• Last »

God Any christians on the forums?

#376 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:55 AM

Brain dead chimpanzee, what's your point about OT being brutal? The rest of your ramblings are not worth reading in full.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#377 User is offline   Hermetical Harry Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:55 AM

Hmmm...there are many things in the page since my last post that I would like to speak on. First of all, no-one really answered my questions, which were admittedly only semi-coherent and written at the end of a 20 hour day. Let me try and pose them in a less convoluted and non-sensical way. Why did god, having spent several thousand years intervening in the life of man, cease to do so at about the time of writing of the bible? We have not improved as a race since then. why did he see fit to punish the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah so violently and visibly while they remained on this world and sbsequently decide to put off punishing everyone else until this so called apocalypse?

God cannot be as good and friendly as you try and make him out to be, he created evil. As good as all the supposed good he created is, he created everything, and that includes evil, doughnuts, lupin flowers, and homosexuality. if anyone is a sinner, its god. If he was anywhere near as good as he supposedly wants us to be, he wouldn't have created the universe. That was a really fucking bad idea. Think of all the evil that came of that decision. He effectively created everything without any reason at all, and proceded to torment and torture some of the things he created, while showering other creations in joy and happpiness. All totally arbitrarily. It's like if i bred two rabbits and jabbed one with a stick till it died while I fed the other well and kept it in wonderfully clean little hutch with a little it of gold garnish, and maybe a tiny rabbit spa pool. For no reason but to see if the other rabbit was stil friendly at the end of its short life. I know this analogy doesn't make sense, but i like analogies.

Secondly, it strikes me as somewhat incongrous with all the other imagery of god being benevolent and desiring us to repent and accept him and jesus to gain entry of heaven, that god would decide that if you havn't had a chance to even be in contact with jesus or his dispcicles that you would go to hell. Why would a benevlent god sentence entire cultures of people to hell just for having been created by him in a different place and created less progressive than other cultures he created?

The christian idea of god does not sit well with me. If there is a god, he's not the contradictory god set forth by the bible. I prefer to think there are two! Fuck occam's razor.

In any case, fuck going to heaven, how boring would that be? Forever? I could not be consoled with regard to the after life by the likes of heaven. I'd like my life to be interesting, not safe and secure. I get as much more satisfaction overcoming the bad in my life than I do from the happy secure parts. I'd try and escape from hell. Send me to hell. I'd have eternity to try and escape, and the pain wouldn't really get me down because as painful as it is, all i'd have to look foward to in hell is more pain. So why not risk more pain and try and escape? What are they gonna do if they catch me? Send me to hell? Kill me? I'm invincible. I'm a supraman. I'm a bonafide, three-fisted, humdinger. Shit I'm so hot for myself right now.

When I was 14, and I said something stupid, people told me I was stupid. Like, "some homosexuals feel guilt" No they fucking don't. What shoukld they feel guilty about? Nothing, unless its child molestation, and certain followers of christ have had a problem with that. If they homosexuals do feel guilty about their sexuality, its only because of the warped world view that is put forth by people who say ridiculous things like "Homosexuality is a sin and homosexuals should be guilty"

Im off to self-flagellate.

#378 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:59 AM

Brain dead chimpanzee huh. Jordan go back and read it again, the Whole Thing. I didn't say the OT was brutal. One thing that I was trying to prove (And now I actually have to say this like a slap to the face.) is that God can has made and does make MISTAKES. Do you want to know what keeps happening throughout the OT, and why it seems so violent? The people keep saying "Screw you God, we don't need you anymore!". The best part is that the people are so wrong it is abysmal. The truth is, is that the people do need God (especially back then). God usually wiped out most of the sinners, and kept whoever was still good. This is because God loved His creation so much that he could not bear to see it completely destroyed, especially by His own hand (doing). That is one of the biggest points of the OT.

I was rambling a ton though, and I apologize for that. I shall try to refrain from doing so in the future.

Harry, here is an answer for you. All throughout the OT, God does a lot of "intervening in the life of man". He is showing these people miracles of all sorts and they are still turning their backs on Him. So what makes you think it would be at all different today? I'll bet that it wouldn't be. People would probably be skeptical, and have the gall to ask God to prove himself. I should know. I have asked him to prove himself even in the littlest way to me. Needless to say, I didn't get a response for that one (I had a lot less faith than I do now). Even when Jesus was around dishing out miracles left and right many people were quite skeptical of him (They had him killed for crying out loud. It was meant to happen, but that still doesn't excuse what they did). Even the apostles questioned Jesus from time to time. They were right along side the Son of Man for the most part, and still had a hard time. So, maybe, just maybe, God thought wow, I am presenting myself to these people and they still aren't getting it right. Maybe I'm doing this the wrong way. Hmm ... perhaps a new approach is in order. What if people have to go on almost only faith alone? Maybe I could do just little things for everyone instead of the big stuff.

