Chefelf.com Night Life: Chzo Mythos LP - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Chzo Mythos LP aw yeah

#1 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Because, you know what, I think it's interesting. There's a Let's Play of all the Chzo games going on at Something Awful right now, which in and of itself is pretty sweet. As an added bonus, Yahtzee is answering random questions about the games. I don't have an account there so I can only watch the thread like the internet voyeur that I am, but some of you might so there it is. If not, I have an extra pair of binoculars that you can borrow.

edit: LP always makes me think of vinyl albums instead of 'Let's Play'. Oh well.

This post has been edited by arien: 30 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

#2 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

Damn it arien, I thought someone had released an album inspired by Yahtzee's games.

Always good to hear Yahtzee talk about game design, even if it is at that horrible horrible cesspit of a website.

Look at the man. I wouldn't have recognised him without the hat, glasses and beard.
http://www.facebook....id=166607547918

#3 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

That's because he's become fat.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:00 AM

Also, seeing that "cough briefly through lungs filled with gravel" thing again... wonder why none of us ever started a Chzo-Pronounciation thread back in the days when we were still able to get all giddy about that kind of stuff...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#5 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

We had a 'guess the noun in the title of 6 Days' thread, that was almost as spiffing.

#6 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:02 AM

And just think of how old those games are now - least we could have done would have been some commemorative meetings to reenact the whole thing every one or two years.

#7 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

I'm still waiting for somebody to go out someplace dressed as a ZP imp. Waiting isn't the right word. Hoping. Yeah, that's it.
Also, Arien, please link.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#8 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

View PostDeucaon, on 13 May 2010 - 08:30 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for somebody to go out someplace dressed as a ZP imp. Waiting isn't the right word. Hoping. Yeah, that's it.
Also, Arien, please link.

Link to me cosplaying as the ZP imp? How about no. :|

#9 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

Christ, the guy that's running this is an absolute moron.

#10 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

I never knew Killer 7 was one of Yahtzee's big inspirations.

#11 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:50 AM

When he first mentioned it I checked it out, but found it fucking annoying and way too pretentious so I got rid of it quickly.

#12 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

I liked the game, probably because I didn't give a fuck about the massive amounts of symbolism and commentary that was crammed in.

#13 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

I think Killer7 looks good, I understand it came out for the Gamecube so I might get it off eBay.

#14 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:02 AM

It looked intriguing at first, but then the annoying bits where the red ninja whose name I forget keeps telling you in his garbled speech that you're in deep trouble EVERY FUCKING TIME he opens his gob or how you're dumped with a ton of gameplay information right in the beginning confusing you big time or when you're running up and down in an area trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to be doing for hours got to me. And as the great man once said, "...deliberately annoying is still annoying."

I sort of see what other people see in it though, I just lacked the patience for it beyond the first two hours or so.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 26 May 2010 - 05:03 AM

#15 User is offline   m0ds Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

I just read most of the 32 pages, ha! My eyes hurt.

Someone asked if the Trilby's Notes "Harpsichord" music is taken from somewhere else or something because it seemed familiar to them. Well, they are half right - and if anyone here has an account there, please do post this fact and link which should clear up why they recognise it, cos I don't want to pay 9.99 for one reply! (There question was on page 29 ish I think).

The tune is not ripped but it was definitely inspired, and the inspiration was Philip Glass' Candyman piano theme:

http://www2.mrtzcmp3..._piano__1s.html

The Candyman music & film is some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen, and just seemed apt to take inspiration from it for Notes.

Check the Candyman main theme also for another chilling track that could come right out of Notes/6DAS :)

Someone also said they wished the harpsichord music was longer. If you want you can tell them I'll try and grant that wish soon as a special treat for the LP thread.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by m0ds: 26 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size