Chefelf.com Night Life: A new hope. No, really - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

A new hope. No, really "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation

#1 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Now to throw him down the shaft

Break out the stormtrooper helmet xylophone. Today is a reason for celebration.

#2 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yeah I heard about that. I doesn't affect me since I did make a vow many years ago to stop being a Star Wars fan... and I haven't really watched any of the Star Wars movies since 2005 anyway.

At any rate... this did take me by surprise since I never expected George Lucas to ever relinquish the reins over the Star Wars mythos over to another company. Though the fact that it's Disney makes for an interesting twist. Disney owns Marvel and they've done a pretty good job with the Avengers... so it's gonna be interesting to see what they're going to do with Star Wars. Hell, I heard they're gonna make a sequel trilogy starting in 2015, and if they're any good (since George Lucas won't have as tight a grip on the project as he did in the prequel trilogy) I might come back into the fold of liking Star Wars again.

Another thing that I do wonder about is just what the story will be. I've read about what George Lucas envisioned Star Wars back in the late 70's, at a time when he didn't think he was going to make 6 or 9 movies, but 12. Some of those ideas were good, like showing Leia, Han, and Luke in their older years still being active, but at the same time, training a new generation of Jedi (which Lucas called 'the new New Hope', and thought of a scene in which Luke would become like the new Obi-Wan and pass the sword down to an apprentice or something). But I don't think this will be it. There is a massive amount of EU that's been created in the last 30 years and I don't think that any screenwriters will be wanting for any ideas or material. Hell, they can build a script or adventure based entirely on what they can find on wookieepedia and it'll probably be better than what George came up with for the prequels.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size