Page 1 of 1

"Wesa got a grand army" Gungan military

#1 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

So why do the Gungans have an army?

There's some implication that the Gungans have fought with the Nubians. For example, when Boss Nass holds up the big glowing ball at the end of the movie he shouts, "PEACE!", which I took to be an announcement of reconciliation between the Gungans and the Nubians. But the Nubians don't have any Army, although they do seem to have an Air Force (for whatever reason.) So how did they fight?

We see the Gungan army in action against the droids. We must admit that it's fairly well equipped, even to the point of having weapons (the "boomers") that seem to be designed especially to take down electronic equipment. Why would they have those?

#2 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

Yeah. I think the Naboo (I sound like a fanboy, but I most say that the ship was called Nubian because it came from the planet Nubia, not Naboo) fought wars with the Gungans. Then the Gungans as the pussies they are, went to hide in the lake. The Naboo no longer have an army because they have been a long time without fighting a war, but the Gungans had an army prepared to kill the Naboo.

After the invasion of Naboo, the Gungans and the Naboo became friends. smile.gif

Man, I sound like a fanboy. I can be a good fanboy imitator like Otal.

This post has been edited by SithAvenger: 12 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#3 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:41 PM

You think you got what it takes to handle the idiocy?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#4 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

You'd think they'd have a Navy. Not like the Imperial Navy, of course.

The Naboo is a word for everything. Race, Country, Planet, collective group and always singular.

The Gungan's water craft didn't appear to have weapons. Did the Naboo ships have guns? the only non-annie thing I remember was the one that took off from the cliff and then went right into a death spiral.

But of course, ALDeraan was the peaceful planet.

#5 User is offline   jerfus17 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

Why do the Gungans have an army?? Hmmmm...?

A very good question, but to get to the root of this, you have to ask a lot more questions and the then the answer will present itself. Here are some to ponder ....

Why do the Gungans have the brains to build super-sophisticated underwater cities, submarines that can withstand the immense pressures of the planet's core, and giant force fields that can block laser fire, BUT they run around with no shoes, ride around on featherless ostritches, and throw glowing blobs of blue-goop with primative slings and catapults?

If they don't like, and stay away from the Naboo (humans), THEN why do they speak Basic (English) all the time and why is the "Gungan Sacred Place" filled with giant statues of human faces?

If Gungans are a species that live primarily under the water, then WHY do they have feet like a rhino, long gangley arms, and ears that would put Dumbo to shame?

If Boss Nass is a Gungan, HOW come he looks nothing like any other member of his race?

Slowly but surely, the pieces start to come together and you have to stop and say .. "Gee, none of this stuff makes any sense does it?" That's because no thought whatsoever was put into the making of any of these new Star Wars films. Lucas just wanted to sell a bunch of toys to little kids, so he and his cronies just threw whatever first popped into their heads on screen, with no thought to environment, evolution, soceital structure, anatomy ... anything.
The trend goes through all 3 films ... take the Genosian bug boys from Ep2 for instance -

They have high-tech droid making factories, super sonic-blasters, and even invented the Death Star!! YET, they run around in grass skirts with cattle prods and live inside steam vents. Yeah .... right.

So, (sorry about all the tangents smile.gif ) why do the Gungans have an army? Simply cause our pal George came to that point in the story and said "Well, I need to have a big ground battle here, so I guess I'll stick in a Gungan army to take on the droids, ... yeah that sounds good, everyone will love that!" And, so he did.

The point is, no thought was put into any of this stuff. Lucas just wanted to fill the big screen with as many computer generated Gungans as possible to sell as many toys as possible. sad.gif
- helping to bring down the Lucas empire ... one post at a time.

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

part and parcel.

funny.

#7 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

If they don't like, and stay away from the Naboo (humans), THEN why do they speak Basic (English) all the time and why is the "Gungan Sacred Place" filled with giant statues of human faces?

In my rewrites I have answers for all of those questions....
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size