Chefelf.com Night Life: Eurovision Song Contest - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Eurovision Song Contest Oh Gods...

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:13 AM

People who've actually read anything Yahtzee wrote before setting off to Australia may remember how he used to run daily updates. And one of these about the Eurovision Song Contest. I'm not going to link to it, FR is still there, even if no-one cares. Basically, he said the only bit of it work watching was Terry Wogan's drunken, angry commentry, and also that "Terry Wogan will eventually die, and his part in the contest is one [he] was fucking BORN to play."

And now Terry Wogan's stepping down. And being replaced by Graham bloody Norton.

Now I'd rather stick spiders up my urethra than watch Graham Norton camping it up and taking the gimpy twats seriously, so I'm forcded to admit, the only way forward is to fly Yahtzee back to England, and get him to commentate it. He's shown he can get pissed and rip on things on the fly; just listen to any Australian Gamer podcast he's done.

So everyone else in England; I am willing to stump up some money to get Yahtzee home, hire some hitmen to put the heat on Norton, but I'm unemployed. Who else is in?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   ftr Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

If I wasn't being laid off myself, I'd stump up some cash...

#3 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

So that's how other countries deal with it... interesting. Too bad it won't happen here, people are already far too deluded and generally have a thing against humour, especially the dark kind, or so it seems.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

How much?

#5 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

Gobbler: No, we used to have Terry Wogan getting lashed and telling us how shit it is, but he's left. Now we've got Graham Norton, who's basically going to go head to head with the competition to see who can be camper. Which just won't be worth even complaining about. Yahtzee may be an arrogent twat, but at least he won't describe any of the acts as "FAHbulous".

Game Over: I don't know. We need to find out how much a return ticket back to England from Oz is, and how mujch it'd cost to get Norton kneecapped. Then see how many people we cna muster, and split the cost.

Less Is More v4

#6 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

I'll be honest, even if all we achieve is getting Norton kneecapped, I'm in.

"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#7 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, I doubt a ticket would cost more than £300 (no, he won't be sitting first class). Maybe I'll finally get the chance to meet Benji.

#8 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:15 AM

Norton?

Fucking NORTON?

Why did I not hear of this? Jesus Christ...

Actually, reconsidering, maybe I shouldn't be so quick to shoot him down, he's a witty guy, maybe he'll be good on the night.

This post has been edited by AdamM: 13 May 2009 - 03:18 AM

#9 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (AdamM @ May 13 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, reconsidering, maybe I shouldn't be so quick to shoot him down, he's a witty guy, maybe he'll be good on the night.

No, you could hear the utter contempt for the entire rigimarole coming off of Sir Terry. Norton, however, genuinly likes it. You can tell from all the gameshows he keeps hosting to find who's taking part.

And as an ancillary point, why bother with those fuckers? Get Bill Bailey, give an acoustic guitar, and let him loose.

Less Is More v4

#10 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

I believe Bill Bailey was attempting something to do with Eurovision.

Tim Minchin lives here now too, I say give him a piano and Bill a guitar and we're sorted.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#11 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ May 13 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, you could hear the utter contempt for the entire rigimarole coming off of Sir Terry. Norton, however, genuinly likes it. You can tell from all the gameshows he keeps hosting to find who's taking part.

Certainly Wogan became more and more disillusioned with the whole thing as time went on, but that doesn't mean Norton won't be above taking the piss out of the various acts in a similar manner.

At least, I hope so.

#12 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:53 AM

You keep hoping, lad, I'll just make a drinking game where I take a shot everytime somethings described as FAHbulous.

Less Is More v4

#13 User is offline   Jeremy Clarkson Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ May 12 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People who've actually read anything Yahtzee wrote before setting off to Australia may remember how he used to run daily updates. And one of these about the Eurovision Song Contest. I'm not going to link to it, FR is still there, even if no-one cares. Basically, he said the only bit of it work watching was Terry Wogan's drunken, angry commentry, and also that "Terry Wogan will eventually die, and his part in the contest is one [he] was fucking BORN to play."

And now Terry Wogan's stepping down. And being replaced by Graham bloody Norton.

Now I'd rather stick spiders up my urethra than watch Graham Norton camping it up and taking the gimpy twats seriously, so I'm forcded to admit, the only way forward is to fly Yahtzee back to England, and get him to commentate it. He's shown he can get pissed and rip on things on the fly; just listen to any Australian Gamer podcast he's done.

So everyone else in England; I am willing to stump up some money to get Yahtzee home, hire some hitmen to put the heat on Norton, but I'm unemployed. Who else is in?

nothing wrong with a bit of camp cander... except when it's a Geordie speaking in the camest voice you could imagine, I nearly shat myself in disbelief, imagine Stephen Fry with a Geordie accent :S obviously a farsight less intelligent.. he was talking about castles..

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size