Chefelf.com Night Life: Is America on its way to becoming a dictatorship? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Is America on its way to becoming a dictatorship? Well basically, yeah.

#1 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

Don't know who really frequents the area much anymore but, have you heard of the National Defense Authorization Act?

Well, last week this bill got passed in the Senate 93 - 7. It basically labels the United States of America and the World a battle ground, and allows the military to act with imputiny. If made into law, this will legally allow the US military to arrest, detain indefinitely, torture, and execute anyone in the world (including any US citizen) without due process if anyone in the military even suspects that a person is more or less against the United States Government. They can even attack allied nations outright, and are free to assassinate at will. And it's all LEGAL. It even takes away such things as the right to remain silent, and also allows Federal troops to police our country. Yes they've been experimenting with that in some areas, and now they will be allowed to do it all over the country. And all of these actions that can be taken, are pretty much up to the judgement of the military. Never mind that pretty much all of this is actually unconstitutional or anything like that. It is written in such a way that it overrides the constitution.

Obama has already stated he plans on vetoing it, but not for its unconstitutionallity. No, he plans to veto it because procedures would get too complicated with civilians and agents who work with terrorists and are working for us as informants.

In reality, this is about to become law. I don't know the number for which it passed in the House, but it was surely not split along party lines. The same goes for the Senate. A 93 - 7 vote is almost unheard of. I guess bipartisanship is really easy when you're not trying to put on a show for everyone. Obama may or may not veto it, but if he does, I am quite certain that Congress will pass it anyways. So what's left, the Supreme Court? Oh wonderful. They have such an awesome track record of shooting down a lot of the crazy things that have been getting passed over the last 11+ years.

Why hasn't mainstream media jumped all over this? I mean, these things trample the hell out of a TON of different rights we have as US citizens. Well, when big business owns the media (outright), the government (campaign funds, etc etc), and the military (through the gov and other means I'm sure), then I guess the watchdog keeps it's trap shut when the muzzle is on.

Well, it looks like my dream of living in a military dictatorship has finally come true. Because really, how long will it be before someone asks for the presidential emergency war power to stay in office indefinitely? The War on Terror is on ongoing and a change in our leadership during wartime is hurtful to our efforts. They must be really losing that war, because I'm only becoming more and more terrified - of my own government.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#2 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

Yup.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#3 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

I don't know, I think they want toe powers of a dictatorship with all the happy cuddly trappings of democracy, which is nearly what they have now. It's the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie, really.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size