Chefelf.com Night Life: The Clone Wars Animated Series - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

The Clone Wars Animated Series a pleasant surprise!

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

So, I now own season 1 and 2 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (not Star Wars Clone Wars, which is ass) I really have to reccomend this series. It's well animated, done by the guy responsible for Samurai Jack, and it tends to mix things up a bit so the series is difficult to pigeon hole. Some episodes don't even feature any Jedi, and yet they're still interesting. Of course, Jar Jar appears sometimes, which is unfortunate, but those episodes are mercifully few and the rest are good Star Wars fun.

While I'm reccomending products, go buy the Revenge of the Sith video game, it has a versus mode in it and it's kinda fun. And while you're at it, get yourself a Force FX lightsaber. They're so sweet if you and a friend each have one, or half a dozen, because you can really spar with them.

Oh look, George Lucas is here with my check, gotta go!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

wait, the one where Anakin has an apprentice or somesuch?
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#3 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

That's the one. They really do a better job portrating Anakin in the cartoon than in the movies, he seems like a more real character somehow.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#4 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

i'll check it out some more. started watching the first ep. then my internet decided to play dumb with me.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

It gets good in the second season when JarJar disappears. The first season has a few episodes with him and then they stopped that foolishness. What I found most surprising was that episodes focusing on Padme or just some random clone troopers were as entertaining as the ones where the Jedi were dueling Asajj Ventress!

#6 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

Well, I've gotten about halfway through season 2, and you're right, it really is pretty good. Besides a few technical details I think it's a pretty solid cartoon, probably one of the better ones to come out this decade. Anakin seems waay more realistic. Him straying towards the darkside seems a lot more reasonable when you see him playing "bad cop".

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

I think the way they handle Anakin is leaps and bounds over the prequels, and far more mature, which is impressive for a cartoon. He had like one justifiable dark side thing in the prequels, where he kills all the sand people for his mommy. That's it, but in the cartoon series not only do we see him and Obi Wan and the other Jedi actually hanging out and being pals, but the things Anakin does are things we'd all do. Are the Jedi wrong for not doing those things? Is Anakin right? Who knows, it really presents some great moral questions, and though you can see him deviating from the Jedi path, its a lot harder to condemn what he does than in ROTS.

#8 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Anakin is more real in the animated series than in the prequels because there's less CGI in the animated series than in the prequels.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#9 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

That's probably true, sadly... I also think the voice actors for the animated series were better guided, I admit it started off abysmally with the Clone Wars movie, and season 1 had its misses, but season 2 is all good stuff, and season 3 is shaping up to look even better. Another thing the Clone Wars series has for it is that Lucas isnt trying in his hamfisted fashion to tell us what Anakin is doing/feeling. "Oh, Anakin is conflicted. Anakin is hanging out with the chancelor cuz they said so. Anakin is angry. Anakin is a sad Jedi." The cartoon actually focuses on him more as a person and a character than as a stupid plot point in a retarded prophecy. One reviewer that I listened to actually pointed out that the Clone Wars series completely justifies everything Obi Wan says about Anakin in New Hope, which is good because, until seeing that series, Obi Wan would have been more accurate in saying "I knew your father, we sort of talked to eachother occasionally during the Clone Wars and he was a moody douchebag"

#10 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:56 AM

So, anyone else checked out the series? Chefelf, I'm looking in your direction.

Season 3 is made of win. The Dooku-Ventress vendetta alone just sold the DVD set to me, and that hasnt even been released yet.

#11 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:48 AM

I keep seeing the preview ads but... nah. Nah. Nah...

The Prequel Trilogy and all those things connected to it just aren't my thing. Plus, from what I've seen, I don't particularly like the graphic style, but that's just me.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

Give it a chance Gobbler, with season 3 you cant go wrong! This cartoon is easily better than any of the prequels. I would venture to say that this is how the prequels should have been handled.

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

WHADDAFUCK IS DARTH MAUL DOING IN MY CLONE WARS???

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size