Okay, why God tends to dis other cultures and what not. For some God only knows reason, His good idea of a curse was making it affect many of your descendants. This was especially true of those that turned their backs to him. Therefore, if these people's ancestors had been doing the right thing, they would probably have been worshipping God. Maybe (as stated in my last post) time is different for God, and when someone makes a major offense He curses entire generations instead of one person (Why He does this, I have no idea, and it is beyond my ability to comprehend. Maybe it was another mistake because I'm not sure if He still does that one nowadays.). Also, I am quite sure that plenty of "God's chosen people" (a.k.a. the Jews) didn't make it to heaven. Read through the OT and try to count how many times they fuck up. And when I say fuck up, I mean Fuck Up. Look at what lengths God goes to punish them for their collective stupidity.

On a final note, I wonder if we get a reincarnation option? I know that somewhere that Bible says that heaven is so wonderful, that God shows you things each greater than the last. I know it is in there somewhere, but I have no idea where though.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#379 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:27 AM

Ooh, Ooh, I almost forgot. I came across a fun filled quote that I think you all might enjoy. It isn’t meant to be taken literally, and it is something good to think about.

"If you meet the Enlightened One on the road, kill him" - Li Peng

Please ponder it as you may. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on what it means. happy.gif
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#380 User is offline   Hermetical Harry Icon

• New Cop

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:18 AM

Well, from what I can gather, then, that only proves his inherent evil side. Why curse the descendants of sinners? How is that going to punish the sinners? Or anyone for that matter? Thats just silly. And if he didn't know that people who were created by him were going to be skeptical of his existence, then not only is he not omniscient, it's entirely possible he isn't onmipotent either. If he created people, and watched over their development and was suprised by their appparent skepticism in the face of blatant evidence of his existence, then he obviously was unable to make them like he wanted...IE not complete idiots.

I repeat, god, if there is such an enitity, is not the god of the grossly contradictory bible.

In other news, I would feel cheated if I got reincarnated.

#381 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

is that God can has made and does make MISTAKES

So you blame the worlds problems on God? Technically speaking God has the authority to kill every one, and it would be just. Who the hell could argue with a divine being? He wouldn't be God if you could challenge him and be right, even slightly right. I guess it sounds silly to you since most people only like to think of a loving God, not a just or angry one. Apparently he's not allowed to do that.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 14 August 2005 - 09:34 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#382 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:08 PM

I maintain that the reason the universe is like it is is that God is actually a crazy woman. All hail Eris! All hail Discordia! May your hot dogs never taste of beak and claw.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#383 User is offline   Hermetical Harry Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Aug 15 2005, 02:32 AM)
(1)So you blame the worlds problems on God?  (2)Technically speaking God has the authority to kill every one, and it would be just.  (3)Who the hell could argue with a divine being?  (4)He wouldn't be God if you could challenge him and be right, even slightly right. 

1) Yes. Apparently, he created everything, and so is cause of everything. This includes all the worlds problems and all sins.

2)How so? That doesn't exactly agree with the belief in his omnibenevolence held and espoused by most christians. And if this is the case, then i should be allowed to create clones, and hen arbitrarily destroy them, And it would be just, as long as I wrote a book telling them how to live.

3)Me. I challenge god to take me on in a formal debate about his existence.

4)Exactly my point. If he can be challenged, he musn't exist as he is supposed to exist by christians, and people have been challenging him for a hell of a long time. What the hell is slightly right?

The christian god is a hypocritical nut job. He doesn't exist. Some other gods exist. Like I said before, fuck Occam's razor. I'm sure of it. I think one of them is in orbit of Saturn. The other one lives down the road from me.

#384 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:16 AM

Jordan, did you read the entire post? Did you even bother to go back and read my first post (the whole thing)? If you won't bother to read everything, then don't bother to respond. It just sounds like you read up until the first thing you disagree with. Unless I am wrong, and there are some things you don't understand. If that is the case, just ask me to clarify. Please just let me know. That said, do you really think that I believe it is all God's fault? Oh please, it would be ignorant to do so.

Harry, if you have a teenager going to college who, through driving drunk with his friends, kills someone, are you going to blame the parents? Are you thinking the kid wasn't raised well? Well, here is a two-word answer, peer pressure.

