• +
  • « First

I hate America Viva my misguided idealism

#91 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

Mission accomplished: You're already on the wrong foot with me. I'm a southerner. Born and raised in the Carolinas. I am in no way, shape, or form racist or dumb; and neither are any of my friends. I don't know or ever hear of any real incest or bestiality (just jokes - and believe me, the news would report it). Yes, there are some pockets in rural areas where this kind of thing is prevalent, but that is in no way kept to the South. That's just rural areas in general (and not even all or most rural areas). In fact, I find that there is more racism in the urban north than most of the south, in part due to segregation of the races and a lack of ever having to deal with diversity. Many would agree with me on this point. And before you call the whole of the South dumb and "90% donkey fuckers," learn the difference between "there" and "their," and "its" and "it's."
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#92 User is offline   Toaster Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

Sorry if i offended you. I never said everyone was like that. I have a lot of friends that aren't like that. Maybe it was the area I was living in. It could have been the fact that I had a meth lab blow up near my house that led me to believe that. Or that fact that every morning i would go outside and their would be a guy outside in his undies, with a 12 guage shooting at squirrels. I really don't mean to offend anyone, just expressing my point of views and open to nonviolent opinions.

#93 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

Right, because the South is known for having more problems with guns and drugs than any other area... rolleyes.gif And no, you didn't say everyone was like that - just, you know, 90%. Leaving 10% of us to be good, decent, normal people? Sure, that's not offensive at all...
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#94 User is offline   TheOrator Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Jan 14 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks to me like you read a lot of Crichton and/or Card. tongue.gif

I've read nearly every Crichton book, and I'm nowhere near that crazy!

It isn't Bush's job to make everyone paranoid!

That's why we have CNN!

I won't be reading any more Card, though, I wasn't too impressed by Ender's Game.

--- --- ---

QUOTE (Toaster or something. Was this the fellow J M was writing about? Some Victorian ancestor @ mayhaps?)
I lived theere for three years and slowly felt my IQ falling. Its bad when a question on the highschool final is, i quote this,"What shows wind direction? A. Wind Vane B. Ipod"

I'd hate to see what your grammar was like during this IQ trough.

And what the hell kind of school has one giant final at the end?
"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum."
-John Carpenter's They Live

"God help us...in the future."
-Plan 9 from Outer Space

nooooo

#95 User is offline   Toaster Icon

• New Cop

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:31 AM

--- --- ---

I'd hate to see what your grammar was like during this IQ trough.

And what the hell kind of school has one giant final at the end?
[/quote]
it was more of an end of the term exam for biology. my grammar sucks when i`m cold. sorry again spoon. im not here to make enemies.

#96 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

...Seemed you were by what you said, and also the phrase "Not to start off on the right foot" or whatever it was...

#97 User is offline   Toaster Icon

• New Cop

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:51 AM

Ya know, I really don't know what I meant by that statement. Their is a good chance that sounded good in my head at the time. I guess I didn't think it out. Im really not trying to piss anyone off, just expressing my opinion.

This post has been edited by Toaster: 21 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

#98 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

Gosh toaster, I'd have thought you would've been seen as a God among neanderthals, the way you tell your story. I can understand how your brilliance was unrecognized, but I'm sure it must have been a boon to your self-esteem. You are truly a great man to pull yourself away from that.

Wind direction from an ipod, huh? Given the education system I see, I really doubt the test was something that was written in this millennium. Nice nod to our approach to understanding technology. Or at least exposing "are" children to some newer terms.

This post has been edited by Despondent: 21 January 2008 - 10:57 AM

#99 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

I guess Toaster didn’t think that those pesky 'southerners' could use computers to check up on what he said.
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#100 User is offline   Toaster Icon

• New Cop

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

I'm really not sure if I'm getting ganged up on. I guess that i'm now retarded, bigoted asshole in all of your eyes.

#101 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Toaster @ Jan 21 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess that i'm now retarded, bigoted asshole in all of your eyes.

Not quite. You'll have to try harder than that.

QUOTE (Toaster @ Jan 21 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really not sure if I'm getting ganged up on.

Call it a lynching and you can lose your job.

This is a great place to bicker over the finer points. But generalize all you want, in regards to your kind, Toaster. I live in the South by choice.

#102 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:32 AM

Yeah Toaster, I know I'm coming in late, but your post about how dumb Americans and esp Southerners is really calls attention to itself. It's full of misspellings, misplaced punctuation, a misused cliche ("get off on the right foot," contextually, should have been "get off on the wrong foot"), and an obviously bogus critique of schooling. I mean, can you even identify what course used that "highschool final" question?

Casual, Jim Carrey is Canadian. Don't know exactly what your deal is wth him, but them's some skookum internet skills you got there.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#103 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:41 AM

I call shenanigans on the word "skookum".

Damn it, it's a real word. Craziness. Stop the Canada speak, Civ, so the rest of us can understand you without consulting dictionaries! (Just so you know, I'd have used the one dumb slur for Canadians in this post, but I have no idea how to spell it. tongue.gif)
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#104 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jan 22 2008, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Casual, Jim Carrey is Canadian. Don't know exactly what your deal is wth him, but them's some skookum internet skills you got there.

Yeah I can’t tell weather I’ve just been insulted or not there either way I'm British so I’m too polite to do anything about it. Also Jim Carrey is half American half Canadian but I just can’t bring myself to be mad at Canada, there’s just no way to hold a grudge against that country.
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#105 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:27 PM

Carrey's Canadian (and part French Canadian) but he has American citizenship that he acquired in 2004. He grew up with both feet in Canada and was born to Canadian parents. I'm not sure which half of him you think is American, but if I moved to Brazil and earned citizenship would I be "half Brazilian?" If so, I disagree. Dual citizenship isn't the same thing as acquiring an ethnicity, but hey that's just my opinion.

Yep, skookum is an aboriginal word, Salish I think, and it's not exclusively Canadian. I think the natives of Washington (assuming I'm right about the Salish) have it as well. Apparently though it didn't make it to the mainstream in the US, unless it's only in Washington and none of you folks are. Anyway it's not even that common around here anymore, so it's a sign of my age. Since nobody much learns about Natives in high school anymore, and since in my neighbourhood English is the first language of 34.7% of the population (based on the last census), it's only codgers who even know it. It means "strong," I used it intentionally as a shout ot to Western Canada, and I meant it with irony.

What was this thread originally about? Oh yeah, I hate America because they won't keep their religion out of my peanut butter.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size