• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Currying Flavor

#1 User is offline   Jen & Nate Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

Tonight, I decided to make something a little different. I was inspired by a recipe by Mark Bittman (warning: the link takes you to the New York Times page which annoyingly forces you to log in to read it and it's super annoying).

I didn't follow the recipe too closely but here's what I did: I made a makeshift ghee (by heating equal parts safflower oil and whole butter) then browned some garlic and ginger. After that I put some roughly chopped onion in the pan, cooked it down, then put in a few teaspoons of curry powder. Then I tossed in some leftover raw potatoes. I let that cook down for a bit before adding a can of potatoes and cooked that down. Then I added most of a can of lite coconut milk. After cooking the whole pot until the potatoes were tender I added a good amount of diced light and dark turkey meat and some leftover boiled turnip chunks and a good handful of baby spinach.

I served it with some plain white rice with butter and chopped green onion. Overall I was pretty happy with how this turned out.

For beer I tried the new Winter Ale from Blue Point Brewing Company to keep with tradition and stay a solid month ahead of the season.

And so it is that we enter the next week with leftovers losing this round. Better luck during the next holiday, fools!

View the full article

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic