Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

favorite scene other than 'I am your father'

#1 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

I was bored and so decided to come back here for a quick survey.

In ESB, what was your favorite scene other than the part where Darth Vader gives the 'I am your father' moment? For me, personally, it was the part when Chewbacca gets 3PO and tries to reassemble him, at first 3PO gives the incoherant babbling sequence and shuts off, afterwards he start speaking clearly and mentions his shock at storm troopers being there in the city and ends by yelling 'I've been shot'.

That scene definately had some good moments to it, and it was my second most favorite scene. So this got me wondering... what is everyone else's favorite scene in the movie other than the 'I am your father' part?

#2 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:33 AM

Yoda lifting the X wing. Pure beauty!
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

I like the duel interspersed with our other heroes' escape. My favorite music is when they're about to freeze Han, so that's another contender.

Shouldn't this topic be "least favorite", to allow for a fairness doctrine?

#4 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

A 'what is your least favorite scene' poll would be, I believe, worthy of it's own thread. wink.gif

#5 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:33 PM

Most favorite OT Scene: The Battle of Hoth (the entire 14 minutes. great movie making that.)
Least favorite OT Scene: Ewok socializing, followed by Ewok battles. It just didn't work. Even the boy scout teenager in me who saw that thought "Marketing!"

Move favorite PT Scene: When Jar Jar is ejected into space (Robot Chicken Wars)
No seriously: When Natalie Portman's shirt is ripped. She has a nice tummy.
Look if you're not going to be serious...: Despite everything I like Ewan McGregor. Pick a scene with him.
Least favorite PT Scene: Pod Race. Beyond pointless. A waste of screen time. Multiply the number of people who saw it by its length (10 min? No way I'll watch it again to measure it) and Lucas is up for multiple counts of murder.
Runner up: The Jedi Extermination Scene. The way it was described in SW4, This could have been so much. All over in a few minutes, it was a huge let down.
Another runner up: Any Jedi council scene. Yoda acts like an idiot through the whole PT. The wise little elf of the OT doesn't come through at all.

Lucas is a good storyteller, but any half-decent author knows show your drafts to other people for criticism. Instead Lucas just flung a script on the table and said "Finished!" And his fan-boi staff swooned and gushed. I'm not exaggerating: Watch the DVD Mini-specials.

#6 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

Least favorite OT scene: Jabba in ANH.
Least favorite OOT scene: Robot torture in ROTJ.

Least favorite PT scene: pfff this is a tough one. too many to count.

Most favorite PT scene: The duel with Darth Maul was actually very nicely done. And any scene without, Anakin, Padme, Jar Jar, the diner guy, Darth Sidious' name, Senator Palpatine, a water opera, the two headed announcer, baby Greedo, baby Fett, teenage Jabba, teenage assassins, Jango Fett, death sticks, Sleezebaggo, pods, water planets, clones, screaming dinosaurs, Bugs, cliche Asian traders, droids, shiny space ships, shiny mushrooms, asthmatic aliens, water creatures, breathing devices, an alien formerly known as Yoda, Yaddle, Sam Jackson, alien jedi, Darth Vader, babies, James Smits, people with goggles, and city scapes.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#7 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

I believe the topic was "Best Scene in ESB", not "Best and Worst Scenes in the OT and PT". Stay on topic.

Best scene is hands down the one where Luke confronts Vader in the Carbon Freeze Chamber. The atmosphere is brilliant.

"The Force is strong with you young Skywalker....but you are not a Jedi yet".

#8 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jun 29 2007, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the topic was "Best Scene in ESB", not "Best and Worst Scenes in the OT and PT". Stay on topic.

We're too close.
Stay on topic.
Loosen up.
Stay on topic!
Too late!
BOOM

Then the topic was wrong. This one is more fun.

#9 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

Other than "I am your father", I found the ending to be so uplifting; more so than ANH, I daresay. smile.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

Well I suppose so. Seeing how it was the last time a star wasr film left me wanting more.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size