Chefelf.com Night Life: Lets play Zork! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Lets play Zork!

#1 User is offline   sesame_street_hustler Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

some know the text-based game, Zork. For those that dont, it is a video game, per se, but its more like reading an interactive novel. you read a certain paragraph that describes what the situation is, then it comes to a point where it tells you to make a choice about how you would react to the given situation. the choice you make, leads you onto further adventures, or sometimes unfortunate circumstances.

there is no scoring system, its just you and your imagination at play.

so with that said, i would like to start a Zork gaming thread. I will start this out with a basic scenario, and each person that wants to play simply reads the last reply and adds on their own bit.

so for example: if i was to say "youre walking out in a forest and you see a knife.." the next person can reply with "i pick up the knife and i see someone behind me,.should i stab them?" the next person could then say "no,.i hold onto the knife and run away"

just to give you an idea...but it doesnt have to be that way, there is no format for response, no rules on how long or short a response has to be...in fact...here's the only rule....

there is only one rule: the game doesnt end/game never ends.
so for example..you could kill off the main character, if you wanted to, and have a new character you make up enter into the scene as the main protagonist.

other than that one sole rule..anything goes,.the sky is the limit.

lets have some fun, and see what types of adventures our main character will have
here goes:

You have just woke up from a deep slumber, you grab a quick breakfast to eat, and head out of your log cabin home. you are walking westbound towards nearby forest. as you approach the forest treeline, you begin to hear a faint echo..but its not of you..its being made by something in the forest. at first you grimace with constrainted fear, and think about going back home for safety. but you realize you have your trusty pocketknife with you. but not just any ordinary knife..this 7 inch blade is customed crafted from only the finest metals. it has served you well in hunting in the past, and you feel it can defend you against any threat the forest may have. at the last moment, you still think about heading for home, until you hear a faint call for help from a girl in distress coming from the forest...what do you do?

This post has been edited by sesame_street_hustler: 11 September 2007 - 07:48 AM

the world is a game of players & pawns with everyone striving to be the king

#2 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:01 AM

I run deeper into the forest, waving my knife in front of me, and come across the source of the screams: A GIANT BANSHEE!!! Quickly, I lunge forward, but she breaks the blade. I feel across my back, hoping to find my trusty arrow pack. What do I do? sad.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#3 User is offline   sesame_street_hustler Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

you have indeed located your trusty arrows and bow, and you quickly arm yourself with them. you pause for but a split second as you try to make a quick evaluation if the banshee is foe or someone friendly, who is just caught in a state of surprise. you take no chances, and shoot an arrow into the banshee's leg,.it soon stumbles and lands on the forest floor,..

with your trusty bow and arrow still pointed on the fallen banshee, you begin to ask.."who are you?..what do you want?"..you get no response from the banshee, but suddenly the cries for help continue from the distance.

should you try to further inquire the banshee's motive and try to get more information from the banshee?, or do you wish to leave this scene and try to locate the girl in distress, not knowing if she is under a direct threat and may be in a dire state of peril?

what do you do?
the world is a game of players & pawns with everyone striving to be the king

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size