Chefelf.com Night Life: Favorite Character - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Favorite Character In the entire Star Wars saga.

#1 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:53 PM

I would say its a tie for me between Darth Vader and Obi-wan kenobi. But I like han solo and luke a lot to. Hell they're all cool.

#2 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 17 2004, 11:53 PM)
I would say its a tie for me between Darth Vader and Obi-wan kenobi. But I like han solo and luke a lot to. Hell they're all cool.

My vote is for OT Yoda. I don't much like the way he is portrayed in the PT, but much admired the OT character. He's closely followed by Chewbacca.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#3 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:03 AM

I gotta role my money on OT Obi Wan. Followed by Yoda. R2 gets honorable mention for being able to define his character and personality by using only variations of the word "beep".

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#4 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:58 AM

Han Solo. Nuff said.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#5 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

Qui Gon Jinn

#6 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Dec 18 2004, 03:31 AM)
Qui Gon Jinn

WTF?
I am the Fisher King.

#7 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:12 AM

Qui Gon Jinn (for a second time)

#8 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:43 AM

I always had a soft spot for Obi-Wan, pretty much the only character in the entire OT with a British accent who isn't evil.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#9 User is offline   azerty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:52 AM

You said it Jariten. Qui Gonn Jinn for me too. (Outside anybody in the original of course)

I said my reasons in another thread, but just to continue the boredom (do you realize the over half of all threads in the first 5 pages of this forum have been started by Lord Aquaman!!!), here is why.

Qui Gonn is endearingly wooden. He is quietly rebellious. He doesn't get exctited about anything. He gets the job done. He dislikes Jar Jar, but tolerates him. He fights with his light saber and doesn't talk while he is doing it. He has the dignity to die and to stay dead. He is basically super cool - coolest of any of the Jedi so far. I mean, Luke is a bit of a whiner, and then an irritatingly ineffective Jedi. Mace Windu holds his lightsaber like a girl. Yoda is a gibbering fool. Annakin is a wanker. The jedi council are jam tarts. Those little kid jedis, well let's just say I wish Annakin would do a Sand People on them. Obi wan is excellent of course, but only in the original and in Phantom Menace. (Have I mentioned that Phantom Menace doesn't suck yet by the way?)

and finally, one of Qui Gonn's very first lines is --- "I don't sense anything."

THANK GOD! That should be enough for any of you guys.

#10 User is offline   Mad Rabbit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Movies, Reading, Drawing, Lots o' stuff.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:12 PM

Wedge! I don't know why, but I just like Wedge, he may not of had a lot of screen time, but he's the only pilot other than the main cast of characters that didn't get blown to pieces whenever they had an interior shot of a rebel cockpit. Plus HE was the one that blew up the 2nd death star, how Lando got the credit for that after Wedge had so obviously fired the first shots is beyond me. Anyway honorable mention goes to Porkins, just because he was aptly named.

#11 User is offline   azerty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, Porkins never made a fuss either. 10 points.

Slightly off the subject, I was watching "All Creatures great and Small", the old 1978 British veterinarian TV series, and General Dodonna plays one of the vets, Ewan Ross. Seeing him with is arm elbow deep up a cows ass was kind of fun.

Not only that, but the X wing pilot who says "the guns, they've stopped" in the original, plays Boy Mulcaster in "Brideshead Revisited", also from the late 70's. Nice to see actors with a life after Star Wars...

#12 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:41 PM

Wedge is my favorite character in all the Star Wars material, like in the EU books and comics and video games, though I don't think he can be counted in the movies, since he has such a small role.

The fact is, saying of the entire saga makes it very difficult. I would say Darth Vader, but seeing that he was an annoying little shit when he was younger, I don't like him as much anymore.

My favorite is Luke. I'm a Luke guy, not a Han guy. I think Hamill did a great job and is very underrated, making a great transformation from naive, idealistic farmboy to cocky but immature Jedi-in-training to calm, collected, and powerful Jedi. His character arc is done very nicely throughout the trilogy, and his acting complements it very well. Solo, while a great character in his own right, basically stays the same, becoming a bit more mature and trusting, maybe, but does not really change too much. And ROTJ does bring him down a bit.

Luke's exp​ression at Vader's pyre in ROTJ shows a level of acting Christensen couldn't touch, and it gets me every time.

#13 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:07 PM

I have too much time on my hands.

Should Wedge get his own movie?
I am the Fisher King.

#14 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:35 PM

A Wedge movie? "Star Wars: The Rogue Squadron"? I don't know, but I think there's a good chance we'll get to see an Antilles in the TV-series though. Considering Lucas strong tendency to include recognizable OT-material in the PT my prediction for episode III is this little scene:

Annoying little kid playing in the cockpit of a pre X-Wing fighter: "Zap! Zap! I wanna be a pilot just like you dad!"
Proud orange-clad pilot: "Hahaha, yes little Wedge, I'm sure you'll become one of the greatest pilots in the galaxy."
Annoying kid: "That would be wizard!"

#15 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:56 PM

Vwing-- I think your overrating marks acting ability. Hayden can perform good to. Just you wait til episode 3.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size