Inherently evil? Is it evil for someone to tell what he or she believed to be the truth, even though they are wrong? Technically they are not lying, because for lying you have to knowingly not tell the truth. Don't take this at face value contemplate it a little. Still, I already said I don't know what the point of cursing people who aren't even alive yet is. Maybe it is to reinforce the idea, and is used as a preventive measure.

Jordan, I do think that He is sometimes just and angry. He gets me back for the stupid stuff that I do all of the time. They usually come in the I just managed to hurt and/or make a fool of myself variety, and always right after. This also happens when I pray to do well on a test that I didn't study for or to get out of a speeding ticket. It never happens. I would have no respect for Him if He did not do these things/have them happen to me. I only said He was so loving, because He didn't destroy everyone, and trust me, He had plenty of reason to do so.

Slade, if you've got some background info on this "goddess" of yours, maybe we can debate about her to. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy the chance to tear her apart, or is this "goddess" of yours just something that you made up?

Jordan, maybe if you spent more time debating and less time coming up with clever insults, we could actually get somewhere. If you have noticed, I put your first one on my signature. Maybe you have read all of the way down this time.

Did no one read my neat little quote sad.gif ? I was really looking forward to what anyone had to say about it.

#385 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:07 AM

Well, you can start here, maybe read up on it here.

Remember, King Kong died for your sins.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#386 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:04 AM

Yay, another person who read the whole post. (Still nothin back from Jordan. I'm gettin impatient. My panties are in a twist.) Also, I love it when people actually have references to back up their veiws.

Not to be an asshole but the main site, and consequently the book seems really rambly. I shall go back and read some more later.
wikipedia was a bit more helpful though.

Hmm... *quickly picks up dictionary and finds definition for discord* It basically means people not agreeing with each other. Synonyms include strife and conflict. Taken in the context of the religion it sounds like everything is complete and utter chaos. How is having any laws whatsoever chaotic? Law is the polar opposite of chaos. Explain that one. Secondly, how did any of those people agree with each other?

Here is something, I wouldn't call Math and the Sciences entirely chaotic (Damn those imaginary numbers. If they aren't real how the fuck do you use them in real calculations?). If I decapitate someone, I'm pretty sure that they are dead (If not I am freakin runin faster than a bat outta Hell). If I go to New York City and start calling every black person I see a nigger, I know that I will be dead very soon (its only an example, not something that I would ever consider calling anyone). Well, so much for the utter freakin chaos.

Slade please correct me if I am utterly wrong.
I do believe that your goddess is a kitten killer. Look around on other topics for what I mean, you will find it. If you have trouble just let me know and I shall repeat myself

Finally, did my quote totally suck ass? No one has put down anything about it.

#387 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

Of course I didn't read the entire post, which post was that?. I'm so confused now I don't know where I am, what my name is, or what I'm doing.

I don't disagree with your last post, I think. Maybe I meant the insult at harry. What are we talking about here?

#388 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:12 PM

Umm ... Your name is Jordan, I think. I read the entire topic in one day. On pages 24 and 25, the topic gets kinda scrambly, like scrambled eggs (Mmm food).My first post is on the bottom of page 25. I was rambling a lot and I guess I didn’t get my point across (I may come up with a rewrite). Then you responded with what I am pretty sure was an insult directed at myself. I composed my argument and tried to answer what Harry has been asking as well. He posted, and then you went after the both of us, quoting me but mostly going after Harry. Both Harry and I argued back, and I have also started to analyze Slade's goddess. He gave me some sites to look at, and I have posted back to him this morning. I am still waiting to see what Slade has to say about it. What I am trying to do is do a better job at proving points that I agree with (other ones that I have seen on this topic).

#389 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

i would respond but like jordan, im super confused.

eh, what the hell. God, i have had many doubts about him, but i think i mentioned last time that without good there can be no evil. think about it. God creates man. he wants them to have the freedom of choice. so therfore he cant make them not have the capacitie to do evil for with out evil what is the definition of good? he gave us the option to do evil so that if we had resisted the temptation, we would have been good. but we arent. we sinned in the Garden and sin, like a disease, has spread through the generations of man for over 10000 years. God hates sin, why woudnt he, its against him. but he created us perfect, we chose to sin. he obviously created the angels with the ability to challenge him, or else satan wouldnt be.

As for the actual bible. here's my opinion. how can a book be totally true if it says in itself that it is all true. Be like me writing a book, and saying in the book that the book is all true. It kinds of contradicts itself.

This post has been edited by Revan-47: 16 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#390 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

i don't think contradiction is the correct word. but i know what you're saying.

it's like refusing to take a lie detecter test on the grounds that you can save everyone time by asking them to beleive you.

• (77 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size