likes any movies around here. Why post about them?

Hey, I like movies.

I like plenty of movies.

Airplane, for instance.

Batman: The Movie.
Batman.
Batman Forever (because it had Two-Face. Admittedly, not a GOOD Two-Face, but Two-Face kicks ass anyway.)

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 01 April 2006 - 11:40 AM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#10 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Chuckster, punkrock, beer, birds.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 1 2006, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, I like movies.

I like plenty of movies.

Airplane, for instance.

Batman: The Movie.
Batman.
Batman Forever (because it had Two-Face. Admittedly, not a GOOD Two-Face, but Two-Face kicks ass anyway.)

I think he was meaning good movies...

#11 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:28 PM

But... I LOVE bad movies.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#12 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:34 AM

You've got to accept that there are some movies that are so bad, so very very bad, that start being good.
In my case, it's Desperado. I know that thing stinks, but every time I catch it on TV I have to watch it.

#13 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:15 AM

My favorite bad movie is Dracula 3000: Infinite Darkness.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#14 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:20 AM

Oh man that movie sucked! I actually sat throught the entire thing though. I just kept thinking to myself it'll get better... any minute now.... any minute now.... only 10 minutes left? oh well guess Ill just watch the rest of it.

#15 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

OH MY GOD. I agree with Sailor Abbey.

SPIDERMAN 2 was an ass-sucking machine, powered to last 1000 years.

1) It had the same plot as the first film: Peter deals with responsibility of power; he lamely tries to compete with romantic rival for the affection of Mary Jane; he flirts with not using his powers for the common good despite frequent repetition of Ben Parker's inspirational catch phrase; he finds a father figure in an adult scientist who turns out also to be the main villain; the main villain despite total evil and craziness is basically a good guy who dies by his own hand; both movies end with Harry Osborn moving in the direction of villainry.

2) The CGI is terrible.

3) The characters don't follow any sort of comic book conventions. Liike Spiderman shouldn't be as strong as Doctor Octopus, but he's way faster. These strengths and weaknesses should have come into play in the fight on the train, where Doc Oc matched Spiderman's speed and strength the whole time. In the comic book, Spiderman wouldn't have been able to hurt or to contain Doc Oc, but would have run circles around him. Instead, we got two identical CGI characters bashing away at one another.

4) Kirsten Dunst didn't stand in the rain in a summer dress with no bra. Not once.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size