Chefelf.com Night Life: What do you want from Return of the Sith? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

What do you want from Return of the Sith? No idea can be too stupid

#1 User is offline   jxw Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:17 PM

Personally, I'd like to see a kind of "Passion of the Skywalker".

We keep the same paper thin plot that Lucas is going to use anyway - this will use up about 10 minutes of screen time. Then, for the remaining 2 hours, rather than pointless action sequences, we see Anakin suffering relentless and agonising torture.

I freely admit this isn't great cinema, but Anakin deserves it after AotC. I submit that this is a valid outline for the film because a) it's better than what we'll get; b) nothing can save the trilogy anyway, so it can't spoil Star Wars (any more).

Mel Gibson has shown that this format can work. I think Lucas and McCallum would be missing out on a trick if they didn't try it. It's not too late either.

#2 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (jxw @ Jan 23 2005, 01:17 PM)

We keep the same paper thin plot that Lucas is going to use anyway - this will use up about 10 minutes of screen time. Then, for the remaining 2 hours, rather than pointless action sequences, we see Anakin suffering relentless and agonising torture.

I freely admit this isn't great cinema, but Anakin deserves it after AotC. I submit that this is a valid outline for the film because a) it's better than what we'll get; cool.gif nothing can save the trilogy anyway, so it can't spoil Star Wars (any more).

Mel Gibson has shown that this format can work. I think Lucas and McCallum would be missing out on a trick if they didn't try it. It's not too late either.

Sounds great. I'd pay to see Anakin getting relentless torture.

And while we're on that subject, let me just say that I'm only hoping to see two things.

1) The return of that very cute girl who played the young version of Aunt Beru in the otherwise staggeringly bad AOTC.

2) Obi-Wan literally kicking Anakin in the ass.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#3 User is offline   not this crude matter Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:53 PM

uGHHHHH THAT GIRL THAT PLAYED BERU CUTE?

she had to have the weirdest eyebrows I have ever seen! sick.gif

#4 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:38 AM

I'd like to see the fallout between Anakin and Padme performed as a musical to the tune of "Slap My Bit** Up". I'd also like to see the Wookies perform a revisited Yub-Yub song as they're victorious on Kashyyyk. Yoda, digging his new home on Dagobah singing "Falling on my head these raindrops are". Quite frankly, any obnoxious music number will do.

He's right you know, Bonnie Piesse (Beru) is really cute. blush.gif smile.gif

#5 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 24 January 2005 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (jxw @ Jan 23 2005, 09:17 PM)

Hmm... yeah, I'd pay to watch that. devil.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#6 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (HK 47 @ Jan 24 2005, 02:38 AM)
He's right you know, Bonnie Piesse (Beru) is really cute.  blush.gif  smile.gif

Thanks, HK 47. thumbsup.gif
I am the Fisher King.

#7 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:22 PM

I think she's kind of cute in that "girl next door" way. Altho, that hairdo does nothing for her, and she looks Amish in those clothes. I'd like to see her in something else to judge better.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#8 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:40 PM

Women are so scarce in the star wars galaxy, talking about Beru makes me feel like on the chain gang in cool hand luke. she's ok, but Lucas ain't going to give her any personality.

#9 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 25 2005, 01:40 PM)
Women are so scarce in the star wars galaxy, talking about Beru makes me feel like on the chain gang in cool hand luke.

If only we were treated to a scene where Beru washes the land speeder in a skimpy top. wink.gif

Yeah, Lucas is about as good at writing women as the late, great Philip K. Dick.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#10 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:07 PM

I am really glad some of you guys thought young Beru cute. It shows that not only glamour and bare midriff counts with some people and it is really like a breath of fresh air

And I don't really think she would look all that great in a skimpy top. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Madam Corvax: 25 January 2005 - 02:08 PM

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jan 25 2005, 02:07 PM)
I am really glad some of you guys thought young Beru cute. It shows that not only glamour and bare midriff counts with some people and it is really like a breath of fresh air

cute. My best friend's wife, 30-ish is pregnant again and just loves her maternity tube-top.

I don't see the need to have to display your belly and bum-crack, but the zeitgeist beckons.

If only we were treated to a scene where Beru washes the land speeder in a skimpy top.

I am a man, so, yeah. happy.gif

#12 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jan 25 2005, 02:07 PM)
I am really glad some of you guys thought young Beru cute.

Young Beru was definitely cute in a personality-free and completely undeveloped sort of way.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#13 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

I want to see a cameo of George Lucas as a Jedi, getting decapitated by Ewoks.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#14 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jan 25 2005, 04:57 PM)
I want to see a cameo of George Lucas as a Jedi, getting decapitated by Ewoks.

Sounds cool.

Young Beru, played by Bonnie Piesse, is cute and alluring in an understated sort of way (it helps that she didn't have to say any of the embarrassingly bad lines Natalie Portman spouts).
I am the Fisher King.

#15 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:11 AM

LA - do I understand it correctly that you would consider cute in SW anyything that does not utter any horrible Lucas dialogue? wink.gif Let's think - Artoo, then (he only twits and chirps). And perhaps that's the allure of Boba Fett in OT that he actually doesn't speak much.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size