Chefelf.com Night Life: Love at first site - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Love at first site

#1 User is offline   The Soul American Fan Of Yahtzee Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Plotting for world domination, a passtime inspired by Yahtzee's quest for the same... I already have a friggin' death ray. Or I could just be some American dude that has nothing to do but sit here and bitch about stuff in his free time... you pick

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:36 AM

I just thought it would be interesting to find out how many of my fellow fans of Fully Ramblomatic found out about the site.
I happened upon it one day as I was searching the internet for reviews of Freddy vs. Jason before I wasted my money watching some crap movie. Of course the internet being the stupidity it is, gave me Yahtz's review of the Friday the 13th game and I read it anyway and it was hilarious! I've been hooked ever since.

#2 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:36 AM

Short version, link by link:

-My regular haunt, wargames forum
-8-Bit Theatre thread
-Lance and Eskimo link
-Maxwells Silver Hammer review
-General red-capped complaination... rolleyes.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#3 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:02 PM

I found it a few years ago (I think it was around March or April of 2001) by accident when I was looking for information on the Nightmare on Elm Street series. I came across his review for Dream Warriors, thought it was funny as hell, and decided to explore a bit. Then I clicked the link leading to Yahtzee Takes on the World, and was instantly hooked.

I think it took me a quite while to gather enough nerve to step into the forums though...
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#4 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:05 PM

I've been Yahtzee hooked since his first AGS games, got into the comic on the first week and been Yahtzeeholic ever since!

Took me longer to get into the forums than Janey though.

#5 Guest_Owyn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:18 AM

My firend was talking to me on MSN and started going on about waffles and panties, so i read the link he send me, loved it, read the pre-meditated flowchart, loved it, then remembered my friends going on ages ago about some Yahtzee comic, so i gave that a read, realised Yahtzee is the greatest comedian of all time, and was since then I've liked the British.

#6 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:51 AM

As for me, I first got into me when I first left the AGS community. Before then I was kind of a twat.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#7 User is offline   SkinnedAlive Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:45 AM

I found the Rob Blanc site through a link on the AGS website and kept checking back for updates. Then I started following the comics and when the comics finished, FR.

#8 User is offline   The Soul American Fan Of Yahtzee Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Plotting for world domination, a passtime inspired by Yahtzee's quest for the same... I already have a friggin' death ray. Or I could just be some American dude that has nothing to do but sit here and bitch about stuff in his free time... you pick

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:48 AM

and was since then I've liked the British.

yes, I must admit that before Fully Ramblomatic I was completely ignorant as to the customs, traditions and lifestyles of the british... and I must also admit that now that I have been reading the site for awhile, I'm still completely ignorant in all of those fields.... but I have discovered that at least one Brit makes a damned funny comedic genious [ can't speak for the rest of the british as I haven't met them]

#9 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:33 PM

blink.gif Um...Um...Ah...Ee...Umm. *hits head hard* think...think...think...think...

I came into being one day, and I really can't remember how I found Yahtz... I stayed mostly because I was impressed by Yahtz's use of grammar and spelling. With all the stupidity rampant throughout websites these days, I'm forever cringing at improper usages of languages (Yes, I know I've been corrupted by it as is shown through my use of ellipses and smilies >_<). I stuck around to read/play all of his articles, comics, games, and otherwise. Then...poof...I was posting on the forums. huh.gif
I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

#10 User is offline   The Soul American Fan Of Yahtzee Icon

• New Cop

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:15 PM

I got in the forums simply so I could make others hear my bad jokes

#11 Guest_Little princess_*

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:17 PM

I've always thought the British had the most innovative humour in the world. Python, Red Dwarf, Black Adder, League of Gentlemen etc. Since then I've listened to tapes of The Goon Shows from the 1950s...radio shows...hilarious.

They take the piss out of themselves better than anyone, and out of everyone else of course...like Yahtzee. That's why I love him.

#12 User is offline   The Soul American Fan Of Yahtzee Icon

• New Cop

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:19 PM

yes, we take ourselves much too seriously... that's why the brits have more fun

This post has been edited by TheSoulAmericanFanOfYahtzee: 11 April 2004 - 07:19 PM

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, those Birts have a great old time.

The Brits are far more serious.

(sorry Soley)

PS Found Yahtzee on recommendation.

#14 Guest_Little princess_*

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

Did it again...that was me.

Might have to think about registering and giving up my independence.

Can't think of an appropriate avatar.

#15 User is offline   The Soul American Fan Of Yahtzee Icon

• New Cop

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

do like me, bum one off FR

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size