Chefelf.com Night Life: Sick and tired of what Lucasarts is doing? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Sick and tired of what Lucasarts is doing?

#1 User is offline   Bad Asp Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

This is the thread for you.

Feel free to address any complaints about Lucasarts here.

I'd tell you my complaints about the company, but there are so many of them, I don't think they'll fit in this post!
Oh, and while you're reading this, would you please sign my three petitions:

www.gopetition.com/petitions/investigate-lucasarts.html

I made this petition because I seriously think there's something going on at Lucasarts and I want to find out what it is now!

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/samandmaxas

And I made this petition because I want a new Sam and Max animated series on Adult Swim, because the freelance police need to return to animation now!

www.gopetition.com/petitions/sam-and-max.html

And I made this petition because, well, I don't like the current voices of Sam and Max, to tell you the truth. Sam's current voice is too wooden, and Max's current voice is too annoying, in my opinion. I want the original ones back where they belong!

#2 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

While it's true that there is a maximum length for posts here, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if you tried to push it.

I can't think of anything other than how the Monkey Island franchise kind of went downhill.

#3 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Ninja Duck @ Jan 27 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't think of anything other than how the Monkey Island franchise kind of went downhill.

crying.gif

Why'd they stop making those gloriously good games? crying.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4 User is offline   Bad Asp Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Ninja Duck @ Jan 27 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While it's true that there is a maximum length for posts here, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if you tried to push it.

Okay, here goes...

According to my extensive research (I am not making this stuff up, people)...

1. They cancelled "Sam and Max: Freelance Police" just before it was about to be completed.

2. They fired the people who worked on that game.

3. When the people who worked on that game formed their own company (called Telltale Games), Lucasarts refused to give them the programming code to that game.

4. They changed the release date of "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2" from February 2005 to December 2004, rushing Obsidian, and causing the game to be released in an incomplete state.

5. They refused to allow Obsidian to finish KOTOR2.

6. The "Combat Upgrade" for Star Wars Galaxies took out a whole bunch of job classes, items, and abilities.

7. They made the Jedi class, the most powerful class ever, available at the start with the Combat Upgrade.

8. They refused to make their recent games like "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed", "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and "Fracture" for the PC.

9. They refused to re-release any of their graphic adventures in the United States.

10. They refused to re-release any of their graphic adventures on the Nintendo DS, claiming that "there's not enough space to hold them".

11. They claim they are still making adventure games, but they are making them of the "survival horror" variety. I have yet to see one survival horror game from the company.

12. They hand out cease-and-desist letters that actually contain the F-word! The F-word, people! I'm not kidding!

If there's any I missed, please tell me! Chefelf, maybe you should start a "Things to Hate about Lucasarts" page just like you did for the Star Wars series.

Come to think of it, with all of these actions, I'm seriously thinking of reporting Lucasarts to a higher authority, President Obama or the Supreme Court. You know, charge them with multiple crimes or something. Should I do this?

This post has been edited by Bad Asp: 28 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Oh, and while you're reading this, would you please sign my three petitions:

www.gopetition.com/petitions/investigate-lucasarts.html

I made this petition because I seriously think there's something going on at Lucasarts and I want to find out what it is now!

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/samandmaxas

And I made this petition because I want a new Sam and Max animated series on Adult Swim, because the freelance police need to return to animation now!

www.gopetition.com/petitions/sam-and-max.html

And I made this petition because, well, I don't like the current voices of Sam and Max, to tell you the truth. Sam's current voice is too wooden, and Max's current voice is too annoying, in my opinion. I want the original ones back where they belong!

#5 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

Wow, I guess you really don't like them.

I don't think they've done anything illegal, but if you do manage to get hold of the president, tell him I said hi.

Could you link to one of those cease-and-desist letters?

#6 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Bad Asp @ Jan 29 2009, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come to think of it, with all of these actions, I'm seriously thinking of reporting Lucasarts to a higher authority, President Obama or the Supreme Court. You know, charge them with multiple crimes or something. Should I do this?

Good idea. Why not give it a try and post your results?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size