Chefelf.com Night Life: Fan Re-make of the Star Wars Prequels - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Fan Re-make of the Star Wars Prequels Let me know what you think?

#1 User is offline   Eleven9 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

As a fan of the Star Wars trilogy ever since I was a kid, I was shocked at the complete lack of continuity of the prequels. It appeared to me George was the one who went over to the Dark Side. I wonder what people would think of trying to recreate the prequels as a fan re-make. At this point I believe it would need to be done completely as a CGI version. Let's be honest most of us are not actors and the cost of creating a live action movie would send most if not all of us the poor house. For most of us it would be a labor of love and would be distributed soley for the purpose getting it right and with no monetary rewards to come of it.

Does anyone else see this as a viable option or am i just a dreamer?

#2 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hell, I'd settle for a cartoon. (A wicked awesome cartoon)

And, while it would be awesome to get to do:
1. I highly doubt at this point anyone could agree on how to do the prequels the "right" way.
2. I think that as long as George held on to the copyright, I think it'd actually would be illegal to make any money off of it. And even then, there's a good chance he could still sue. I'm not entirely sure how the laws work in that regard, but I'd be cautious.
3. Getting together the funds for such a thing would still be massive. You'd need either a ton of small donations or one or more rich people wanting to give away money.

Not that I don't like the idea of a complete do-over, but it's not something i'd get my hopes up for.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

I can a thousand or so voices.

And music...

not so much john williams kind of stuff, but interesting sci-fi action kind of stuff.

I'd also be happy to contribute Ideas.

However we'll be sued by the time this thread gets to page 4.

#4 User is offline   Radu094 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

Just adding a post to push this thread going 'till page 4.
I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

#5 User is offline   videinfra78 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

Several people are trying their hand at rewriting in the Rewriting forum of originaltrilogy.com

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size