• (2 Pages)
  • +

European Constitution Yes or no?

#16 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:40 AM

Goodness, LM, don't try to engage SPQR in a civilised discussion. He talks incoherent gibberish. His "arguments" are a mixture of random catchy truisms. "Look what EURO didt o France anf Germany" What, exactly? Godzillas run the streets or what? Except being dubber Teuro by Germans, I can't see any bad effects.

Single currency rocks.

And I'd rather have Brussels politicians than the absolutely corrupt local guys.

#17 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jun 2 2005, 06:40 AM)
Goodness, LM, don't try to engage SPQR in a civilised discussion. He talks incoherent gibberish. His "arguments" are a mixture of random catchy truisms. "Look what EURO didt o France anf Germany" What, exactly? Godzillas run the streets or what? Except being dubber Teuro by Germans,  I can't see any bad effects.

Single currency rocks.

And I'd rather have Brussels politicians than the absolutely corrupt local guys.

Listen, Ms. Corvax, I never said "look what Euro did to France and Germany", that was your fellow Pole! Time for TOEFL! Random catchy truisms? I never complained about a single currency. Again, do not put words in my mouth. <edit>INSERT CHILDISH AND RACIST INSULT HERE</edit>

Edit: Cheers!
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

This post has been edited by Slade: 02 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#18 User is offline   ForceHippo Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (SPQR @ Jun 1 2005, 03:47 PM)
Well, the US used to be a confederation of states with a weak central government, now look?

An example: The state of NY refused to raise the drinking age from 18 to 21 despite federal pressure from DC. NY said it was an issue for the state governments to decide. DC said, that's fine, you can decide while we cut off all your federal highway funds. NY acquiesced.

Now pretend Italy says, well we are going to continue to partially subsidize (i'm just making this up now) the structural upkeep of churches in Rome, as they are historic architectural works and have cultural value. Brussels says OK you can use your government euros for that, but we're going to cut off funds for infrastructure improvements until you stop. Italy decides not to subsidize, they fall into disrepair and a Saudi decides to buy the condemned building and renovates it as a Wahabi Mosque of peace.  Bye, bye states rights, bye bye history, culture...
hello New World Order!

Hello Franco!
It seems as if my previous remark was not that far off. In the above argument you go from talking about the flaws of federalism only to conclude that you are afraid of Arabs. Many of your arguments have the taint of rascism, but the above was much more clear. To conclude, you are a pathetic little man and you are afraid of foreigners for no valid reason. Thus, there is no reason whatsoever to dignify anything you have to say with a reply.

#19 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

I am sorry, it was indeed not SPQR who said "what EURO did to Gremany/France.", but neither it was "my fellow Pole" (It was Girdag Fireskull, and I don't think he is a Pole).

However, I am not taking back anything else. If "Free trade has been a failed experiment for developed countries, and a windfall for multinationals and profiteers" and "1000% tax" is not a catchy truism these days, the I don't know what is.

SPQR, if you take the attitude of talking down to people of other nationalities, as you seem to have adopted, then I suggest you look for other sources of entertainment than derailing this forum.

I believe we've already had an encounter in SW forum over you calling unspecified people "Ever-cowering nerds".

It's been the first time in this formum that somebody offended me for both my knowledge of English and nationality. I suggest you take it back.

#20 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:03 PM

Indeed, this attitude is pretty annoying.

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:55 PM

Aye... Some people don't learn their lessons very well. It's quite sad.

Carry on, people. Pay no attention to the anti-social Internet dwellers behind the avatars.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size