Chefelf.com Night Life: Umm.. Locking threads randomly? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Umm.. Locking threads randomly?

#1 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:06 AM

I really have no idea what that howard dean thread was locked. Nobody was spamming/flaming at all.... it was just a normal discussion/debate going. Nice way of overusing your powers as a mod though...

Especially from someone who quote unquote thinks America is imperialistic and thinks Bush is a tyrant. OH THE IRONY thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Renegade: 06 July 2005 - 12:08 AM

#2 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:34 AM

I dunno man, I'm totally against unecessary lockings and so forth, but that one had really run its course. The donkey died long, long ago, and its corpse was getting all mangled and mutilated with the ceaseless floggings. Poor donkey.

I don't see why it had to be deleted/moved though. That was pretty pointless.

*kicks Slade*

#3 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:12 AM

I believe that this would put all those pages into a simple picture.

The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#4 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:49 AM

still have seen no valid reason for that thread being closed AND deleted lmao

#5 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:04 AM

Yeah, it's too much to have a point/counter-point meaningful discussion, but it's OK to go on like a bunch of jack ass geeks about a pirate trip. This forum reeks of insider bias.

Why have a debate forum at all?

#6 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:53 AM

For civilised debate. The sort with your aformentioned point\counter point discussions. When a debate turns into name calling (look to the current god debate for a good example.) everyone stops discussing the matter at hand and just starts flaming for the sake of saving face.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#7 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:56 AM

The point is that thread WASNT like that..

#8 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:08 AM

I was answering HS' point there, but from an ex-trolls viewpoint, it had a number of sparks which looked set to go off. Secondly there's that big bad 'report' button; know what happens when you push that?

So if someone found your 'debate' offensive\in breach of the rules. It could have died. Try and rememeber that it's not just the posters who read the threads.

Start another debate if you want,nyour bitching here only seems to serve the purpose of taking cheap shots, but stop whining about the moderator, because Slade does a damn fine job of a near impossible task round here.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#9 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:39 AM

Down with the fascists! Vive la revolution!

#10 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:39 PM

Maybe they have had it with your renegade ways, Renegade. Maybe choosing the name Renegade gave away your plans in advance.

#11 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:42 PM

That thread was good. I've been here for a long time, and very seldom do threads get locked or people get banned. I'd say practically never.

I was enjoying the read. It moved me from the SW forums, which don't seem to stimulate me any more (nobody replies to my threads in there).

Bring back dean!

Laughlyn - Slade always gives warning prior to that kind of thing. If he did do it, why not a warning? He's given way more warnings than banning/deletings.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 06 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#12 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

I was enjoying the debate too. But if you have a heated political discussion, some people will get angry. Maybe someone got ahold of Slade's password. Maybe the government deleted it. Maybe I'm paranoid.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 06 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#13 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jul 6 2005, 09:42 PM)
Laughlyn - Slade always gives warning prior to that kind of thing.  If he did do it, why not a warning?  He's given way more warnings than banning/deletings.

Your half along the lines of my point (I think I lost it midway myself). No-one knows it was slade either, I'm pretty sure Hecc has overall mod rights, so does Chefelf, and the robotic cat. It could have been them, it could be an error in the board server for all we know at this time.

I was more getting at Renegades idiotic assumption that the mod is corrupt with no evidence other than that he disagreed with him.
IPB Image

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

i couldn't be bothered looking at the thread in question... so i don't know what happened...

the important thing is that i'm here now...

and i er...

have nothing to say.

#15 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jul 6 2005, 04:57 PM)
Your half along the lines of my point (I think I lost it midway myself). No-one knows it was slade either, I'm pretty sure Hecc has overall mod rights, so does Chefelf, and the robotic cat. It could have been them, it could be an error in the board server for all we know at this time.

I was more getting at Renegades idiotic assumption that the mod is corrupt with no evidence other than that he disagreed with him.

I was on the forums when he closed it and before he did he made a comment saying it was out of hand and that it was being closed, then he proceeded to PM me saying why, so no i didn't accuse him of locking it because he "disagreed" with me. I don't know why guys come up with these conclusions without knowning the full story or even bothering to read my original post.

The part about the bottom wasn't me accusing him of closing it because he disagreed with me, I just found it interestingly ironic that someone who prides himself in defending supposid rights and opposition to Bush that he himself given power in a small scale forum, doesn't particularly like too much freedom of speech. It wasn't anything more than that.

As for the actual thread, I still haven't seen any reason to why it was closed AND deleted... especially considering the other threads that are going about that are far worst in content.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked