• (3 Pages)
  • +

TheForce.net is pathetic. Look at this $#!7

#1 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:01 AM

Apparently these Forcer.neters eat their own! I even took the guise of a PT-hugging vampire, and I still get punished!!

In truth, I have warmed up to the PT at least a little bit. But I'm far from ever truly liking them.

This post has been edited by StarWarsIsUs: 22 November 2006 - 01:03 AM

SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#2 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:28 AM

The response that this person gave you doesn't even make sense. You asked a question about the EU on their SW forums and they denied?!

As for the PT, I still can't warm up to them. They are all a clipshow to me. If I decide to watch any of them, I'll skip most scenes and go for something a little worthwhile.

#3 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:26 AM

"...threads like that typically don't garner very nice responses" what the hell? Are forums about expressing our opinions and thoughts, or about making ourselves more popular among other people (with whom we'll probably never even meet anyway) by making comments that appeal to them? Everyone trying to conform to each other, now that's got to be embarrassing after a while...

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 22 November 2006 - 04:26 AM

#4 User is offline   Jaded Wolf Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Nov 22 2006, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"...threads like that typically don't garner very nice responses" what the hell? Are forums about expressing our opinions and thoughts, or about making ourselves more popular among other people (with whom we'll probably never even meet anyway) by making comments that appeal to them? Everyone trying to conform to each other, now that's got to be embarrassing after a while...

Different forums have different rules and although we use forums to express our opinions, there are always rules. I can't just come on here and start blasting away obscenities and what not. Not saying the StarWarsIsUs did so but the fact is if the moderator of the forums has rules in place and also decides that certain threads are not appropriate for the atmosphere he/she is trying to create there, then in my opinion, that moderator has every right to block those threads. Either that or the moderator is a big baby who only wants the sweetness and none of the sourness. Maybe certain people should just not create forums.
"And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti!!!"

#5 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

I've heard a lot of people online bash the TFN forum as being a fanboy gusher hangout that only tolerates that sort of back-patting and conformity.

Sounds more and more like their reputation is deserved!

Basically you were being accused of posting flame-bait. Still, the wording sounds pretty inoffensive. If people there can't handle such a discussion, something is really wrong. Asking why certain people dislike the EU is far different than littering your posts with profanity or directly attacking somebody on the forum.

TFN may be a great site, but I wouldn't want to be a part of their forums. I could see myself getting banned fast for expressing my opinions or asking the "wrong" questions.

#6 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

Pretty typical. You can't criticize the EU or the PT, or be pro-OOT without the whole establishment and the users coming down on you over there. I haven't been back there since the bulk of the PT bashers were driven out in May.

#7 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:07 AM

Our gang once ventured over there. Chef, Civ, me, and few others. It was hilarious.

Chefelf is like satan over there.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#8 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:48 AM

Yay, 500 posts.

This is exactly the reason I was hesitant to join this forum after loads of negative experience on other forums, thankfully, my prejudices were proved unfounded. Basically, on the forums I've been to, if you dare to do anything else than just sucking the other forumers' peckers, such as contradicting them (be it in the most polite manner), then you're a dick, and you get ostracised, ignored, whatever. Still, I'd rather be a dick than a pussy. tongue.gif

#9 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Nov 24 2006, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly the reason I was hesitant to join this forum after loads of negative experience on other forums, thankfully, my prejudices were proved unfounded. Basically, on the forums I've been to, if you dare to do anything else than just sucking the other forumers' peckers, such as contradicting them (be it in the most polite manner), then you're a dick, and you get ostracised, ignored, whatever. Still, I'd rather be a dick than a pussy. tongue.gif

Have you ever tried pointing out flaws in "Star Wars" or "Empire Strikes Back" here? You might be in for a similar experience. I've learned through experience that no such forum exists where people can view all six movies completely objectively. The only person to that exception is, of course, myself.

PS. By "Star Wars", I mean "A New Hope".

This post has been edited by Storm: 25 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

#10 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Nov 25 2006, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever tried pointing out flaws in "Star Wars" or "Empire Strikes Back" here? You might be in for a similar experience.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

#11 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:53 AM

Well, I can't say I have visited any other Star Wars related forums; however, there is a lot of opposition when the "precious" original movies are attacked.

#12 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:59 AM

Bah! There are problems with all of the films. ESB most probably has the least of them though.

#13 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ Nov 26 2006, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever tried pointing out flaws in "Star Wars" or "Empire Strikes Back" here? You might be in for a similar experience. I've learned through experience that no such forum exists where people can view all six movies completely objectively. The only person to that exception is, of course, myself.

PS. By "Star Wars", I mean "A New Hope".

Not really. However, I didn't mean the Star Wars Convention in particular around this forum, as that I don't really read, not being an avid SW fan. Anyway, I don't think anyone gets ostracised here for just having a different opinion, in any of the forums. I read Debate Club, and if you don't get fucked around there for having extremist views, then I'd say things are pretty safe.

#14 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:20 AM

Bah! There are problems with all of the films. ESB most probably has the least of them though.

WOo stop the train you thought ESB had the least problems....
i mean yeah ok ANH is a bit iffy
and ROTJ has continuity errors,

but aside from the a little too much ewok buisness
it's the best.
sort of...

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#15 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

Heh, I look at it this way, "Which Star Wars film do I really feel like sitting through and watching without ever wanting to hit the FF button?" Answer: Empire Strikes Back.

Scenes I watch and I am slightly content:
EP I: Darth Maul landing on Tattoine. Darth Maul almost running Anakin over. Darth Maul disrobing and givin' the hurt to Qui-gon, then force pushing Obi-wan over a cliff. (Turn of movie)

EP II: Asteriod field battle between Jango Fett and Obi-wan. (If you have a good sound system, this scene is made better) Watching the Jedi behave like bloodthristy animals in the arena. Dooku maiming Anakin. (turn off movie)

EP III: I'll watch only a few fights. The rest, I skip all the way until Anakin gets his. (turn of movie)

EP IV: Bleah, too drawn out. I know the premise. I'm not sitting through this today.

EP V: Will watch the film from begining to end without the desire to do sit-ups, push-ups, curls, squats, or calf-lifts. (That means the film keeps my attention and there's nothing really sucky going on.)

EP VI: Skip straight to the Emporer landing on DS II. Skip to Luke trying to turn Vader on Endor (Diologue is good here). Skip to Emporer being a nuisance to Luke. Watch Luke fight Vader. Watch Emporer take a dive... (turn off movie)

It's all no more than a clipshow except EP V.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size