Chefelf.com Night Life: Familiar? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Familiar? The Hotel

#1 User is offline   ozzette Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Games, Movies, Church, Being with friends and family.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

I hope this wasn't repeated in an earlier post, but I wasn't going to look through 27 pages to find out. I have played a game in this hotel a long time ago. It must have been Yahtzee's, but can anyone tell me the name of that game, and a series if possible.

This post has been edited by ozzette: 07 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:03 AM

Trilby's Notes from the XDAS-series?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   ozzette Icon

• New Cop

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:36 AM

It's been so long ago it could have been up to 5-7 years ago, at least. But I did play the hotel scenery in a game before Trilby's Notes.

This post has been edited by ozzette: 08 February 2007 - 06:37 AM

#4 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:40 AM

Which hotel? The one in TN or are you getting mixed up with Defoe manor?

#5 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:38 AM

I suspect he's talking about an entirely different game here, but I have no idea which one. Silent Hill perhaps?

#6 User is offline   Dalboz Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:books, movies, music, adventure games

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:28 AM

Could you tell us anything more about the game? Something about the protagonist, other scenes besides the hotel, etc..
Permasuck, from Frobozz Electric. We don't make things that suck, we make things that suck permanently.

#7 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

Sure it was a game with a hotel?

Maybe it was the Budget Travel catalogue for 2004 you're thinking of?
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#8 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

Chris Quinn in the Land of the Lounge Lizards?

#9 User is offline   varyssa Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Feb 8 2007, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suspect he's talking about an entirely different game here, but I have no idea which one. Silent Hill perhaps?

This was my first thought as well - this or maybe the first Galerians game? That one was released in 2000 and had some really gruesome hotel action in it.

#10 User is offline   ozzette Icon

• New Cop

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

No, I can't remember anything about the game except the layout. It was an amateur game...I have played hundreds of them, but I don't forget that a game has the exact stairway, outside, reception area, etc. I even remembered the crooked bar room door. I have played the entire 5 days series so far...I remember the cut scenes. I always know if I have played a game before. It wasn't Silent Hill, I've played all 4. It was an amateur game. I'd email Yahtzee, but the way he writes about emails, he seems to hate them and doesn't always answer them anyway. The fact is I am afraid to email him. The only thing I could think of was the Arthur Yahtzee games. (I think that was what the series was called) He's got them up on his site and I think they are downloadable now, they weren't the last time I tried. I actually did email him on the fact that there was nothing in the links, but I looked yesterday and it seems that they have been fixed. It may be one of them, because I was around when Yahtzee said he had to write them and put them on someone else's computer. Boy, I'm getting old. blushing.gif I wish someone somewhere would tell me I'm not crazy. wacko.gif

PS....very funny CJ laugh.gif

#11 User is offline   varyssa Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

I didn't play the Arthur Yahtzee games yet, so I can't tell, but I just came up with something else the second you said it was an amateur game: Did anyone here play "Lost In The Nightmare"? It can't be the one ozzette's looking for, as it was published in 2005, but the sceneries and plot come really close (something about an outcast boy [was he disabled? Don't know for sure anymore, but I think he was] who summons some kind of demon to take revenge on all who once opposed him and treated him badly). There's a hotel with blood splattered walls and messages written in blood, as well as reality shifts and some kind of badass evil faceless creature with white skin, dressed in black. Pretty remarkable parallels though...just a thought.

#12 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:10 AM

It could be that some shitty amateur game maker ripped off a bunch of my backgrounds because they are fuckwitted.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#13 User is offline   Don Andy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Yahtzee @ Feb 9 2007, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could be that some shitty amateur game maker ripped off a bunch of my backgrounds because they are fuckwitted.

Heh, you should sue them if you ever find them. Then you can make a sh**load of money and give away some Special Editions for free wink.gif

Then again, I don't know in which way, if any, your backgrounds are copyrighted.

But hey, normally, just commercial games get ripped. Feel honored wink.gif

#14 User is offline   Maelin Icon

• New Cop

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (Don Andy @ Feb 9 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then again, I don't know in which way, if any, your backgrounds are copyrighted.

Unless there's some kind of truly evil and insane licencing scam going on with AGS, the copyright for the entire work and everything therein belongs automatically to Yahtzee, by virtue of his having created it.

Every creative work a person does is automatically the intellectual property of that person unless copyright is specifically given to another party. Note that many software companies, etc. put clauses in their programmers' contracts to ensure that the code the programmer produces as part of their employment is the intellectual property of the company. This is so people can't just join the company, write some code that becomes and integral part of the company's software, and then hold the company to ransom with the rights.

#15 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, and that's the reason for why every sane programmer out there gives a shit about proper documentation and tries his best to make things appear as cryptic as possible, thus allowing him to ransom the company anyway.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size