• (3 Pages)
  • +

Bug Yahtzee about this or die

#16 User is offline   Sofox Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

Wait, so m0ds, the very guy who made awesome music for Yahtzee's very own adventures games, can't even communicate with Yahtzee?

Oh how fame has turned Yahtzee into an aloof, arrogant prick who will spite even those closest to him. Whereas before all this he was...

he was....

dammit!

This post has been edited by Sofox: 04 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

#17 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

He must be pissing himself now though, he's spent years making comics and AGS games, after 5 minutes of making cock gags on youtube he becomes an instant internet celebrity and rather wealthy too.

Although I assume that when he releases his autobiography he'll go into abit more detail than that.

#18 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

That's a way to word it, I suppose. And to think that he was willing to make Zero Punctuation clips for free.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#19 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

View Postllamaman, on 04 August 2009 - 07:43 PM, said:

Err... you know that m0ds is the guy who did the music for a bunch of yahtzee's games, right?

Really? The guy who made up the Tall Man's theme and all that?

#20 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

Enough with the sarcasm already.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#21 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Oh yeah, we don't need any sarcasm right now.

#22 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

Are you being sarcastic?

#23 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Something has been bugging me for a long time; these game reviews and internet folks making these videos...are they considered as 'journalists', because I remember "Yahtzee" recieved a 'reward' for contributing to "gaming journalism". To me, it doesn't sound legit. It makes me feel like I'm having another one of those strange dreams where Batman and Nixon team up to fight against Chow Yun-Fat and Marge Thatcher accompanied by an army of toy soldiers on a huge Zeppelin carrying 666 children, flying streight toward the Eifel tower.

Let's get back on topic.

If Benjamin doesn't want to attend these convensions and stay in Aussie land and continue playing with his white stick figures and his ideas, that is not our bloody business. It's like trying to push back a suicidal whale into the sea. The whale's too damn heavy, let him die. Maybe he just wants to know if there is an after life or a god; I don't envy him/her/it.

From now on, whenever there is talk of Benjamin's personal life or the decisions/debates on what he should be diong for the future, count me out, unless I reluctantly join in out of boredom. It's for our own good.

#24 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:41 AM

From now on, let's only talk about that stuff.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#25 User is offline   Moudini Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

I heard he's gay. What's up with that?

#26 User is offline   Sofox Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

IT MEANS THAT HE LIKES PEOPLE WHO ARE MALE.

Or so I hear.

#27 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

Best not to discuss it. I heard you can catch it even just by talking about it.

#28 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

I heard that if you do talk about it you are one... Unless you're simply informing the others of their fate of course.

#29 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

I guess he's bisexual.

#30 User is offline   m0ds Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:52 AM

Excellent, a mass-debate. Yes - that's right, after Art of Theft was released, further emails were left un-answered, including the one to ask him to add the 2 missing tracks! But never mind. I'm asking you to bug him because my friends suggested I did. It's not really for the AGS community to bring Yahtzee along to this, moreso for anyone who is a fan of any of his works. As I said before, there are people I know who have no interest in adventure games, but when I mentioned the Y-man (uh oh!) they were really interested in going.

But hey ho, yes, I realise this is a tall (man) order, what with him being probably the biggest game reviewing net celeb person he is these days. I realise he may be a bit shy on these sorts of things, but he's showed up at E3 a few times hasn't he? And he also whores his visual self out to that crap we know as Game Damage... so it seemed like nowadays at least, he may be a little more confident in public...But who knows :)

It's always speculation with this lad! And that's okay. I don't expect to hear from him personally again. But if you do email him, then please include a PS about AdventureX! I'll give it another shot emailing him, probably not hear back. Though he may not be there, we will definitely still have a Yahtzee display. And on the last day we'll burn it :D

PS - I neither like nor hate Yahtzee. He's more like a business associate, but one that I have no problems abusing :P

Thanks for all the replies! I'll come back with any updates, if I get any :)

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size