Page 1 of 1

Order 66 And Other Things

#1 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:07 AM

I will try to break down ‘Order 66’, among other things. In Star Wars Battlefront 2; at the end of the first level (not including the training sequence) you find out that the clone troopers had no idea that the Jedi could be tricked yet you find out that they were planning to kill the Jedi from the beginning. Now I (like many others) have come to wonder how the Jedi did not suspect that the troopers will turn on them; that can be answered by Knights Of The Old Republic 2: Sith Lords. In KOTOR 2 you find out that Anton Reed was a Sith Assassin and that Sith Assassins undergo special mind resistance training so that those who can control and manipulate the force cannot sense the presence of Sith Assassins. So it could be possible that the clones could have been trained in mind resistance. This raises other questions like; why wasn’t the Jedi council suspicious when they found out about the clone factory, wouldn’t they want to know what those clones had been trained for? Anyway; the clone troopers (from what I can tell from SWBF2) hate the Jedi and think they are corrupt. I can only guess that they were trained to think that way. Of course this doesn’t explain why the clone troopers took orders from the Jedi during the Clone War. Lets put aside logic for a second and concentrate on the Order 66. No doubt that while issuing Order 66, Palpatine had to use a radio. The Order was issued before the attack on the Jedi academy and during the fight for control of the Jedi academy (SWBF2) the Jedi decide to destroy all their holocrons before Palpatine/Vader can get his hands on them. This begs the question; why didn’t they destroy the holocrons before Vader arrived? They had plenty of time (a few days). Which brings me to my next point: I can only suspect that the person who erased Kamino from the archives must have been Palpatine because (if you followed AOTC) only a Jedi could have accessed the archives; so why didn’t he get the information he needed in the first place before he erased Kamino from the archives?

#2 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

I'm playing Battlefront 2 at the moment on Barend's recommendation I could go Ewok and Gungan hunting. The DVD should come with some fake hides and heads to nail to your wall.

There are a few mistakes in BF2 I've noticed: For one, the "Fighting 501st" is an Elite Clone unit. How the hell do you have an Elite Clone unit? The narrator, a Kiwi-dude and maybe even the big TM himself is pretty good. His narrations sound very Nam, and a little bit too pensive for obedient clones. You can almost imagine 'Adagio for Strings' (Platoon) playing through his narrations.

Few comments on BF2 was going to post separately:

BF2 isn't a bad game. It does put you into the action, and unlike BF1 it has some objectives. BF1 was a case of just-kill-everything and you'll win. I'd end a game with 93 enemy units to my name. The AI players would ave maybe 10.

BF1 and BF2 are not the least bit realistic unfortunately - a squad-style Star Wars game would have been nice, but LucasArts have instead decided to make it very arcadey. Reinforcements pop out of thin air. Objectives are often not convincing. In BF2 you're forced to fight battles as scripted, or you lose. And I wish for once the AI soldiers would group together so we could hit targets hard, instead of running off one-by-one and getting killed one-by-one. The linear mission structure is a drag. I'd rather lose and follow a different storyline. When you control a Jedi, no skill at all. Just mash the buttons spin wildly and you'll kill hundreds of enemies.

Worth a look, but I hope one day LucasArts do something that can insert you into a realistic universe. <== Yes. That may be an oxymoron.

This post has been edited by Toru-chan: 18 September 2007 - 09:25 PM

#3 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:10 PM

I've always wondered why all the clones have different voices, though.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#4 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Sep 18 2007, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always wondered why all the clones have different voices, though.

Well, in BFI, they all sounded like TM, but I'm guessing that was too much work for him, so they had him only do the commanding officers for the sequel.

By the way, the narrator for those clone diaries really was TM. happy.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#5 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Toru-chan @ Sep 18 2007, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm playing Battlefront 2 at the moment on Barend's recommendation I could go Ewok and Gungan hunting. The DVD should come with some fake hides and heads to nail to your wall.

There are a few mistakes in BF2 I've noticed: For one, the "Fighting 501st" is an Elite Clone unit. How the hell do you have an Elite Clone unit? The narrator, a Kiwi-dude and maybe even the big TM himself is pretty good. His narrations sound very Nam, and a little bit too pensive for obedient clones. You can almost imagine 'Adagio for Strings' (Platoon) playing through his narrations.

Few comments on BF2 was going to post separately:

BF2 isn't a bad game. It does put you into the action, and unlike BF1 it has some objectives. BF1 was a case of just-kill-everything and you'll win. I'd end a game with 93 enemy units to my name. The AI players would ave maybe 10.

BF1 and BF2 are not the least bit realistic unfortunately - a squad-style Star Wars game would have been nice, but LucasArts have instead decided to make it very arcadey. Reinforcements pop out of thin air. Objectives are often not convincing. In BF2 you're forced to fight battles as scripted, or you lose. And I wish for once the AI soldiers would group together so we could hit targets hard, instead of running off one-by-one and getting killed one-by-one. The linear mission structure is a drag. I'd rather lose and follow a different storyline. When you control a Jedi, no skill at all. Just mash the buttons spin wildly and you'll kill hundreds of enemies.

Worth a look, but I hope one day LucasArts do something that can insert you into a realistic universe. <== Yes. That may be an oxymoron.

The game was entertaining. But what pissed me off was the Blockade Runner mission. The Rebel forces are limitless on the Corvette. Their numbers should be finite, but no - there are limitless numbers of Rebels and only a hundred or so Imperials. I know it was to make the level tougher, but it was still ridiculous.

#6 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (diligent_d @ Oct 6 2007, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The game was entertaining. But what pissed me off was the Blockade Runner mission. The Rebel forces are limitless on the Corvette. Their numbers should be finite, but no - there are limitless numbers of Rebels and only a hundred or so Imperials. I know it was to make the level tougher, but it was still ridiculous.

Yes, and not the last bit of strategy. You just keep running around shooting everything that moves. When you kill enough, you get Leia. She doesn't sound even remotely like Carrie Fischer, says smart alec comments that aren't in character and, get this, IS IMMORTAL.

Likewise the space combat is extremely mundane. Just mash them buttons.

Technically the games are impressive, but design-wise they fall far short of what they could have been: An immersive Star Wars Saga.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size