Chefelf.com Night Life: Violence, Nazis, or Abortions - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Violence, Nazis, or Abortions Pick one

#1 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

This hasn't been in the news lately, thank God... But when it does show up, it bares noting. So I'll just talk now.

We spend ages being bombarded from all sides by the Pro-Life movement describing abortion as being just as bad as (if not worse than) the Holocaust.

And when someone shoots an abortion doctor, bombs a clinic, or whatever other damn fool thing happens, we hear people saying "Oh, we never wanted THAT to happen."

I would put something forward. Now, since I used to be a regular here, some changes have happened to me. One, I've become Christian, and two, I've become damn near close to a pacifist. The Christian part is why I end up hearing these Pro-Life loonies so much, and thus am spending more time thinking of them than I usually do. The almost-pacifist part is why something has to be pretty bad for me, at least, to say that it deserves violent removal.

And now I'm going to make a crazy statement. I think the holocaust was REALLY REALLY bad. I think the holocaust DESERVED violent action. I think the Holocaust KINDA TOTALLY SUCKED.

And I think the people who say this would usually agree that, you know, getting rid of Hitler was a good idea.

And to them I say, well... Choose one.

Either

1) Violence is totally merited against abortion clinics.

2) Nazis were not that bad, really, so violence is merited against neither abortion clinics, nor Nazis.

3) Abortions are not as bad as Nazis.

Only one of those statements can be true.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Do they seriously compare getting an abortion to the holocaust? What exactly do they say? That's... well, wow. Your logic here is pretty sound, a very good point, I just can't believe it's required.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostJ m HofMarN, on 02 December 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Do they seriously compare getting an abortion to the holocaust? What exactly do they say? That's... well, wow. Your logic here is pretty sound, a very good point, I just can't believe it's required.

Yes. They do. Frequently and loudly. Mike Huckabee does it a lot.

http://www.salon.com...ust_comparison/

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 02 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size