Chefelf.com Night Life: Final Fantasy 13 - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Final Fantasy 13 looks utterly ridonculous...

#16 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

View PostJ m HofMarN, on 27 February 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

Add in the time you took to level up all that counter materia and get the 3x growth weapons, and so forth, and you spent hours to be able to do that. Its actually more work to do it that way than it would be to do it normally.

And you forgot to add that he needs to be equiped with cover materia and HP plusses, and some damn good armor. Oh, and he's not going to do a lot of damage with physical attacks unless you get his ultima weapon, which also requires a sidequest.

No matter how much time you spend grinding you should not make the last boss of the game (the thing you've been working towards since you popped the first disc in) an easy three minutes where you hardly have to do anything.

And the cover materia is just more poorly designed materia on top of counter strike that makes the fights only easier. You get good enough armor by simply playing through the game and getting Clouds ultimate weapon takes like 5-10 minutes.

This post has been edited by Ghello: 28 February 2010 - 12:58 PM

#17 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

FINAL FANTASY IS TERRIBLE

NO WAIT FINAL FANTASY IS GREAT

YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND I HATE YOU

#18 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

I forgot I'm not aloud to have conversations like this on here, I'll go back to being a smartass cynic that thinks Fallout 2 is the only good game ever made or something.

This post has been edited by Ghello: 28 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

Gobbler Gobbler Gobbler... If you werent busy sodomizing leopards during video game school, you'd know that FF8 had a ridiculous plot involving insane time travel bullshit, and that the end boss was insanely difficult and made anything you did to get there absolutely pointless since it was all taken away. Also, I would like to submit that despite the furry nature of some of FF9s characters, FF8 had a gunman whose sole job on the team was to shoot someone, a task at which he utterly failed. Then they got sent to screw prison. Also all the characters had the same bloody vapid backstory about some orphanage where time compression whore looked after them. Oh and you had to play their stupid card game to get your ultima weapons.

I recall that the frog thing was able to do blue magic and absorb powers and some such stuff, but I'm not too clear on it.

Admittedly trance was stupid, I'll give you that. I'll also give you syphillis.

Ghello - Any game is vulnerable to tweaking and such, my point is the vast, vast majority of people dont do that. Most are lucky just to beat the weapons which are harder then Sephiroth really. And those that do arent doing it for the difficulty of beating the game, theyre doing it for the nerd cred of filling 10 slots full of counter materia or having phoenix/final attack on every character (this takes 3 days usually, or it did for me) I beat it proper like on my first try, and after that I decided to see just what else you could do within the game engine....

Sadly I couldnt ever ressurect Aeris though.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 28 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#20 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:47 AM

Did anyone ever attempt to measure what influence the release of FF7 had on global necrophilia statistics? :huh:

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#21 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

According to at least one fanfic that I sent in to ToplessRobot.com 's fan fiction friday, it did have an impact. It wouldnt have been so weird to write a Zac/Cloud fanfic... except that the author acknowledged that Zack had been dead for years, but still made the case that Cloud was suddenly pregnant by him.

So, theres your dose of horror for the day.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#22 User is offline   Angry Cunt Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

...Cloud starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking sword and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass sword.

...Kane starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking spear and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass spear.

...Bartz starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking sword and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass sword.

...Terra starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking magitek and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass magitek.

...Cloud starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking sword and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass sword.

...Squall starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking Gunblade and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass Gunblade.

...Tidus starts out as an uncaring dipshit with an ass-kicking sword and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass sword.

...Lightning starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking sword and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass sword.

I hope someone forces Yahtzee to review FF13 at gunpoint so I can see it being torn apart and be all fucking smug about how I play western RPGs because I have an IQ above 20.

Seriously every single Final Fantasy game is shit, and you are the worlds biggest, dumbest cunt if you think otherwise.

#23 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:20 AM

View PostAngry Cunt, on 09 March 2010 - 09:07 PM, said:

...Terra starts out as an uncaring hard-ass with an ass-kicking magitek and finishes the game as a caring, compassionate person with a kick-ass magitek.

Shit, must have missed that item.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#24 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:15 AM

View PostAngry Cunt, on 10 March 2010 - 06:07 AM, said:

Seriously every single Final Fantasy game is shit, and you are the worlds biggest, dumbest cunt if you think otherwise.

"Every single" one? Surely you'd have to play them all to know this...and if they are all so bad, why keep playing?

#25 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

They're shit solely based off how all the characters start the same morally and end up the same morally, if I read it right.

#26 User is offline   Angry Cunt Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Yeah my analysis implies I never played the games I guess.

They all have a retarded cliche premise, that ends up in a hilariously predictable place. If you get off on a bad story, with shitty 2D characters who are all a carbon copy of each other except the weapons they wield (some times) then I am sure you will disagree with my analysis, but you will be a retard who likes unimaginative games for doing so.

#27 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

View PostAngry Cunt, on 11 March 2010 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yeah my analysis implies I never played the games I guess.

They all have a retarded cliche premise, that ends up in a hilariously predictable place. If you get off on a bad story, with shitty 2D characters who are all a carbon copy of each other except the weapons they wield (some times) then I am sure you will disagree with my analysis, but you will be a retard who likes unimaginative games for doing so.

sup troll

Can I keep you, I am pretty cool and will give you cake and stuff. You can even wear like a studded collar if you like when I take you for walks, though I think you will scare the neighbors.

I just hope I am not allergic to you; I am allergic to cats so we will see.

EDIT: Unless you are Cobnat/Deucaon/SnakeLogan/ect in which case I will put you in a cage and make people pay to see you do tricks

This post has been edited by arien: 11 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

#28 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

View Postarien, on 12 March 2010 - 02:12 AM, said:

EDIT: Unless you are Cobnat/Deucaon/SnakeLogan/ect in which case I will put you in a cage and make people pay to see you do tricks

He isn't a sockpuppet, he just found the gate of the tard farm.

#29 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

Mmmmm... lard...

#30 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

crud, sorry guys. I thought Arien's post was hilarious so I showed it to Slade, who thought that angry cunt's user name was, in fact, non-hilarious. Arien, i owe you a pet troll. (unless it was Cobnuts, in which case, your solution would have worked too.)

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size