Chefelf.com Night Life: BG Music in the XDAS games - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

BG Music in the XDAS games it isn't working on my computer!!! T.T

#1 User is offline   fullymyrphomatic Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

Okay, so I'm a massive fan of the XDAS series of games, however, to my utter dismay, when i play these games, the BGM doesn't work! fortunately it doesn't detract from the games at all and I'm able to enjoy them without it, but i do often wonder what the music is actually like, and how different the atmosphere would be if i were listening to the music at the same time!!

Whether its relevant or not, I'm not sure, but in TB and 6DAS I can hear the strange voices, but still no music, so something is working, just not the way its supposed to!!!

Can anyone give me any hints as to how i can sort my computer out so i can hear the music?

#2 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

From what you say, I think your computer doesn't play midi music. Try playing a midi song with media player or something, if that doesn't work either (and I believe it won't), then I suggest fiddling around with your computer's sound settings.

#3 User is offline   fullymyrphomatic Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

Midis do work, i compose music on this computer, and save most of it as MIDI format, so that isn't the problem...

I've a feeling it might be that the SFX playback is interfering with the BGM, cos' if i turn off the sound on 5DAS/7DAS it works... (maybe i should've tampered more before posting this...)

still, is there any way i can get both playing simultaneously?

#4 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hmm, then I suggest checking the AGS troubleshooting guide, maybe it says something about this.

#5 User is offline   BernieLaraemie Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Games, music, humour, writing, movies and games.

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

The two problems I've most commonly had with midi (and with different AGS games) is a) I use Cakewalk, and it interfers with Windows' setting of the midi. There's something in Control Panel under "sound, video" etc. that has a midi setting to tell it what your hardware is. Sometimes it'll work in one program, not another, and that's what's worked in that instance.

And there's cool.gif which is that your AGS games configuration for music device isn't set to something that works. Fiddle with that, (once putting sound to "default waveout" rather than "default sound" made the midi work for some reason.) Sorry this is rather vague, I'm on someone else's computer right now, and can't check the specifics.

Hope that helps,
~~Bernie

#6 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:08 AM

Yeah...the background music was a bit...er...but it really did grow on you...like the 1213 music...the triumphant bit with the piano playing in the first ep was nice...though I shall forever associate the end of level boss music from the second with Yahtzee cursing...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size